Page 43 of 63 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
    OS
    iOS
    I am definitely among those that are quite happy with the latest update. I am glad to see that the consensus is leaning to towards being happy with it as well. Whereas before it felt like there were only a handful of winning options to play the game (specific OP characters, fierce/overwhelming talismans, etc.)... now there are many more options that are viable. The ability for us to choose which character combinations to use for each unique situation that we might face has become a fantastic part of the gameplay - as opposed to mindlessly grinding with the same OP army over and over (if you were lucky enough to be blessed by such characters). There really is no question that this has become a much better game, and it may even become increasingly clear to us in the weeks that follow.

Great job so far - to all the people that have been working hard behind the scenes.
    Last edited by OpticSugar; 10-19-2016 at 03:42 PM.
    OpticSugar-0227
    the return of Muffin! lvl 100 red warrior Troll

"Goin' all the way, I'm nature's beast;
    Do what I want and do as I please"

OS
    Android
    there are some plus and minus facts about the patch, here my review:

+ 3* evo runes (colorless) now dropping on Madness, too (or better, again)
    + red 3* runes now dropping
    + some character tunings (visions eddie)
    + removing pointless runes (warp, resistance, resilence)

- some character nerfs:
    - extra turn on gunner dog is decreased? Still states 35%
    - reduced stun effect of corrupt general
    -/+ magus golden sun should return now with more health, i think it's still the same amount
    - fierce/overwhelming talisman nerf (which results now in drastically lower attack/special-move values compared to mages)
    - Soldier Eddie "Acid Smoke" effect still states to be Macic only damage
    - thief talisman still only onslaught?
    Last edited by satani; 10-19-2016 at 04:06 PM.

OS
    Android
    What's with the big question marks on the shop? you all have it?
    _______ 💀 Tom-7714 💀 ___________

___________ | CLAN | __________

👹 The Mofo Cult 👹

Here's my quick review of the patch and some comment.
    Overall I like it, tunings on talismans were necessary and very reasonable (complaining about that is nonsense), characters tuning went quite well, some are better now, some worse, but overall the situation is more balanced and this is what you want before the coming in of the arena. I have not tested enough to speak about the drop rates but it seems to me that now is easyer to understand where a specific drop is supposed to be and so the farm could be more accurate. About the difficulty of the game, due to the tuning of talismans the game is overall a little harder but nothing too serious, I can still autofarm level X on LoL and every map in the game aside The beast (which i couldn't autofarm before the patch anyway). The beast is much more difficult now and requires certain setups (and maxed characters) to win there and to state it clear there wasn't any need to this change, the players that can beat it don't give a shit anyway to play that level and this is just an useless wall against which the newcomers will crush.

Some things are not yet fixed: there are still plenty of text\translation problems on the non english versions, the stone talismans are still broken not giving the correct defence bonus (a thing known since July and written by many users here, pls devs read more), sometimes the game crashes anyway, the inventory was not fixed and with the new aboundance of trash 1* runes and shards you have to sell every few levels ecc...

Despite these problems, the game basically is how it should be on release, with 5 months delay. And during these months the people have betatested the game for free, helping devs in many ways (bugs testing and report, speaking about balancing issues ecc...) but now they are pretty done with the game until something new will happen. I was always on the side of "do the things slow and do them fine" but devs now have to admit that old player cannot stay here for other two months farming for no reason to beat nothing and achieve nothing they need to bring something new on the table quite soon if they want to keep the game alive. A couple of toons won't make it, you need another campaing or the pvp arena many are looking at. Playing now is pointless, but not for the nerfs or the tuning, they were fine and reasonable, it's a matter of lack of content.
    Last edited by Qed; 10-19-2016 at 04:15 PM.
    QED-6465 (Daily player, I rotate my shared characters).

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by satani View Post
    - thief talisman still only onslaught?
    I had thief bulwark drop twice in UW madness shadows in the valley.
    Last edited by dem0nlord; 10-19-2016 at 04:23 PM.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringe666-7406 View Post
    Yeah, too bad you have to actually PLAY the game you like :P
    Yea to bad that a feature of the game, auto play, is no longer viable. If you believe that people shouldn't be able to use auto play then it shouldn't be a feature in the game. By your logic.
    Eagleknight-9103

I'm Back.

To ask to the players that completed the game 4 months ago to not autofarm is stupidy.
    QED-6465 (Daily player, I rotate my shared characters).

Quote Originally Posted by osogaru View Post
    Hope (I say all the time the same thing sorry...) that the next update will be fixing all the crashes .. thank you.
    There were some character art optimizations that we were originally trying to get into the tuning update, but held back most of it due to a lack of time to thoroughly test them. Such optimizations should make it out in the next feature update (coming soonTM).

Quote Originally Posted by osiris0000 View Post
    I have a question.. Pharaoh Sand Spirit (Sentinel one) got a quite good buff with the update about the stats, thanks for that. But why he have a one boring red talisman spot, since his both skills are scaled with only magic?!? And additional to that there is also 2 Green Talisman spots, since his skills nothing to do with scaling HP.. I can't see any logic with this, please consider to change Talisman spot colors in a supportive way.
    That's a good point. We'll swap the red slot to a green one for a later update.

