Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

An Interesting Observation...

Not sure if coincidence or there is an increased chance for getting the rare character that you desire..but I've gotten these from Rare Soul:

Corrupt Commander on Magus Lord Of Light Day
    Gunner Golden Son on Gunner Lord Of Light Day
    Assassin Golden Son on Assassin Lord of Light Day
    Warrior Bomber Boy on Warrior Lord Of Light Day
    Assassin Undead Axis Soldier on Assassin Lord of Light Day

Anyone with similar observation?

Senior Member The Educated fool's Avatar
    OS
    Android
    Huh... that is indeed interesting.
    EducatedFool-1193

MOFO 4 LIFE!

You know it's not only madmen who listen to Fools

OS
    iOS
    Nada. A lot of crap in the last month. Picked up a troll and regular wicker man at random but that's it. :/
    I'm banking my souls now because they aren't dropping anything. I can't even get a wicker dog king in a few hundred tries.
    Drew-1616
    16 5 star characters level 100, 51 max talismans. Mostly Red builds.
    I rotate between the red bat, hellhound, samurai, soldier, purple harpy, and Carriage Rider. Looking for active troopers with Eddie champion, or max talisman ally.

OS
    iOS
    Only shitty 3* charachters, not one gunner or assasin. Just the same ones i get from normal souls....

umm...I used rare assassin gunner soul to get those on gunner or assassin day...

I'm not saying that there is a higher chance to obtain rare characters on that particular corresponding event but I'm saying there might be an increased chance of getting that particular class, with the right Rare Soul.
    Last edited by Kaijester; 09-28-2016 at 07:25 AM.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaijester View Post
    umm...I used rare assassin gunner soul to get those on gunner or assassin day...

I'm not saying that there is a higher chance to obtain rare characters on that particular corresponding event but I'm saying there might be an increased chance of getting that particular class, with the right Rare Soul.
    since the time rifts were introduced in hurry i doubt, that they took the time to implement different dropchances for the souls. i would guess, that the rare souls there are equal to any other rare soul and you got extremly lucky :-)...but it's a pure guess

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    Android
    Not sure if coincidence or there is an increased chance for getting the rare character that you desire..but I've gotten these from Rare Soul:

Corrupt Commander on Magus Lord Of Light Day
    Gunner Golden Son on Gunner Lord Of Light Day
    Assassin Golden Son on Assassin Lord of Light Day
    Warrior Bomber Boy on Warrior Lord Of Light Day
    Assassin Undead Axis Soldier on Assassin Lord of Light Day

Anyone with similar observation?
    That would require that the rare soul remember where it came from OR that what it will produce is already decided at the instant it is generated (conceived).

IF what you're saying is not coincidence, the latter could be the case, (the former would be an odd added complication in coding) that it isn't like some sort of random roll is done when the soul is cashed in, it's already rolled when the soul is won.

IF this is the case, then the fact that I've observed, that if a soul is redeemed, it'll keep delivering the same character, over and over, even if a crash immediately happens afterwards each time that specific soul is redeemed (and it holds true for multiple devices, they all 'know' what character the soul is to be).

So, from that assumption, it follows that every soul that's currently in inventory is already destined to be some particular character and that changes in what sorts of characters are more likely to pop up in the future won't effect those souls saved up.

(i'm just speculating of course, pulling that out of my hind end)

Ummm previously it has been stated by Devs that characters are assigned upon the usage of the rare soul, pegged to your account so even force closing the game will yield the same character.

This was answered by the previous Matt_LOTB in my August Q&A but somehow the thread was deleted.
    Last edited by Kaijester; 09-28-2016 at 08:18 AM.

OS
    Android
    Ummm previously it has been stated by Devs that characters are assigned upon the usage of the rare soul, pegged to your account so even force closing the game will yield the same character.
    Then my more complicated theory would be more likely to support your observation here....a theory that the soul 'remembers' where it came from.

(again, it's all just my speculations to support your own observations...i can't know without seeing the code regarding this)

Wanted Carriage Eddie and it's Magus event today..So I spent 4 rare souls and gotten a Sentinel Pyro Soldier, Sentinel Undead Ally Soldier, Magus Harpy, Warrior Harpy.

Meh, prob coincidence...myth debunked.