Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Post Guide: Compilation of "best" talisman builds for all chars

I see so many people asking about which talismans should use for a particular char, and i know there is an awesome guide about how to choose the correct talismans, but lets try to do it easier for the ones than dont want to spend so much time and they want the easy "best" build. When i mean "best" i know there is no "best" talisman build, but it is a fact that are some easy builds that go good for some chars, and i know as well that will be more options as people thoughts. So im going to start with the builds of my chars and if many people disagree with some of them i will change them for the majority of the opinions. I just try to unify the builds in one thread so it will be easy to find and a start for the people that like to tweak the builds and play with the talismans.
    Another thing to say is that i prefer to use the talismans that boost the stats not the ones that apply diferent status.

For WARRIOR TYPE CHARS go here:
    http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/sh...ll=1#post12360

For MAGE TYPE CHARS go here:
    http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/sh...ll=1#post12361

For SENTINEL TYPE CHARS go here:
    http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/sh...ll=1#post12362

For GUNNER TYPE CHARS and ASSASSIN TYPE CHARS go here:
    http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/sh...ll=1#post12363

IF YOU NEED A BUILD FOR AN SPECIFIC CHAR, JUST ASK FOR IT AND I WILL MAKE IT BEFORE OTHER CHARS. SUGGESTIONS AND HELP NEEDED

P.D: Work in progress...
    Last edited by XcarecroW; 09-25-2016 at 01:02 PM.

WARRIOR:

EDDIES:

HOLY SMOKE EDDIE: The regular Eddie has 3 mandatory red spots. No much mistery for him. I usally would go with the same build for almost all my warrior type chars. I would go 2 HEALTH OVERWHELMING for more survivability and 4 STRENGTH FIERCE talismans. I wouldnt recomend to go full red talismans if you dont have a good team of support allies that can heal and protect him. If you want more ATK just change one HEALTH OVERWHELMING for one STRENGTH FIERCE.
    I usually dont care about M.RESIST stat in warrior type chars because i use 2 HEALTH OVERWHELMING talismans and gives them enough health, and i have healers in my team. Your choice bro.

RUN TO THE HILLS EDDIE: Pretty much the same as regular Eddie applies here.

SAMURAI EDDIE: 3 mandatory red spots. Here is one of the cases of a warrior that can go full red, the type of skills he has need all the max ATK you can give to him. He has high DEF so in this case the best talismans are the GUARDIAN FIERCE that will give bonus from the high DEF STAT. If you use 6 talismans you get 3 bonuses for paired talismans. Remember that going full red need a good healling support team or he will die easily. If you want more health just change GUARDIAN FIERCE for HEALTH OVERWHELMING, one or two if you want the health bonus.

WARRIOR TYPE CHARS:

I almost always go with the same build with warrior chars but of course there are some exceptions that will be posted here. The regular easy warrior build is 2 HEALTH OVERWHELMING talismans and 4 STRENGTH FIERCE. If you want more ATK just change 1 HEALTH OVERWHELMING for another one STRENGTH FIERCE.
    Chars that go well with this kind of talisman build:

ROCKET DOG
    THE NOMAD
    GOLDEN SON
    THE WICKER MAN: * User MuadDib-7367 points that you can use 2 STONE OVERWHELMING talimans as Wicker Man attack scales with DEF, but you decide if you prefer to lose 1283 points of HP and gain 85 points DEF.
    CHILDREN OF THE DAMNED
    HELLHOUND
    SOULLESS DEMON
    DEMON DOG
    PHARAOH SUN SPIRIT
    WICKERDOG KING
    POSSESSED ROCKETS
    DESERT WARRIOR

* EXCEPTIONS OF TALISMAN BUILD:

TROLL: 3 mandatory purple spots. Because of his true damage basic attack, i will use a 3 set purple talisman. I always recomend to use the ASSASSIN set but it is hard to find so in this case we can use the RESISTANCE set because of his high DEF and M.RESIST we will get good bonus. This char is basically a support char, and has an awesome power ability for this, so i would go with 2 HEALTH OVERWHELMING and 1 STRENGTH FIERCE to boost his attack a bit more.

