Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaseodin View Post
    When a very large number of players are frustrated it means there is a problem. Just because some of you got lucky and got things you needed doesn't make it acceptable. I know talismans and troopers help, but when 90% of the player base is stuck and he to grind for weeks it makes the game a chore and not fun. Auto play should be a choice, not a requirement to advance. After all, you want to play the game, not let the game play itself most of the time. 3 hours on auto play and 10 minutes of actual play = not fun.
    Oh no, you got my point wrong. I wasn't lucky. I grinded the hell out of the first mission in Underworld.

What I was trying to say is, don't waste your resources on characters or talismans that you wont be using anytime soon. Try different comps in lower levels to see wich one you like the most and then dump all your resources there.

I will say this again, I NEVER pulled a 4* character from crystals besides one that I already had. So the "you need 4* to get other characters to 4*" is not a valid point.

If you don't want to grind in games then unfortunately freemium games are not for you. You can spend money and cut the grinding curve or you can grind like a normal person. BUT, if you decide to spend money, keep in mind that the game may become too short and it won't be fun. I'm actually glad that I did not pull any OP characters before hand, because the game, for me, would be dead by now.
    Last edited by Gonzo; 07-19-2016 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Typos

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post

If you don't want to grind in games the unfortunately freemium games are not for you. You can spend money and cut the grinding curve or you can grind like a normal person. BUT, if you decide to spend money, keep in mind that the game mey become too short and it won't be fun. I'm actually glad that I did not pull any OP characters before hand, because the game, for me, would be dead by now.
    I was just thinking this same thing. Some are grind-ier than others, but all the successful ones boil down to what you said.

I used a 4* Trooper to get past the general, but I beat Beezelbub with all 3* units. Now on Underworld I can 4* finally. I was underpowered for the General, I do believe that I could beat him now. It really is just about putting in the time (or getting lucky).

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Oh no, you got my point wrong. I wasn't lucky. I grinded the hell out of the first mission in Underworld.

What I was trying to say is, don't waste your resources on characters or talismans that you wont be using anytime soon. Try different comps in lower levels to see wich one you like the most and then dump all your resources there.

I will say this again, I NEVER pulled a 4* character from crystals besides one that I already had. So the "you need 4* to get other characters to 4*" is not a valid point.

If you don't want to grind in games then unfortunately freemium games are not for you. You can spend money and cut the grinding curve or you can grind like a normal person. BUT, if you decide to spend money, keep in mind that the game may become too short and it won't be fun. I'm actually glad that I did not pull any OP characters before hand, because the game, for me, would be dead by now.
    I think you misunderstood MY point. I never said I didn't get through the missions. I was able to grind and advance. I understand very well how Freemium works. Every other game I've played requires some grinding but NONE are as frustrating as this game was in the first 2 weeks of release. I repeat: The freemium model has nothing to do with my criticism. The devs didn't design the character advancement system properly. In fact, every review I've read talks about the insane difficulty spike that occurs in the middle of Battlefield. This is no coincidence nor is it a cry from only impatient players complaining unfairly.

What I mentioned earlier still stands: when 90% of your player base is extremely frustrated with the advancement system, there is a problem. The freemium business model would allow a pay option to advance further at the point where players are stuck. Unfortunately this game did not offer that initially. This makes it clear that it has nothing to do with the freemium business model and more with poor design.

Disagree if you like, but if you still disagree ask yourself this: if this is a "typical freemium business and most players just don't get it" then why was there no "pay" option to advance at the spot where players were stuck? The answer should be a no-brainer. Any smart business person would have that ready to roll as the solution. With today's update they have addressed the issue, but it took an emergency update (2 weeks in) and increased drop rates in addition to the pay option to resolve it (this screams of fear of losing a huge base of players who downloaded the game on day 1, which may have happened already). Again, you can sit back and claim that people don't understand the freemium model, but take a peek at the other successful freemium games out there and ask yourself why they are successful.

Hopefully the devs listening to players and patching up the game so quickly prevented a large number of detractors, but it is clear that the "pay for shards" option was not their intention initially. I'm glad they listen to the players and that fact alone may save this game. Unfortunately, I know a lot of players lost interest due to the insane "shard-gate" and won't be coming back.