Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Kinda disappointed at the game. (droprate/things to do mainly)

Playing on 2 accounts and cant get any 4 or 5 stars.

one account is lvl24 with 21 three stars, got 31 2star souls not worth opening it feels like.
    account 2 is lvl31 with 24 three stars, 57 2star souls.

Is it worth opening those 2star souls? Feels like i need 4star+ to clear tougher missions. Think its strange that not one of my accounts have acquired a single 4star or above char yet.

I like the game but not much to do in it then repeat a fast mission to get xp for none lvl60.

Game definitely needs more modes and things to do, but they are working on it.

In terms of getting 4-stars, your best bet is to get good troopers and earn lots of Trooper Badges and get he 5 free rare souls in the shop each week. That's where I got most of my good allies.

Your 2 star souls sometimes give you 3 star characters. I would open them anyway,.

I do really agree about the extreme difficulty in obtaining 4-5 star characters or talismans. The materials required to upgrade a 3 star character or talisman to 4 star appear to either not drop in any location reachable with a 3 star setup, or drop at such a hilariously low rate that after 4 days of grinding world 1 madness, world 2 hard, and world 3 I have received 0 materials required to upgrade 3 star to 4 star, with a single item as part of the upgrade process (requiring 9 near impossible to get items total to complete a single upgrade) having been found from a secret location.

This means that I can grind endlessly and still take 2-3 months to progress in the game, because I cant actually improve my characters at all with what I am able to grind. The only progression I get is once a day I use a person's level 100 5 star dude that can hit every enemy at once to steamroll a single level I haven't previously beaten.

That isn't how things should work, if I have maxed out my current team based on materials I can gather, I should be able to use that team to reach an area where I can grind materials that will allow further progression.

Please, I beg you devs, remove this brick wall, it's ridiculous and appears to rely on the very low chance (~5%) of getting 4-5 star characters from rare souls to move any farther in your game. I shouldn't hit a wall like this 3-4 days into playing, but I have, and I imagine many others have as well.

It's a huge problem, and I'm sure the devs are working tirelessly on this. A game that gets tiresome after 3 days won't last long, even with Iron Maiden fans as a large base of players, so it's in their best interest to get this fixed ASAP. But it's worse than you think. I've played all the levels you mentioned and have played the first couple of levels in underworld ALL DAY (over 40-50 runs total) and still haven't got the 1 green 2-star evolution shard I need for my eddie to evolve. The drop rate is beyond ridiculous, and I feel it's below 1% even at Underworld stages 1-3!

OS
    Android
    Agree, the materials required for evolution are simply not there. This could be fixed with a simple update, let's hope developers do this

Just wanted to clarify something for you guys.

This is the era of freemium gaming. The developer's intent is to make a profit when they made this game. These days instead of buying a game up front at a one time fee, you make in game purchases.

How does this relate to us? You want 4 and 5 star characters the easy way? Shell out the cash. You want to do it the free way? It's a loooooong grind. You'll always be 2-10 steps behind everyone else.

Just to clarify this "it's wrong" and "unfair".

And there's still a ton of content to be released.

And I'm not disputing there could be some drop adjustments.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistikman-3331 View Post
    I do really agree about the extreme difficulty in obtaining 4-5 star characters or talismans. The materials required to upgrade a 3 star character or talisman to 4 star appear to either not drop in any location reachable with a 3 star setup, or drop at such a hilariously low rate that after 4 days of grinding world 1 madness, world 2 hard, and world 3 I have received 0 materials required to upgrade 3 star to 4 star, with a single item as part of the upgrade process (requiring 9 near impossible to get items total to complete a single upgrade) having been found from a secret location.

This means that I can grind endlessly and still take 2-3 months to progress in the game, because I cant actually improve my characters at all with what I am able to grind. The only progression I get is once a day I use a person's level 100 5 star dude that can hit every enemy at once to steamroll a single level I haven't previously beaten.

That isn't how things should work, if I have maxed out my current team based on materials I can gather, I should be able to use that team to reach an area where I can grind materials that will allow further progression.

Please, I beg you devs, remove this brick wall, it's ridiculous and appears to rely on the very low chance (~5%) of getting 4-5 star characters from rare souls to move any farther in your game. I shouldn't hit a wall like this 3-4 days into playing, but I have, and I imagine many others have as well.
    This game mechanic is just a typical freemium greedy vicious circle.
    As the game is new the devs are simply trying to force you to give in to frustration by spending money on draws to try to get 4*-5* characters to be able to survive in the areas that actually give the needed evolve mats to make characters that can survive there in the first place.
    Making the drop rate of those 2* evo mats so ridiculously low is designed to just add to the difficulty frustration.

Quote Originally Posted by Sting313 View Post
    Just wanted to clarify something for you guys.

This is the era of freemium gaming. The developer's intent is to make a profit when they made this game. These days instead of buying a game up front at a one time fee, you make in game purchases.

How does this relate to us? You want 4 and 5 star characters the easy way? Shell out the cash. You want to do it the free way? It's a loooooong grind. You'll always be 2-10 steps behind everyone else.

Just to clarify this "it's wrong" and "unfair".

And there's still a ton of content to be released.
    We are all familiar with how freemium gaming works, and I personally have no problem with it. I've spent money on the game. Spending money doesn't help. If they let you buy upgrade materials, then I'd agree they are trying to force you to spend money. They are not. This is simply a case of poor design, nothing more. Greediness, "Normal Freemium practices", etc have nothing to do with this issue.

The reason your comment doesn't apply is this: You can spend money to buy gold which doesn't allow you to advance your character. Plus gold is easy to get. You can spend money to get sands of time refills. Again, that won't help you advance. You can spend money to buy regular souls, with a chance for a "rare" soul (which usually is a 3 star character). Again, that won't help you advance, since you need a 4 star character and above to advance beyond the point everyone is stuck at. That's it. That's all you can spend money on.

If you want gunner/assassin souls (the better 3 star characters in general), you CAN'T SPEND MONEY TO GET THEM. You HAVE to use trooper badges, which you can ONLY attain by playing the game (free). If you want skill shards (again, something that CAN help you a bit on advancing), you CAN'T SPEND MONEY TO GET THEM. You have to play the game or use trooper badges. See above.

So greediness or the freemium business model have NOTHING to do with it. It is a problem the devs didn't realize would be so prevalent. They miscalculated the sweet spot for essential item drop rates. period.