PYRO SOLDIER: 2 mandatory green and 1 red spots. This char, as the same as Troll, deals true damage insted of physical so for the mandatory spots 2 HEALTH OVERWHELMING and 1 STRENGTH FIERCE. For the other 3 spots you can go with ASSASSIN, RESISTANCE purple sets. As you can see, you can go with the standard warrior build that i posted above, again its your decision.

P.D: Constantly updating...
    Last edited by XcarecroW; 10-05-2016 at 09:43 AM.

MAGE:

EDDIES:

CARRIAGE RAIDER: 3 mandatory blue spots. This is a mage char so no doubt about the blue talismans. His M.RESIST basic stat is high so no need to boost it a lot, but his DEF basic stat is low so it needs more DEF to survive against the big ATK hits. For him i would go 1 HEALTH WARD talisman for giving him a bit more health and a bit more M.RESIST and 5 HOLY talisman the POWER ones that will boost his DEF so he will have almost the same DEF and M.RESIST. If you want to go full blue for max MAGIC go 5 HOLY POWER and one HOLY ARCANE, and if you feel that you want more health, go with 2 HEALTH WARD so you will get the bonus for health paired talismans and 4 HOLY POWER talisman.

SPEED OF LIGHT: 3 mandatory blue spots. Here pretty much like carriage rider eddie. He has low DEF and high M.RESIST. I would go 5 HOLY POWER talisman and one HEALTH WARD. If you want more survivability change one HOLY POWER for another HEALTH WARD or go full blue with 5 HOLY POWER and one HOLY ARCANE.

WICKER MAN EDDIE: 2 mandatory blue spots and 1 green. He has almost the same DEF as M.RESIST so here we can easy balance a bit more both stats. 1 HEALTH WARD for the Mandatory green spot, 2 HOLY ARCANE and 3 HOLY POWER, so we have 3 talismans that boost DEF and 3 talismans that boost M.RESIST. Once again if you want more health just change one HOLY ARCANE for another HEALTH WARD and get the bonus for the HEALTH paired talismans.

MAGE TYPE CHARS:

ALLIED SOLDIER: 2 mandatory blue and 1 green spots. As always with the mage chars i like to balance DEF and M.RESIST, so i have to boost the DEF because he has better M.RESIST than DEF. The build could go like this, 1 HEALTH WARD for the green spot and 2 HOLY POWER for the blues. For the 3 missing free spots you have 2 options: you can put 1 HEALTH WARD (and get the bonus por paired talismans) and 2 HOLY POWER, or you can just put a set of 3 FREEZING TALISMAN (2 POWER ONES AND 1 ARCANE) to get the bonus of the 3 piece set. Freezing talisman can be good because of his AOE attack.
    If you feel that he needs a bit more survivability just go with the first option.
    Last edited by XcarecroW; 10-05-2016 at 08:53 AM.

SENTINEL:

EDDIES:

MUMMY EDDIE: 2 mandatory green spots and 1 blue. This is a sentinel char and his skills all scale with max HP. I would go one HOLY talisman the ARCANE one to boost a bit his M.RESIST and 5 HEALTH OVERWHELMING for the rest. Here is where i see one of the few times to use a HOLY SORCERY talisman in the blue spot so you can boost DEF and M.RESIST but i am not a fan of this kind of talisman and if you level up an ARCANE one you can use it for other char. Again it is your choice .

PHARAOH EDDIE: 2 mandatory greens and 1 blue. The skills scale with max HP and DEF so 5 HEALTH OVERWHELMING and 1 HOLY POWER for even more DEF boost, or 1 HOLY ARCANE for a bit more M.RESIST boost. Again the same as Mummy Eddie you can use a HOLY SORCERY talisman for a bit more of M.RESIST and DEF but if you level up a HOLY POWER or a HOLY ARCANE, you can use them for other chars.

