Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    OS
    iOS
    Buying souls is like playing the lottery.
    Buying skill shards is like buying real estate.

It's a no-brainer when you think of it like that.
    OpticSugar-0227
    the return of Muffin! lvl 100 red warrior Troll

"Goin' all the way, I'm nature's beast;
    Do what I want and do as I please"

This is my take in the matter. I bought Skill Shards until I leveled up my main characters at the moment (2 eddies and my 3 other char) that will be my main team. then I switched it to souls when I need a new character to work on.

OS
    iOS
    Here's my strategy regarding trooper badges:

1) Early Game -- Use on character shards until I had characters that could get me through end game (wicker man and Sentinel Golden Sun)
    2) Mid Game - Use on skill shards to build up Solider Eddie and main allies
    3) End Game - Build up to 100k trooper badges to spend on next major update (if I manage more than 100K, then I will buy skill shards with the overage)

Note: I have the following Eddies: Soldier, Eddie, Run to the Hills, Visions, Wickerman, Mummy, Speed of Light. I do not have Corrupt General, Nomad, Alliance General, or Warrior CotD. I have finished all levels with 3 stars. While I wish I had the marquee Eddies (Pharaoh, carriage rider, samurai, cyborg), I am happy to accumulate loot until the next major update. I figure the Eddies I want will be more easily obtainable then.

Every player's goal should be to do what it takes to advance without needlessly spending trooper badges, runes, or credits.

OS
    Android
    The skill shards for sale in the troopers points shop are 5 grand... HOW the HELL is anybody making enough trooper points to buy those all the time? I wish you could buy gold, ironite, or even evo shards with tropper points, because otherwise those points are pratically useless to me.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by WildBilliam View Post
    The skill shards for sale in the troopers points shop are 5 grand... HOW the HELL is anybody making enough trooper points to buy those all the time? I wish you could buy gold, ironite, or even evo shards with tropper points, because otherwise those points are pratically useless to me.
    Play all your troopers daily and you can buy 2 per week with points to spare.

OS
    iOS
    In the beginning, I enjoyed the chance of getting a rare trooper using trooper points, but after 4 or 5 straight duds from the rare assassin stones I have converted to spending exclusively on skill shards. The guaranteed benefit of building a trooper with a skill shard far outweighs the slim chance of getting something that isn’t absolute trash.

So I agree with the original poster a 100%.

OS
    Android
    I too have switched to just farming Battlefield Madness to improve Talismans and buying Skill Shards, and it's made a huge difference. The skill shards especially have taken Soldier Eddie's Barrage to levels where I can one-shot some waves while auto-farming, and the value of improved chance of Taunt on Sentinel Soul Demons is well worth it.