Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Possessed Mines and Possessed Rockets (oh my!)

Didn't see a thread for any of them, so decided to gather them all here for reference (in time for Halloween month too). These malevolent, macabre machines have really cool designs (at least I think so), but how good are they in practice?

The possessed mines come in four flavors - Warrior, Magus, Gunner, and Assassin.

Possessed Mine (Warrior)
    Talisman slots
    Warrior, Sentinel, Warrior
    Attacks
    Attack - physical damage to a single target.
    Flash (3 Power) - physical damage to a single target/critical strike chance (%?)/blind chance 35 %.
    Comments
    Meh. Attack is the most basic attack, and flash isn't particularly appealing, even if it only costs 3. Pass.

Possessed Mine (Magus)
    Talisman slots
    Magus, Magus, Warrior
    Attacks
    Extract - high magic damage to a single target.
    Detonate (5 Power) - magic damage to a single target/freeze chance 60%.
    Explode (passive) - does true damage to all enemies based on enemy's HP (and user's HP, post-update) to all enemies.
    Comments
    Interesting passive, it does nothing as long as the mine is alive but could theoretically inflict decent damage upon death. If you have a way of reviving the mine, you can go on to explode another day (actually, does explode work all the time or just once per round? Someone get back to me). Extract isn't particularly exciting (how high is high?) but Detonate is a decent single-enemy disabler.

Possessed Mine (Gunner)
    Talisman slots
    Magus, Sentinel, Magus
    Attacks
    Expire - physical and magic damage to all enemies/block beneficial effects chance 50%.
    Comments
    Expire is good. Blocking beneficial effects can be powerful (see also: Pharaoh Sun Spirit) and can make or break a character. Detonate isn't bad either, but the lack of passive hurts.

Possessed Mine (Assassin)
    Talisman slots
    Assassin, Assassin, Warrior
    Attacks
    Expire - physical and magic damage to all enemies/block beneficial effects chance 50%.
    Preserve (5 Power) - heals all allies based on user's max HP/extends duration of beneficial effects.
    Explode (passive) - does true damage to all enemies based on enemy's HP (and user's HP post-update) to all enemies.
    Comments
    I've already commented on Expire and Explode above, and they're both on this one along with a heal+stat boost enhancer which would work well after, say, Soldier Eddie's fury. And the Explode passive is always welcome. Attack and Magic are the highest stats. This looks to be the best of the mines in my opinion, working on figuring out a talisman set right now.
    Addendum: Extra thoughts and analysis courtesy of Kardas:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kardas View Post
    I've been thinking: since the Assassin Mine's attack consists of 2 hits per character, it could do decently with proc Talismans. The Void set is good for its survival, and similarly Vampire Talismans help keep it alive. Your damage will go down a little bit though.

Still, I've been using it with full Skill Shards for a few months now, and I think I can give it a bit of an in-depth write-up.

Pros:
    - Damage is pretty good, as is the case for an Assassin. ATK and MAGIC together may be inferior to straight up True damage, but it's easier to buff (with a PDK or Warrior CotD for instance).
    - Heal is still quite strong, and even better if you have a lot of buffs running.
    - Rules in the Gunner Dungeon. A Gunner LoL casting a Fury whose effects got blocked becomes a lot more manageable.

Cons:
    - That health is still crap. I get it, the Mine is a glass cannon whose death explosion deals damage to people but:
    --> The damage is lackluster and the Mine is still worth more alive
    --> Requires a reviver (Pharaoh, Vampire Hunter, Grim Reaper, PWS) in the party to truly make use of it.
    --> Easily exploited by enemy Angel of Fear and Assassin/Warrior CotD. Using him in Underworld makes that into a liability.
    --> The Prisoner laughs at that Passive.
    - The required red Talisman makes little sense because:
    --> MAGIC is marginally more important for the Mine because that is needed for the heal.
    --> Ruins a set up of 2 sets of 3 Talismans. A Void and a Vampiric set would be an interesting supportive glass cannon variant. A purple and Thief/Invisibility/Energy/Blind/Freeze set would also be fun options.
    --> If you want more health via a set of Health Talismans, the ATK and MAGIC stats of the Mine will be thrown out of balance, which is annoying.
    - For an AoE attacker blocking Beneficial Effects, the Pharaoh Sun Spirit is still better because:
    --> PSS's blocking beneficial effects function is AoE like his attack, unlike the Mine.
    --> PSS can take more of a hit.
    --> Less hamstrung by required Talisman slots.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, I still like the Mine and think it's the third best Assassin you can get out of a common GA soul (topped by Storm Eddie and the Assassin Golden Son), but it's got a lot of untapped potential.
    The possessed rockets are three - Magus, Warrior, and Gunner (if there's a fourth I haven't seen it).