* User Vaseodin proposed 2 more options for Pharaoh Eddie:

1. Ascension Talisman (overwhelming): If you would like your only AOE attack and your heal to get a bit of a boost, go with these. His AOE attack and his heal both work off his magic stat, which is not ideal, but it is what it is and we have to work with what we've got. With Ascension (overwhelming) you can get a health boost (vs non-overwhelming) and also boost your magic (by 1% of health, which means a boost of over 100 points per set).

2. Stone Talisman (overwhelming): These boost your defense by 1% of HP (so over 100 points per set). I would pick this if you want to do more damage with most of your attacks. Pharaoh does decent damage for a sentinel character, but most of his attacks are single target. Boosting his defense you can help your survivability against red characters and also boost his damage output (as his damage scales with both HP and defense). This is the ideal set, if you ask me.

VISIONS EDDIE: 2 mandatory green spots and 1 blue. His skills scale with max HP and MAGIC so i would go with 4 HEALTH talismans and 2 MAGIC talisman. In this case this char has a lot of M.RESIST so it is perfect for the PALADIN talismans that get bonus from M.RESIST. 1 PALADIN ARCANE for the mandatory blue spot and another PALADIN ARCANE in the free spot to get the bonus. For the rest 2 HEALTH OVERWHELMING in the mandatoy green spots and 2 more HEALTH OVERWHELMING in the other 2 free spots. No much changes here, maybe one HEALTH WARD instead of one PALADIN ARCANE, but you lose the bonus and not a big change at all.

SENTINEL TYPE CHARS:

SOULLES DEMON: Easy peasy lemon squeezy with him, 3 mandatory green spots. As his damage scales with his HP, no brainer of not going full green. I recomend using 6 HEALTH OVERWHELMING to get the HP bonus of all sets, but if you want to try you can go with status sets like 1 PARALYSIS OVERWHELMING set and 1 BLIND OVERWHELMING set. I dont recomend these sets because of the small success chance, but it is another option. Of course you can go full PARALYSIS or full whatever green you like. Another good option is the STONE OVERWHELMING set that will increase the DEF.

DOG OF WAR
    ALLIED BOMBER BOY
    ALLIANCE GENERAL
    GOLDEN SON
    ANGEL OF STRIFE
    ALLIED SOLDIER
    PYRO SOLDIER
    ROCK GOLEM
    UNDEAD ALLIED SOLDIER
    OX CULTIST
    Last edited by XcarecroW; 09-25-2016 at 02:43 PM.

GUNNER/ASSASSIN:

GUNNER EDDIES:

SOLDIER EDDIE: 2 mandatory red spots and one yellow. His fury scales with his SPECIAL and ATK. So the easy build would be 2 yellow talisman for the bonus, the M.RESIST and SPECIAL stats are almost the same so the yellow talisman can be or WARP or BOOST the WILL ones. For the other spots i would go 3 STRENGTH FIERCE and one HEALTH OVERWHELMING or 2 HEALTH OVERWHELMING and 2 STRENGTH FIERCE. The health ones will give him more survivability but if you want more ATK just go 4 STRENGTH FIERCE. Here is where you have to decide. Another option is going with 4 BOOST WILL talisman and 2 STRENGH FIERCE.
    You can use STRENGTH FIERCE for the attack bonus or PIERCE FIERCE for the chance of ignore DEF.

CYBORG EDDIE: 2 mandatory yellow and 1 red spots. The easy way to go with him is 2 yellow BOOST WILL talisman and 4 STRENGTH FIERCE. His skills scale with ATK but the tricky part is that his fury and other skills deal true damage. True damage isu a combination of ATK and MAGIC damage so maybe is better to boost a bit the MAGIC. Here is where you chose to change 1 STRENGH FIERCE for 1 HEALTH OVERWHELMING for more life and change the 2 yellow BOOST WILL for 2 BOOST BULWARK that will boost MAGIC instead of ATK, or you can just use 1 of each yellow to keep the ATK high.
    As you see Cyborg can use diferent build talismans, i dont have it so i cant test if it is worth to balance MAGIC and ATK or go full ATK.