Keep in mind that there are some green talismans which give magic, even if they don't give as much as blue talismans. We don't want to only give talisman slots to characters for stats they scale off of; their class and what kinds of talisman set effects which can synergize with them is also a factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Esquatcho View Post
    Anyone else notice that rainbow evo shards seems to be way more common in the regular maps than runes? I thought the intent was that the dungeons were for shards & regular maps for runes. But I seems to be getting more 3* rainbow shards in regular maps than in the dungeons now. Add to that, the money is better in regular maps now, then why would I need to venture into the dungeon?
    I get that, but what I'm personally finding is that I get better gold (for sands) and heaps of evos from the regular maps. So is the intent that you only are grinding LoLX just for the single colour evo shards 3*?
    Dungeons are supposed to be about getting evo shards to evolve characters specifically (and the colour-specific nature also helps for lower-star ones for early and mid-game players). Secondarily they're helpful for getting more souls. The campaign is supposed to be the main source for gold, XP, and all things talisman-y.

Also, am still having difficulty finding 2* rainbow evo runes! lol
    Quote Originally Posted by URock View Post
    The drop rate of red 2* evo runes is the too low as before the update. How l9ng should it take to upgrade my red talismans? Weeks? Months? I'm off with this boring farming game...
    They're still possible to get in later worlds and difficulties, but if you want the best odds of finding those specifically, you'll want to switch to an earlier place to grind which shows 2 star evo runes in the Drop Info. Colourless evo runes are found in better qualities as you get further into the game; red evos are found in Ailing Kingdom and Battlefield (with best odds for 2 star evo runes in Hard difficulty).

Kaz, Sparton, one thing - Pharaoh Eddie has higher basic HP and defense then Mummy, and F'n Vissions Eddies has higher HP and MR, so, is there any chance for Mummy to be #1 amongst them with some of these stats?
    While evolving characters to 5 stars will do wonders for characters' stats, we don't want to encroach too much on the value of natural 5 star characters. Mummy Eddie needed buffs because he was just too far below the curve before, but he still has some unique edges over his Sentinel Eddie peers, even if it isn't in the raw stat department.

Quote Originally Posted by Valgard View Post
    I'm still shocked by the change to Magus Allied Soldier's Fearless ability to be based in Max HP, it doesn't make any sense. If that was the intention, why does he still have two blue talisman slots? Has anyone checked if the ability has actually changed, or it's just a copy-paste error in the text and the ability still uses Magic?
    Actually, his basic skill always scaled with Max HP, it just didn't communicate it.

However, it's still a magic attack, so it scales from Magic as well. Magic damage always scale with Magic, just like how physical damage always scale with Attack and true damage always scales with Attack and Magic. Whenever a skill says it scales damage off of a different stat, it means it scales off of that stat on top of the usual stat scaling that damage would have.

Quote Originally Posted by slauki View Post
    my only concerns are the rare souls and the skillshards. since it's not very attractive anymore to play the dungeon, i don't now how to get rare souls. it would be nice if sacrifice and daily challanges would be the next step, to gain more rare souls or skillshards.
    The odds of rare souls have dropped from Lord of Light dungeons, yes, but it's still possible as a grindable source. Subsequent features will also introduce more ways to get Ironite so you can spend to refill and try and grind dungeons more (or to just get the souls directly from the store), and PVP will have it's own economies in parallel with the features currently in the game to get even more Ironite and souls (and skill shards).

Quote Originally Posted by Qed View Post
    Some things are not yet fixed: there are still plenty of text\translation problems on the non english versions,
    If you can PM me and/or make a thread with examples, I'll happily look into fixing this. We're obviously challenged with a smaller team to fix things in languages we do not speak, but we can source getting retranslations for stuff that has problems/ensure we get translated things we've missed.

the stone talismans are still broken not giving the correct defence bonus (a thing known since July and written by many users here, pls devs read more),
    I personally investigated that to see if I could fix it, but there's a coding issue that is making it apply the actual defense bonus while not communicating that when looking at the character stats. I even added that issue to the "known bugs" section at the end of the first post of this thread...

sometimes the game crashes anyway,
    I note this earlier in this post I'm writing, but there's optimizations coming we couldn't finish testing in time for this tuning update.

the inventory was not fixed and with the new aboundance of trash 1* runes and shards you have to sell every few levels ecc...
    We are still working on options for this (short-term solution of expanding inventory sizes and long-term solution of revamping that part of your inventory to avoid needing to sell), but we don't have a timeline yet, sadly.

OS
    iOS
    So I finally got a chance to check things out, and the first thing I notice are skill ups missing from my Aces High Eddie. Considering that skill shards are the hardest thing to get, this is most definitely not cool.

OS
    Android
    Yeah, too bad you have to actually PLAY the game you like :P
    'Cause I'm rich and single and I don't have anything else to do so I can manually play all day long to farm like no tomorrow.

So if we are all supposed to "play" the game we like, what's the point of auto-play? Better remove it entirely.

BTW I found out how to farm UW Madness with F'n PDK... Just takes twice as long after the nerfs to SE and WDQ.

"When I'm walking a dark road
    I am a man who walks alone"

Account: Frost-6115. Feel free to check me. Actually trooper list is full, sorry