Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS
    iOS

Does the "AI" piss off anybody else?

Other than complete bloodbaths, I am very hesitant to use auto battles. The AI with this game and with my team seems to be a contradiction in terms. Soldier Eddie bullet trace as the first move before toons lay down supporting damage...buffs, heals, or worse: a fury attack unleashed on an enemy with 15% hitpoints remaining... The idiocy goes on and on.

Granted, it works both ways in some applications with the enemy, like trolls and soulless demons spawning redundant buffs, but at best these silly missteps prolong the battles by 100% of its intended duration and at worse, they squander a certain victory achieved under manual play.

I agree that bugs take priority in the to do list, but the AI in this game is sorely need of fixing on both sides.

OS
    Android
    That's why I hate to play CG along CR Eddie on auto cause General quite often ''steal'' fury from Eddie and uses it on least expected moments and with silly way when it's no need to use such strong and radical methods to eliminate enemy...
    Witkacy-2631

In today's event: Flushy Tuesday you may try for one & only 25:

Hallow Ed

Don't worry be harpy

OS
    iOS
    AI does some silly stuff. That said I use autoplay for EVERY battle except Underworld madness secret location or if I wanted to fight the beast on madness again. Just allows me to let it run in the background for repetitive farming while I do other stuff.

I did have the update briefly and that definitely reduced the places I could comfortably autoplay without monitoring it

OS
    Android
    I auto play about 90% of the time since I'm basically just farming stuff. The AI is very stupid almost 100% of the time and if you watch it you will be calling them stupid the whole battle. The CG is a very bad fury Hog, I don't like to auto play him unless it is a very easy zone. I usually save them for the 10% that I am actually mashing buttons.
    Thursty-1116

It is not that it is "stupid" it is just lazy programming.
    What I noticed is that, AI is programmed to use fury every time the fury bar is full and use a random character's power ability whenever you have enough power to use one.

It is not programmed to check opponent's hp, class advantage, use future or past abilities, etc.

OS
    iOS
    Honestly, I think it could be worse. There is a lot of silly stuff, but there are so many variables in the team compositions and character builds that every contingency can't be planned for. While it drives me nuts sometimes, I am thankful for autoplay. Without I wouldn't keep playing right now.

I'll be all about live playing when PVP and other new content comes, but end game farming...gotta have autoplay!

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by zamasu View Post
    It is not that it is "stupid" it is just lazy programming.
    What I noticed is that, AI is programmed to use fury every time the fury bar is full and use a random character's power ability whenever you have enough power to use one.

It is not programmed to check opponent's hp, class advantage, use future or past abilities, etc.
    I've thought about this, and have been frustrated by it myself for sure. One way to look at it though, is that the sooner it uses the fury, the sooner it can collect more fury, and it may actually execute more fury attacks overall during a match. I sometimes feel that every time I earn fury when my fury bar is full, it's just wasting away.

I'm not saying that it's intelligent, I'm just stating the good side of the situation.
    OpticSugar-0227
    the return of Muffin! lvl 100 red warrior Troll

"Goin' all the way, I'm nature's beast;
    Do what I want and do as I please"

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingV View Post
    Other than complete bloodbaths, I am very hesitant to use auto battles. The AI with this game and with my team seems to be a contradiction in terms. Soldier Eddie bullet trace as the first move before toons lay down supporting damage...buffs, heals, or worse: a fury attack unleashed on an enemy with 15% hitpoints remaining... The idiocy goes on and on.
    AI in any game where there are multiple types of opponents with varying abilities that can be adjusted by the player and there is uncertainty as to what will happen in attacks and how the other player can respond, the AI will be very stupid compared to skilled humans.

For example, if talismans were added to the game of chess, even the best software/hardware combination that could be created would get its ass handed to it regularly by higher skilled human players.

That said, the AI can always be improved. I'm not arguing that, just pointing out that the AI WILL do stupid things from the viewpoint of a highly skilled player and, for those who are not very skilled at all, having far overpowered OVERWHELMING and other talismans made up for their lack of skill growth in this game.

OS
    Android
    It goes for insane overkill all the time. Say 1 or two enemies have a sliver of life left. It will activate Alliance General's crit buff and then use soldier Eddie's fury move. A simple basic attack would have been plenty.
    Reeb99-9320

Make the Angel of Fear great again!
    Restore the single target damage!
    No other character has been nerfed so many times!
    Many other characters do much higher damage, and have USEFUL passive skills!
    Why do you hate that character SO MUCH?

OS
    Android
    Just one little change could make autoplay much much better. Every skill should have checkbox - do not use it in autoplay!
    Last edited by Olevipoeg; 10-18-2016 at 07:36 AM.
    Olevipoeg-2218

When you know that your time is close at hand
    Maybe then you'll begin to understand
    Life down here is just a strange illusion...
    Member of Jomsvikings Clan