* User Aristo4 has Cyborg Eddie and confirms that the easy way is the best for cyborg: 2 BOOST WILL and 4 STRENGH FIERCE.

TAILGUNNER EDDIE: 1 mandatory yellow, 1 red and 1 green spots. 1 HEALTH OVERWHELMING for the mandatory green, 2 BOOST WILL for the bonus and 3 STRENGHT FIERCE. if you want the health bonus just change 1 STRENGTH FIERCE for another HEALTH OVERWHELMING. Another option would be 4 BOOST WILL, 1 STRENGTH FIERCE and 1 HEALTH OVERWHELMING, but u will lose much ATK if you go so yellow.

ACES HIGH EDDIE: 2 mandatory yellow and 1 red spots. His skills scale with ATK and SPECIAL and HEAL uses MAGIC, but his basic MAGIC stat is high enough to not worry about it. The easy way to go is 2 yellow BOOST WILL talisman, 1 HEALTH OVERWHELMING and 3 STRENGTH FIERCE (change 1 STRENGTH FIERCE for 1 HEALTH OVERWHELMING if you want more HP and the bonus for paired talismans).This char is a good for tweaking because his skills scale with SPECIAL you can go with 4 BOOST WILL and 2 STRENGTH FIERCE as well, or if you want to boost the SPECIAL even more you can go with a set of 3 THIEF WILL talisman and 3 STRENGTH FIERCE ( change 1 STRENGTH FIERCE for 1 HEALTH OVERWHELMING if you want more HP) but you will lose some DEF. As you see this char has many options, but his attacks are basically single target.

GUNNER TYPE CHARS:

ASSASSIN EDDIES:

RAINMAKER EDDIE: 3 mandatory purple spots. Nothing much to say, majority of single target skills, physical and true damage that scale with ATK. The best set of purple talismans you can use is the ASSASSIN talisman but is one of the hardest to find ingame. If you have it then go with 3 ASSASSIN talisman (BARRIER OR SHIELD, one boost DEF and the other M.RESIST) if you don't have it go with 3 RESISTANCE, VOID, VAMPIRIC or whatever you have it. As his basic attack scales with ATK use 2 STRENGTH FIERCE and 1 HEALTH OVERWHELMING or 2 HEALTH OVERWHELMING for more HP and HP bonus of paired talismans and 1 STRENGTH FIERCE.
    I dont have this char so i cant test more options for him, maybe if you want to go extreme go all 6 spots with purple talismans and be sure to have a team that can support with heals and buffs.

VAMPIRE HUNTER EDDIE: 3 mandatory purple spots. You can use the same build as Rainmaker Eddie, but in this case a good 3 purple set to use is the RESISTANCE one because of his high DEF and M.RESIST he can get a good talisman bonus.

ASSASSIN TYPE CHARS:

SOULLESS DEMON: 2 mandatory blue and 1 purple spots. Another not understandable dev decision to put a useless purple mandatory spot in a char that doesnt do true damage. He has magic damage so i would go with 4 HOLY TALISMAN (3 POWER ones and 1 ARCANE), 1 HEALTH WARD and 1 VOID, RESILIENCE, RESISTANCE, whatever purple talisman in its SHIELD variation that you have. I know that with this build you lose 2 bonus for paired talismans, but it is because of that wrong purple mandatory spot. If you dont want to lose 1 bonus then go with this: 2 HOLY ARCANE, 1 HEALTH WARD and a set of 3 RESILIENCE SHIELD, but you will lose magic damage with this build. Another risky option is going with no HEALTH talisman at all and would be 1 VOID, RESILIENCE, RESISTANCE, whatever purple talisman in its SHIELD variation, 2 HOLY and a set of 3 FREEZING talisman (freezing can be good because his AOE attack). Be sure that the combination of the blue talismans is a 3 of ARCANE type and 2 of POWER type, so the DEF and M.RESIST will be well balalnced.
    Last edited by XcarecroW; 10-05-2016 at 09:35 AM.

