Page 40 of 63 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android
    Good work with this update! I think it really balances the game and makes it challenging again

I'm surprised by the huge buff my Prisoner got. Before it was hitting for 970 damage, but I kept him in the team for his utility (stun, passive disable, seal). Now he's does 2900 dmg, almost triple

I guess I'll give a try again to my dog of War, which now has a more reasonable health.

Overall, it looks like now you can have more team compositions than before and that's a good thing for the PvP coming

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyskeleton View Post
    Yeah Madness. And seem to get a 3* every other run or so on average. Nerfing talismans but will at least have a zillion lvl 100 when the day is over.
    I think the problem will probably be 2* evo runes
    Gringo-4930
    MOFO

Currently grinding for:
    Odin(s) - Freya - Scrooge (Slauki) Ed / Moar Yggs

OS
    Android
    Ok, my observations so far: first of all, droprates seem to be better (2 3* rainbow evo runes though, but some dudes had more luck with them, I had shitload last week). Rainbow evo shards 3* are there again in UM, and lots of them. 6 blue 3* rainbow evo shards on UM SL this morning and 3 3* rainbow evo shards on BM, plus 5 or more generally in UM. So far so good. Magus allied soldier doesn't seem bad as much as I expected, but I do not know about shield since I don't use it at all for a month or so. Axis Commander still can stun often, freezing talismans are of great help, and his mandatory Lower MR works great with allied soldier and Mummy Eddiee (and all magus chars, right?). Soldier Eddie went from hero to zero, from one of the most useful chars to back seat guy. Mummy Eddie's damage is rescaled, yes, but considering lowered HP on talismans, it is same as before, -15k HP in worst case, leaving it on 26-7k, plus basic 10k. Still decent, I am happy I started upgrading and using him 10 days ago. Now he has lot of skill shards and I got used to him, and got used to play without SE. And SoL Eddie now steals huge amounts of fury and deals more damage (although I would still put one, or even more probably two Health ward talismans, since he is still too fragile). Overall, really really good char, just a little weak to be main and too strong to be just support. I can still play Casted Die on madness and beat it with almost no effort, just need a little more time then before. Literally the only thing I feel sorry for is that lowered HP on my Mummy (and all other sentinels from other players).
    Further, 3* runes and shards (the ones for leveling) on UM, really? Then, less talismans, but I actually got two Assassin talismans this morning, and I haven't seen them in a month or more. Hope it helped \m/

Kaz, Sparton, one thing - Pharaoh Eddie has higher basic HP and defense then Mummy, and F'n Vissions Eddies has higher HP and MR, so, is there any chance for Mummy to be #1 amongst them with some of these stats?
    Last edited by Ringe666-7406; 10-19-2016 at 10:45 AM.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparton_LOTB View Post
    Part of what lets us be comfortable with adjusting the odds to the way it is is the total amount of attempts you can do with a full Sands of Time for the rewards it can give. While the gold and rare soul rate was lowered, the primary draw is supposed to be the evo shards (which yes, we do expect will take many battles to get enough to fully evolve one character). We also want to provide more varied options for Sands of Time costs so people with more or less time on their hands have options to be able to make their play sessions longer or shorter without needing to refill Sands of Time, if that's what they wish to do.
    I get that, but what I'm personally finding is that I get better gold (for sands) and heaps of evos from the regular maps. So is the intent that you only are grinding LoLX just for the single colour evo shards 3*?
    Gringo-4930
    MOFO

Currently grinding for:
    Odin(s) - Freya - Scrooge (Slauki) Ed / Moar Yggs

OS
    Android
    The return of the 3* colorless evo shard on Underworld Madness was a surprise for me.

