Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS
    iOS

The Book Of Souls World Tour

Have you seen Maiden in this tour? I was in Madrid 2 days ago and it was fucking incredible! The band was brilliant
    Highlights for me: Children Of The Damned, The Red And The Black, Powerslave, The Book Of Souls and Hallowed Be Thy Name.
    Share your experiences!

I saw them in April in Detroit (well, actually 45 mins north, but whatever). Definitely agree with the highlights. I think Powerslave was the biggest thrill for me!!

OS
    Android
    Same! Saw them in Mexico in March, I died when they played Powerslave. Also, we got lucky here and got 2 dates \m/

OS
    iOS
    I was in Hungary, Sopron at Volt festival and for me the whole concert was rad. This was the third time I saw them live and the Book of Souls tour easily beat the other two. Best concert in my life so far, I wish I could relive the experience

Senior Member The Educated fool's Avatar
    OS
    Android
    They didn't come anywhere near here on this tour, unfortunately for me.
    EducatedFool-1193

MOFO 4 LIFE!

You know it's not only madmen who listen to Fools

OS
    iOS
    saw them at Graspop Metal Meeting in Belgium in June. Absolutely great. If eternity should fail, Book of souls, Powerslave and Wasted years.
    PERFECT !!!

OS
    iOS
    I got to see them at Madison Square Garden - NYC. It's actually a pretty cool story:

I found out that a buddy of mine that I met on Clash of Clans was also a Maiden fan and when they announced the tour dates for the Book of Souls, he was able to secure a suite at the Garden (through some connections he had)! A suite is like a mini-hotel room with a wet bar (byob) couches, and at the end of the room, it's wide open with about 3 rows of a dozen private seats. Oh, and a private bathroom. We were directly stage-right (so much so that we could barely see Niko, and we could see a little bit back stage).

Seeing Maiden was at the top of my bucket list since I was in Jr. High and the experience was nothing short of amazing for me. And yes, the guitar solo Powerslave was the pinnacle moment for me! That song contains one of my favorite guitar solos of all time.

Here are some photos of the experience along with most of "Powerslave" (audio - the quality is poor, but I figured I'd share it anyway. It was recorded up in the suite so at least there weren't a thousand screaming fans near the mic!)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6...UZjWVZwa003aUU

OS
    iOS
    I saw them in Bucharest on 30th of July. It was ... you'll never guess ... AWESOME
    Cheers,
    Calin
    Nonsensei-1068

OS
    iOS
    I had tickets to see Maiden twice back in the early 90s. Both times they cancelled each show

I thought about buying tickets to see them in Ft Lauderdale for Book of Souls but decided against it. I regret it but I also try to convince myself if I had bought tickets they would have cancelled the show, and therefore my sacrifice of not buying tickets was for the benefit of everyone that got to see them play in Lauderdale.
    Bryan-3528

"Was many years ago that I left home and came this way, I was a young man, full of hopes and dreams"

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan-3528 View Post
    I had tickets to see Maiden twice back in the early 90s. Both times they cancelled each show

I thought about buying tickets to see them in Ft Lauderdale for Book of Souls but decided against it. I regret it but I also try to convince myself if I had bought tickets they would have cancelled the show, and therefore my sacrifice of not buying tickets was for the benefit of everyone that got to see them play in Lauderdale.
    You've got to sneak up on them... like just show up and get tickets from a scalper or something.