OS
    Android
    a great idea for a thread, and good suggestions!

i have two considerations.

1. i really try to get every bonus that is possible. let's take soldier eddie, if you want to push his health, which is very important during autofarming, maybe it would be better to go for two overhelming talismans to grab the additional bonus.
    this applys to other characters too, but it's hard to give a mandatory advice, since it's very individual, how you want to construct your team.

2. i'm also not sure about the defence boost for mages. since they have got a class advantage over warriors, which mainly deal physical damage, i could be better to ignore the defence stat and focus on mag.resist. the gunner chars are left,
    which can hurt you badly, but many of them also deal true damage, which ignores every stat. that's why the mages won't have too many enemies, which will attack them and deal big damage. when you boost their health you should be good prepaired.

But as you stated it's a personal choice :-)

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by slauki View Post
    a great idea for a thread, and good suggestions!

i have two considerations.

1. i really try to get every bonus that is possible. let's take soldier eddie, if you want to push his health, which is very important during autofarming, maybe it would be better to go for two overhelming talismans to grab the additional bonus.
    this applys to other characters too, but it's hard to give a mandatory advice, since it's very individual, how you want to construct your team.

2. i'm also not sure about the defence boost for mages. since they have got a class advantage over warriors, which mainly deal physical damage, i could be better to ignore the defence stat and focus on mag.resist. the gunner chars are left,
    which can hurt you badly, but many of them also deal true damage, which ignores every stat. that's why the mages won't have too many enemies, which will attack them and deal big damage. when you boost their health you should be good prepaired.

But as you stated it's a personal choice :-)
    Think about the upcoming PVP and that the most common chars used are warriors almost full ATK damage. I think its better to boost the DEF of mages anyway, but as i say in the main post in the end you take your decision, but i like to balance the stats as much as posible, and in many cases the health bonus is just 1000 points more or less.
    The post is the easy build way or a start to tweak yourself .

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by XcarecroW View Post
    Think about the upcoming PVP and that the most common chars used are warriors almost full ATK damage. I think its better to boost the DEF of mages anyway, but as i say in the main post in the end you take your decision, but i like to balance the stats as much as posible, and in many cases the health bonus is just 1000 points more or less.
    The post is the easy build way or a start to tweak yourself .
    yeah, that's a really good point, when a samurai eddie hits your CR eddie without any defence the war will be over pretty soon, but i guess even with the defence he will be smashed :-D i'm not sure if pvp will work, cannot imagine it at the moment.

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

Yeah at this moment we dont know anything, and we dont know if the nerf bat will touch talismans and chars stats haha.

Excellent thread!

I would fix your Pharaoh Eddie talisman recommendations. Health (overwhelming), although decent, do not benefit this character the most. I recommend (for your green talismans) a set of either:

1. Ascension Talisman (overwhelming): If you would like your only AOE attack and your heal to get a bit of a boost, go with these . His AOE attack and his heal both work off his magic stat, which is not ideal, but it is what it is and we have to work with what we've got. With Ascension (overwhelming) you can get a health boost (vs non-overwhelming) and also boost your magic (by 1% of health, which means a boost of over 100 points per set).

2. Stone Talisman (overwhelming): These boost your defense by 1% of HP (so over 100 points per set). I would pick this if you want to do more damage with most of your attacks. Pharaoh does decent damage for a sentinel character, but most of his attacks are single target. Boosting his defense you can help your survivability against red characters and also boost his damage output (as his damage scales with both HP and defense). This is the ideal set, if you ask me.

The health (overwhelming) are a valid choice, but by boosting his DEF with stone talismans you kick up his damage by a bit more and you also keep a high survivability against his weakness (red characters).
    Last edited by Vaseodin; 09-25-2016 at 12:59 AM.