Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Prisoner

The Prisoner

Hey, sorry, I glanced over the last couple of pages so I don't know if it's been written about, but what is the best Talisman set-up for him? Right now I'm running 2 Rush Bullwark, Paladin Arcane and Sorcery, and 2 Guardian Skilled.

OS
    iOS
    I don't know about best, but mine is equipped with 2 Warp Bulwarks, 2 Paladin Powers, and 2 Strength Fierces. He seems to do ok. About 19700 hp, with a decent hit from either attack.

I've been thinking that he might do well with a set of Thief talismans, but struggling to get a good set.

Since the update, I've struggled even worse, with the loss of the two red talismans. Because suddenly his Vengeance is strong, but Chain is a bit below. I've just settled on 2 Bulwark and 1 Will Invisibility, as well as 2 Barrier and 1 Shield Void. Now I need to know where to farm power up runes.

OS
    iOS
    I got a prisoner to drop for me Sat. Looking to optimum tailsman setup and would love to hear anyone who has exp. with the Prisoners thoughts on this.

Senior Member The Educated fool's Avatar
    OS
    Android
    As with most characters, an ideal build for Prisoner depends what you want to do with him, I'd say. If he's not going to the Arena, I like Invisibility Bullwark and Death (whichever) for him, personally. If he's Arena-bound, as mine perpetually is, then I go with Immunity, Shell, random yellow, random purple. I miss the Death's sometimes (for the sake of giving him a way to affect all enemies), and he definitely gives up some damage with this build, but it's worked well to keep him alive and stunning.

My two cents.
    EducatedFool-1193

MOFO 4 LIFE!

You know it's not only madmen who listen to Fools

OS
    Android
    The Prisoner requires a pretty unique combination of stats. His basic attack "Vengeance" does true damage, but scales with Magic and Special, while his power ability "Chain" is physical damage which scales with Attack. So he needs all 3 of these stats for both his attacks to be strong. But he doesn't necessarily need high damage for Chain. Vengeance is really his strongest attack due to true damage, so I only use Chain when I really need to block a particular ability of the enemy. The great thing about his 2 skills is that Chain also seals himself, while Vengeace transfers all debuffs to the enemy. So you can seal 2 enemies consecutively.

Personally I would prefer to neglect his ATK and just rely on Vengeance for his damage output. So ideally, I would have 4 Boost talismans (whichever type has the magic stat) and 2 Paladin talismans (since his base MR is higher than his base Magic); this should give him the highest possible combination of Magic and Special. Unfortunately, I just don't have the evo runes necessary. So for now, I'm running him with an Invisibility set and a Void set, which results in both attacks being fairly powerful, while the invisibility and void shielding helping to keep him alive.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by HeadOnFire View Post
    The Prisoner requires a pretty unique combination of stats. His basic attack "Vengeance" does true damage, but scales with Magic and Special, while his power ability "Chain" is physical damage which scales with Attack. So he needs all 3 of these stats for both his attacks to be strong. But he doesn't necessarily need high damage for Chain. Vengeance is really his strongest attack due to true damage, so I only use Chain when I really need to block a particular ability of the enemy. The great thing about his 2 skills is that Chain also seals himself, while Vengeace transfers all debuffs to the enemy. So you can seal 2 enemies consecutively.

Personally I would prefer to neglect his ATK and just rely on Vengeance for his damage output. So ideally, I would have 4 Boost talismans (whichever type has the magic stat) and 2 Paladin talismans (since his base MR is higher than his base Magic); this should give him the highest possible combination of Magic and Special. Unfortunately, I just don't have the evo runes necessary. So for now, I'm running him with an Invisibility set and a Void set, which results in both attacks being fairly powerful, while the invisibility and void shielding helping to keep him alive.
    Nice analysis, but i have to add something about Paladin Talismans.
    I did a test after reading this, it seems like Paladin give less damage on basic vs 2 single Assassin talismans. (Around 1 k+ less)

I run him with 1 x Boost (Ward) + 1 x Ascension (Ward) + 2 x Single Assassin Talisman (set is not complete, requires 3)
    He is doing 10934 against an Assassin character with my build.

Since basic is True damage, scaling is more dependent on that as it seems.
    "Into the Abyss I'll fall - the eye of Horus - Into the eyes of the night, watching me go..
    Green is the cat's eye that glows, in this temple.. Enter the risen Osiris! Risen again!"

Lyrics: Iron Maiden - Powerslave

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by osiris0000 View Post
    Nice analysis, but i have to add something about Paladin Talismans.
    I did a test after reading this, it seems like Paladin give less damage on basic vs 2 single Assassin talismans. (Around 1 k+ less)
    Good point, I didn't think to compare the 2. I guess I'll be keeping my current build then! Or maybe switching the void set for an assassin set when I have enough evolution material
    Last edited by HeadOnFire; 08-26-2017 at 04:31 AM.

OS
    Android
    Since this thread is so old and with all the new Talismans introduced in 2yrs,I would like to hear your new builds.
    I FINALLY pulled him a month ago from a Mythical Soul.

Thanks
    Kryton-2586

Up The IRONS

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by kryton View Post
    Since this thread is so old and with all the new Talismans introduced in 2yrs,I would like to hear your new builds.
    I FINALLY pulled him a month ago from a Mythical Soul.

Thanks
    Good old prisoner.

Well, if you are looking for damage, his basic is true damage scales with magic and special stat, power move is based on physical. So you should look for boosting those stats on talismans.

Popular builds are either primordial or radiant & some 2 set.

In general, best way to figure out a build for a char is to check skill and talisman descriptions, then choose the build based on both.