OS
    Android

Short theory of trooper badges

My girlfriend says, that i should study eddiology, so i will try tu publish my paper soon ;-)

My header this time is about trooper badges and how to spend them wisely.

There were a few threads in the last to days, where we were discussing about that, and i would like to add some theoretical thoughts about it.

Theorywise there is only one smart option to spend trooper badges at the moment and this is to buy skillshards with them.

The reason is simple: when you play long enough you will get all the characters that the game offers. Okay, to be fair this will take a long time, but this is not important for the theory. You can get all characters that you want from a simple rare soul, that drops in the dungeon. So this game has it's random generated drops and they will get you every character, when you try it often enough. That's why you should buy skillshards, they will always be rare, since it's so damn hard to get them.
    So if you would like to have a nice character you should farm the dungeon over and over again, till you get enough rare souls. It's not necessary to buy additional souls in the store. The characters will drop, don't worry you just have to try it often enough and don't be to disappointed if nothing good drops. The chances are small, but they will hit you from time to time.

Sure, if you enjoy the gamble and you like the thrill of getting nothing 49 times in order to get lucky the 50th time the souls are an option. But it's pure gambling for something you will archieve over the time anyway.
    If you want a solid investment, that will help you for sure, than buy skillshards.

In practice thing's are not so simple. We are all waiting for the new update and we pray, that the devs will rise the dropchances for new/good characters and the runes/shards. They will also add some new chars, which could be bought with trooperbadges, as far as i know. So we have to be a little patient and think about the upcoming changes, but i'm pretty sure that skillshards will also be the best option to spend your trooper badges.
    Last edited by slauki; 09-23-2016 at 11:40 AM.

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

Legacy
    OS
    Android
    I agree with a little sidenote. You cannot get rare Assassins/Gunners from the souls you get in the dungeons. Thus, if you spend your badges on souls, do it on the Assassin/Gunner ones.

OS
    iOS
    i could only purchase the sentinel soul yesterday, couldnt purchase a gunner or skill shard, today i was able to purchase a warrior one, i wonder if theyve locked them up during the rift openings, as in, when the sentinel dungeon is open you can only purchase the sentinel soul etc, and when the dungeons are closed all are open, silly me wasted my trooper points on crap souls instead of waiting to see if i could get a skill shard today.
    Dutch-2701

5* Lvl 100 Champions all maxed talismans (If on my trooper list, let me know if you need me to change my current Champ)

* Grim Reaper (Champ)
    * FOTD
    * Carriage Rider
    * Warrior Troll
    * Warrior COTD
    * The Nomad

OS
    iOS
    Already took that advise from the Eddiologist , and my trooper points are reaching towards 15k by the grace of my kind troopers , Three cheers for each skill shards.
    Last edited by MetalWarrior; 09-23-2016 at 12:04 PM.

I'd like to think that when I die
    I'd get a chance another time
    And to return and live again
    Reincarnate, play the game
    Again and again and again.

Please remove image/Video when you quote a message,easier to browse the thread,(faster browsing/saves mobile data)

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by 12lisa View Post
    I agree with a little sidenote. You cannot get rare Assassins/Gunners from the souls you get in the dungeons. Thus, if you spend your badges on souls, do it on the Assassin/Gunner ones.
    are you sure, that assassin/gunners don't drop from the regular rare souls? i'm pretty sure, that i got some 3* guys from the rare souls. i have 4 gunner/assassins in my character list and i only bought one assassin/gunner soul in the beginning of my play, that's
    why i think, that you can get them too from the regular rare souls.

@ dutch, don't worry we are all human. i would like to play optimal, but i also don't do it every time, since the game should also be fun and not hard work with fixed rules :-)

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by slauki View Post
    are you sure, that assassin/gunners don't drop from the regular rare souls? i'm pretty sure, that i got some 3* guys from the rare souls. i have 4 gunner/assassins in my character list and i only bought one assassin/gunner soul in the beginning of my play, that's
    why i think, that you can get them too from the regular rare souls.
    You could in the past at least, like I did.

edit: we'll see tonight with the gunner/assassin soul from daily rewards
    Last edited by Aristo4; 09-23-2016 at 11:42 AM.
    _______ 💀 Tom-7714 💀 ___________

___________ | CLAN | __________

👹 The Mofo Cult 👹

OS
    iOS
    I'm positive they only drop from the assassin souls.
    Drew-1616
    16 5 star characters level 100, 51 max talismans. Mostly Red builds.
    I rotate between the red bat, hellhound, samurai, soldier, purple harpy, and Carriage Rider. Looking for active troopers with Eddie champion, or max talisman ally.

Senior Member Schadenfreud-0217's Avatar
    OS
    Android
    Definitely buy Skill Shards, they're an Epic (let's face it, they are so rare that they don't fit that category) reward and with the weekly lock removed, you can buy 2-3 per week.
    The only other worthwhile rewards from Trooper Badges are the Assassin/Gunner souls (be it rare or normal ones), because you can't get Gunner/Assassin characters any other way.
    Schadenfreud-0217

Maxed Champions:
    Speed of Light Eddie (Magus)
    Grim Reaper Eddie (Magus)
    Soldier Eddie (Gunner)
    The Nomad (Warrior)
    Angel of Fear (Warrior)
    Child of the Damned (Gunner)
    Child of the Damned (Assassin)
    Allied Soldier (Magus)
    Soulless Demon (Sentinel)

Using CotD as leader, if you want me to switch to any of the others, or just have questions towards me in general, feel free to P.M. me.