View Poll Results: Should stacks of runes/shards be fixed so that they are no longer limited to 99?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would like to see this fixed sooner rather than later.

7 38.89%
  • I agree this should be fixed, but it's not a top priority right now.

10 55.56%
  • I don't think this should be fixed - it currently adds value to the gameplay experience.

1 5.56%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS
    iOS

Why can't LotB count higher than 99?

Allow me to go on a little rant here...

Let me rephrase that, I have a little suggestion for the devs for something that might need fixin'.

Okay, This is the 21st century, and I'm pretty sure that computers (including handheld devices) can count higher than 99 without exploding. So why is it that this game cannot keep a stack of anything (souls, runes, shards, etc) larger than 99? More importantly, why is there even a limit on the number of materials/artifacts that we can collect (ie: you can only have so many stacks of shards/runes and when you exceed that number, you have to start selling/using them). I can understand limiting the number of characters and talismans that we can have... and giving us the ability to buy more slots... but we cannot buy more slots of shards or runes - and I cannot understand how it would affect the game in any useful way to limit the materials. It seems a lot like the year 2000 bug - where the devs didn't expect players to collect that many materials, so they only allowed for the number to reach 99 - and then they only allowed for a limited number of stacks of 99. The reason I find this particularly annoying is because it is a dreadful chore when we get that message telling us:

"You are 1 RUNES/SHARDS/TALISMANS over your Inventory limit and cannot do
    Quests. Go to My Team to manage Inventory?"

This isn't part of the intended gameplay I'm sure, and it is painfully tedious. It just breaks your momentum. Especially when it tells you that you "you are 1 RUNE(s) over your inventory limit" but what it really means is "You have too many stacks of runes". That is not self explanatory, and when I first came across this, I thought my game was broken. I kept selling stuff in small amounts (usually I would take about 5 items off of a stack of 99) and it wasn't making that popup message go away! VERY frustrating. I would even be happier if there was a cap on the number of materials we could have, and any more of that material would simply not go into our inventory (wasting them). At least it would save me the chore of having to micro-manage a very poorly designed inventory user interface to try and figure out what stack I should sell to make that message go away. This current process is the opposite of fun, and aren't games supposed to be fun?

What are your thoughts on this? I've started a vote (petition) to see if we bring some attention to this issue. I know it's not considered a top priority at this point, but it doesn't seem like it would be that hard to implement and it would streamline things by removing this repeating nag.
    OpticSugar-0227
    the return of Muffin! lvl 100 red warrior Troll

"Goin' all the way, I'm nature's beast;
    Do what I want and do as I please"

OS
    iOS
    I would love the removal of the limit on materials that I have farmed for. It allows me to save items to use when I want too not because I'm running out of space. Selling materials for gold make me feel like I have just wasted all that they me playing the game.
    Eagleknight-9103

I'm Back.

OS
    Android
    To add to the frustration. If you are at the max slots used, you can not buy a skill shard or use trooper points to buy a soul. Took me a half a day to figure that out.
    Thursty-1116

Is really annoying, but not to commit suicide, no, not yet...

OS
    Android
    It would make sense and to me it would seem an easy fix, I have suggested it to Sparton_LOTB HERE

Quote Originally Posted by AmBush-UK View Post
    Is Changing the Stack Total from 99 to 999 not an easy solution?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparton_LOTB View Post
    Sadly, no. Even then, that change would at best make it slightly more rare, but I've personally reproduced the bug with not having max-sized stacks, so it may not even reduce the amount of people hitting the problem by much.
    February 2nd 2017 Update was a COMPLETE CLUSTERFUCK ! and the final nail in the coffin
    http://www.thewalkingdeadnomansland.com/
    Zombie Stompers
    Kill all Walkers and anyone who gets in your way!
    Kill 'Em All
    UK Based Walker killers

How many walkers have you killed?
    How many people have you killed?
    Why?
    150 * MINIMUM

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Shifter View Post
    To add to the frustration. If you are at the max slots used, you can not buy a skill shard or use trooper points to buy a soul. Took me a half a day to figure that out.
    HAHA the exact same thing happened to me this week. But I am slower, it took me more than half a day to figure it out...

Also, I am torn on which way to vote for the poll. I think it is a priority that should be fixed ASAP, but not a greater priority than fixing the numerous log in issues folks are STILL experiencing.
    Bryan-3528

"Was many years ago that I left home and came this way, I was a young man, full of hopes and dreams"

OS
    iOS
    I know there is a thread about 'Old school games', and people has participated in that thread sharing experiences. Now i request someone to create another thread to share experience about which game is that! where you've spend more time reporting issues than playing the game.They just as well put all of us into their payroll for being the tester.

i would also like to request OP to explain the 3rd choice of this Poll.
    i wouldn't mind an explanation who voted for that choice.

I'd like to think that when I die
    I'd get a chance another time
    And to return and live again
    Reincarnate, play the game
    Again and again and again.

Please remove image/Video when you quote a message,easier to browse the thread,(faster browsing/saves mobile data)

OS
    iOS
    This might fix itself once the evo rune supply situation improves and sacrifice gives us some incentive to boost secondary characters. For the moment I am using spare shards to level /evolve dross that I don't plan to use but might be able to sacrifice at some point. <insert evil laugh here>

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan-3528 View Post
    HAHA the exact same thing happened to me this week. But I am slower, it took me more than half a day to figure it out...

Also, I am torn on which way to vote for the poll. I think it is a priority that should be fixed ASAP, but not a greater priority than fixing the numerous log in issues folks are STILL experiencing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shifter View Post
    Can you guys elaborate a little more about this? I been having this issue about not being able to buy anything in the trooper store. How do you solve this?

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by zamasu View Post
    Can you guys elaborate a little more about this? I been having this issue about not being able to buy anything in the trooper store. How do you solve this?
    You need to sell stuff in your inventory. For me I had to sell stuff in the evolution shards section.
    Bryan-3528

"Was many years ago that I left home and came this way, I was a young man, full of hopes and dreams"