Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Death Talismans

OS
    iOS
    Got it, thanks Kardas. So not worth for me to level-up any death Talismans, given that I have my Wrath!

OS
    Android
    I've gotten spoiled from Shaman Eddie with the marking, so I was excited to power these up to give another character the ability. I think they're best used on the tank sentinels; the toons that are going to take a ton of hits but not really send out much damage. Sentinels that absorbs hits and gives off weak damage, paired up with heavy-hitters... like maybe that undead rescuer that will mark the opponents, and then a warrior rocket dog that will consume all of the marks. And when possible, use a character with the energy-stealing talismans, so you can charge up to the 7 fast enough to make it worthwhile.

Just a possible approach.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariner-1212 View Post
    I've gotten spoiled from Shaman Eddie with the marking, so I was excited to power these up to give another character the ability. I think they're best used on the tank sentinels; the toons that are going to take a ton of hits but not really send out much damage. Sentinels that absorbs hits and gives off weak damage, paired up with heavy-hitters... like maybe that undead rescuer that will mark the opponents, and then a warrior rocket dog that will consume all of the marks. And when possible, use a character with the energy-stealing talismans, so you can charge up to the 7 fast enough to make it worthwhile.

Just a possible approach.
    That sounds like an interesting idea in theory (Sentinel true damagers such as Soulless Demon and Corrupt Droid, among others, would probably benefit most), but I'm not sure if you can acquire 7PWR in a PVP match that easily. I use Navigator and his Dead Reckoning (6PWR) a fair bunch in PVP, and it feels like there's a 50/50 chance whether I have 6 or 5 PWR when I go second. You'd need to be fairly lucky with your Energy Talismans if you want to pull that off.

Of course in PVE it's a completely different story, considering you start out with 6PWR there (if you're leveled high enough). But still, the Axis Bomber Boys (or Wrath) are probably a better pick for Marking shenanigans.

EDIT: I have been informed that I was confused with the 50/50 chance. Apparently you should have 5 PWR going first on turn 2, and 6 if going second on turn 1.
    Last edited by Kardas; 06-14-2017 at 10:58 PM.
    Soldier blue in the barren wastes
    Reflecting and shielding's a game
    Wrecking the Axis and wasting the dogs
    The only good demons are tame

Kardas-1158. Retired

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Kardas View Post
    ... I'm not sure if you can acquire 7PWR in a PVP match that easily....feels like there's a 50/50 chance whether I have 6 or 5 PWR when I go second
    Yeah, good point. I have the energy on my PDK, and when I go second I always have 6 (I like going second so my MCR can use his freeze which is 6)... but with a 7, you'd probably have to use that char first and hope he gets you the extra one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kardas View Post
    But still, the Axis Bomber Boys (or Wrath) are probably a better pick for Marking shenanigans.
    Without a doubt. Shaman Eddie as well. I wonder if these talismans make more sense to use on supporting cast (or the above mentioned characters) when you have a Vampire Hunter or Rainmaker, since their moves involve the marks more? Probably some clever strategy that can be applied in there. But I'm not going to look for it!