Possessed Rockets (Magus)
    Talisman slots
    Magus, Magus, Magus
    Attacks
    Trigger - physical and magic damage/bleed chance 30%.
    Scramble (3 Power) - magic damage to all enemies/raises Magic of all allies for 2 turns.
    Comments
    Straightforward and functional, if unexciting. Scramble could be a good support move for a magic-based team.

Possessed Rockets (Warrior)
    Talisman slots
    Warrior, Warrior, Warrior
    Attacks
    Target - physical damage to all enemies/accuracy lowered chance 50% for two turns.
    Launch (3 Power) - physical damage to all enemies/block beneficial effects chance 30%.
    Comments
    Damaging all is good, blocking beneficial effects is good. Stats-wise this is pretty strong, hits for quite a bit and is getting buffed in the next update (multiple hits), so keep an eye on it. If it had the Gunner's passive ability it would be perfect. The required talismans help a lot, just load up the Warrior talismans and go to town.

Possessed Rockets (Gunner)
    Talisman slots
    Gunner, Gunner, Gunner
    Attacks
    Target - physical damage to all enemies/accuracy lowered chance 50% for two turns.
    Energize (Passive) - gain 1 extra Power every turn.
    Comments
    Deals both physical (Target) and magic (Detonate) damage, and jumpstarts your Power, and the talisman slots were recently fixed so it's a lot more flexible. This also looks like arguably the best of the rockets, tied with the Warrior. I initially wanted to turn it into a Power factory with the Power-stealing talismans (why be a Powerslave, after all?). Could also go mixed damage with various AoE effects.

How about you? Any comments, critiques? Anyone manage to get something good out of these, or have some devastating talisman combo for them?

E: fixed talisman slots.
    E2: formatting.
    E3: updates and cleaning up!
    Last edited by Piece of Mind; 01-19-2017 at 09:20 AM.
    \m/ Emile-3944 \m/
    I use all my troopers every day (barring crashes). Let's chase those skillshards together

OS
    iOS
    Talisman slots for the gunner mine are blue green blue

And for opinions, i think that some of them are amazing (assassin mine) and some are... meh (warrior mine) but most are nice...
    i could see myself leveling one some time later...
    Nekroliun-3119 - Rainmaker Eddie/Nomad, prob both pretty bad

Free your soul and let it fly! Give your life to the lord of light! Keep your secrets and rain on me, all i see are mysteries!

OS
    iOS
    I feel like the warrior rocket will be a beast post update with multiple hits (fire talisman). All of them got buffed.
    Drew-1616
    16 5 star characters level 100, 51 max talismans. Mostly Red builds.
    I rotate between the red bat, hellhound, samurai, soldier, purple harpy, and Carriage Rider. Looking for active troopers with Eddie champion, or max talisman ally.

OS
    iOS
    Red rockets definitely do a job in rifts. Solid damage and block beneficial effects are handy for soldier and sentinel LoL. I use them as the 4th character in assassin as well.

Thanks for the info Nekroliun! Updating original post accordingly.
    \m/ Emile-3944 \m/
    I use all my troopers every day (barring crashes). Let's chase those skillshards together

OS
    Android
    Fantastic post! A little bit of formatting would make it easier to read though. The Assassin Mine looks sweet. I'll work out a talisman build for him some time.

Do you know with what star rank the gunner and assassin mines drop BTW?
    Soldier blue in the barren wastes
    Reflecting and shielding's a game
    Wrecking the Axis and wasting the dogs
    The only good demons are tame

Kardas-1158. Retired

OS
    iOS
    2* if I remember correctly.

OS
    Android
    For both the Gunner AND the Assassin Mine?

Kardas-1158. Retired

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Kardas View Post
    For both the Gunner AND the Assassin Mine?
    Just checked my roster, all mines drop at 2 star, SO YOU BETTER GRIMD THE HELL OUT OF THOSE REGULAR GUNNER SOULS!

Also idk on what star rockets drop but my gunner rockets dropped at 3*...

OS
    Android
    Huh, here I was thinking the Assassin one dropped as a 3*...

As for the rockets, the Warrior one is drops at 3* and the Magus one drops as a 2*

Kardas-1158. Retired