Also, Rune drops are weird. One playthrough gave me 5 3* green (not evo!) runes. I still get 4* colored runes, but sometimes something like this happens

I do greatly enjoy the increased colorless 3* evo runs drops though
    Last edited by Kardas; 10-19-2016 at 11:36 AM.
    Soldier blue in the barren wastes
    Reflecting and shielding's a game
    Wrecking the Axis and wasting the dogs
    The only good demons are tame

Kardas-1158. Retired

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEddie View Post
    NOT EVERYONE. In retrospect, you're realizing that the situation needed to fixed. It was obvious that it needed to be fixed but *almost* everyone went for it like it was the gold rush and did not consider what was obviously going to inevitably happen.

It was easy to avoid this issue for anyone who was considering how things would play out. Any characters or talismans/types that were far too good, so good that even skill-less players could kick ass and brag on and on here (or rage-quit when called out), were obviously going to be adjusted, and those same people are very very VERY pissed that they now have to actually think about the game while playing it and gain some skills or they're toast, especially in PvP.

Live and learn. In any online game that's new, check out which characters/buildings/addons are far too powerful. Then, instead of falling into those traps, look for the characters/buildings/addons that will become more powerful in relation when those far too powerful ones get knocked back....invest in those and you gain instead of lose.

(and of course, this same thing will happen after PvP goes on for a bit and then when the needed tunings happen in PvP will be another outcry here)
    This seems a little crazy to me. Yes, a few talismans were overpowered, and it was certainly possible, even likely, that they would get nerfed. But it was far from "obviously...inevitabl[e]", especially considering how long they've been in the game like that. Further, it seemed far more likely (unless you understood the programming error, like a poster a dozen or so pages back) that they would get somewhat nerfed, but not necessarily leveled w/r/t the other types in that class.

Also, who finds a powerful character in a game, and decides not to use them because it's too strong? How is that a smart strategy? Maybe (MAYBE) if you were able to get a ton of characters leveled and saw how much overpowered some were you might expect a nerf, but most players never had that deep of a bench, considering how difficult it is to upgrade chars/talismans.

For the record, I'm not too upset about the changes; a more balanced game is better. I just think this post is a little sanctimonious about expecting everyone to have the foresight to see how the dev's would handle these issues.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by RobG-9641 View Post
    I noticed Soldier Eddie's gun now has Derek Riggs "R" logo etched into it. Nice touch! After all, it is his iconic artwork that has made Eddie & Iron Maiden so visually memorable...
    that's a great nodd, as I am a huge fan of Derek Riggs... only thing is, he had nothing to do with the "A Matter Of Life And Death" album cover...
    OpticSugar-0227
    the return of Muffin! lvl 100 red warrior Troll

"Goin' all the way, I'm nature's beast;
    Do what I want and do as I please"

OS
    iOS
    It's always the same pattern. Community finds an optimal strategy (eg, some talismans have a higher point budget than others or accuracy synergies really well with prof effect talismans), a tuning pass levels the playing field, there is a week or so of uproar then the next optimum strategy emerges until it in turn is squashed. If you think the moaning is bad now, just wait until pvp is released

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaijester View Post
    I must say that EducatedFool was not foolish and maxing his Speed of Light Eddie was an educated choice. Tried him and it is as good as Cyborg Eddie damage with more battle enhancing effects.
    Who's the fool now?
    OpticSugar-0227
    the return of Muffin! lvl 100 red warrior Troll

"Goin' all the way, I'm nature's beast;
    Do what I want and do as I please"

OS
    Android
    Overall happy with the update, definitely in the right direction for me.
    Even with all the nerfs, yes. We'll get used to the new balance between characters...and I find things not so tragic as others say.

The drops are so good I found myself upgrading my Troll to 5* in 4 sands (!), and spent around 2 million already upping some talismans ...not even 1 full day has gone by. With these rates, i'll have the runes to upgrade and will have to farm for gold lol

Name:  Screenshot_2016-10-19-16-07-22.png
Views: 349
Size:  80.4 KB
    _______ 💀 Tom-7714 💀 ___________

___________ | CLAN | __________

👹 The Mofo Cult 👹