Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Warrior Troll

OS
    Android
    Let me research whats been said and i'll come back.
    _______ 💀 Tom-7714 💀 ___________

___________ | CLAN | __________

👹 The Mofo Cult 👹

OS
    Android
    Had these in mind:

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz_LOTB View Post
    With some of the new tuning updates and modes (especially daily challenges), you will have more opportunities to earn rare characters. In terms of the drop rates themselves, the repeats at each tier are mainly a result of the amount of content in the game, which we are currently in the process of expanding. We also have a feature in the works called "Sacrifice", which will allow you to make use of duplicate characters to earn rare rewards, including Legendary Souls, giving you even more opportunities to obtain high tier characters.

-Kaz
    The current plan is that higher star and level characters will gain you more from Sacrifice than lower star and level characters. So both the Star Tier AND Level will matter.

-Kaz

👹 The Mofo Cult 👹

OS
    Android
    i'm pretty sure, that you will be able to sacrifice any character. this is most usefull for duplicates, but if you want to sacrifice your only character, this should be possible too. but that's a pure guess anyway ;-)

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaz_LOTB
    With some of the new tuning updates and modes (especially daily challenges), you will have more opportunities to earn rare characters. In terms of the drop rates themselves, the repeats at each tier are mainly a result of the amount of content in the game, which we are currently in the process of expanding. We also have a feature in the works called "Sacrifice", which will allow you to make use of duplicate characters to earn rare rewards, including Legendary Souls, giving you even more opportunities to obtain high tier characters.

-Kaz
    The current plan is that higher star and level characters will gain you more from Sacrifice than lower star and level characters. So both the Star Tier AND Level will matter.

-Kaz
    Thanks so much for digging that up! Hmmmm... he could be mentioning it as "a way of using your duplicate characters" but I'm not entirely convinced that it can only be limited to sacrificing duplicates based on what he said. It could be either way. I'd love to hear some clarification from the devs on this.

However, the second quote does imply that: skill shards invested in sacrificed characters are not currently being considered. I think this needs to be looked at. The sacrifice feature could be a great way to get a little bit of RoI (return on investment) for skill shards if you are in the situation that many people currently find themselves in where some tuning adjustments made their once prized character not so desirable and they are feeling cheated that they invested a large amount of skill shards on them. I recommend that if a character that has been skill sharded is sacrificed, in addition to whatever you would normally get for that character - you should also get 50% of the skill shards back in your inventory (rounded DOWN to the nearest whole number). The way to deal with odd numbers of skill shards is: if you had only one skill shard invested, you get nothing back... if you had 7 invested, you'd get 3 back, etc...

This is only fair, and is a great way to ease the pain of people that have made some misguided decisions due to unforseen character balancing changes (aka "Nerf Bat").

What do you guys think? I'm going to repost this on the threads that the devs might look at.
    OpticSugar-0227
    the return of Muffin! lvl 100 red warrior Troll

"Goin' all the way, I'm nature's beast;
    Do what I want and do as I please"

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by OpticSugar View Post
    Thanks so much for digging that up! Hmmmm... he could be mentioning it as "a way of using your duplicate characters" but I'm not entirely convinced that it can only be limited to sacrificing duplicates based on what he said. It could be either way. I'd love to hear some clarification from the devs on this.

However, the second quote does imply that: skill shards invested in sacrificed characters are not currently being considered. I think this needs to be looked at. The sacrifice feature could be a great way to get a little bit of RoI (return on investment) for skill shards if you are in the situation that many people currently find themselves in where some tuning adjustments made their once prized character not so desirable and they are feeling cheated that they invested a large amount of skill shards on them. I recommend that if a character that has been skill sharded is sacrificed, in addition to whatever you would normally get for that character - you should also get 50% of the skill shards back in your inventory (rounded DOWN to the nearest whole number). The way to deal with odd numbers of skill shards is: if you had only one skill shard invested, you get nothing back... if you had 7 invested, you'd get 3 back, etc...

This is only fair, and is a great way to ease the pain of people that have made some misguided decisions due to unforseen character balancing changes (aka "Nerf Bat").

What do you guys think? I'm going to repost this on the threads that the devs might look at.
    i'd like to see it rounded up, to the nearest whole number :-) but it would be fair to do anything about wasted skillshards...

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    Android
    While I agree with all the things you suggest, I still got the gut feeling the quotes suggest a use for duplicates only/mainly.
    Also allowing duplicates only would be easier for them to set ground rules into (5* dupe, x skillshards, or 4*dupe something else). To organize a kind of 'market value chart' for any sole character in the game and what would sacrificing the exact one (skillshards or not) means, would be a huge a mess I think, and they wouldn't focus on that with so many pressing matters. Just my thoughts.

Yeah repost it in case someone clarifies anything.

👹 The Mofo Cult 👹

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by slauki View Post
    i'd like to see it rounded up, to the nearest whole number :-) but it would be fair to do anything about wasted skillshards...
    Of course we'd like to see it rounded up... but I'm afraid to ask for too much. LoL
    OpticSugar-0227

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by OpticSugar View Post
    Of course we'd like to see it rounded up... but I'm afraid to ask for too much. LoL
    from a tactical perspective it's almost always better to ask for more, so that you have some room to maneuver and accept a compromise i think :-)

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by slauki View Post
    from a tactical perspective it's almost always better to ask for more, so that you have some room to maneuver and accept a compromise i think :-)
    very good point...
    OpticSugar-0227

Senior Member The Educated fool's Avatar
    OS
    Android
    T'is a fine thing you propose, good OS. It sounds fair to me too.
    EducatedFool-1193

MOFO 4 LIFE!

You know it's not only madmen who listen to Fools