Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

A compromise on the nerfed talismans

So, I get it.

As soon as I noticed the immense stat INCREASE when upgrading my Fierce tali to 5* (whereas all other talis had a bit of a DECREASE), and I realized that the Lv1 5* values were actually supposed to be the Lv50 5* values, I KNEW it was a bug. Wouldn't last.

But everyone's in an uproar, despite an easily demonstrable data entry error that happened long ago and the OLD devs were too busy/nervous to correct it. Didn't stop me from focusing on the two subtypes in question, but it did temper my reaction when the nerf bat started swinging. Others aren't so forgiving, and it seems the community is divided on the fairness of each solution suggested.

I propose a compromise: Colored Talisman slots shall give an equipped talisman a boost exactly the way Fierce & Overwhelming were boosted: they use the regular LvMax values for Lv1.

As a software developer myself, I've noted how the talis' values are calculated:

BaseValue + PtsPerLevel*CurrentLevel.

Simply set

BoostedBaseValue = NormalBaseValue + PtsPerLevel*LvMax.

Easy peasy.

This has a couple of benefits:
    - Some of the 'losses' due to nerf can be recovered
    - Makes the colored talisman slots on each character actually _beneficial_ & _helpful_, instead of worthless (or, in most cases, a flat-out hinderance).
    - Creates more strategy w/ regards to talisman assignment.

I hope the devs will take this under consideration. I feel it adds to the game in a more meaningful & strategic way than simply buffing all 5* talismans & gives players more interesting choices across the board.

OS
    Android
    Interesting idea...I'd paste this on the update thread, so someone actually sees this/maybe comment on it. Devs don't seem to be checking other forums regularly.
    _______ 💀 Tom-7714 💀 ___________

___________ | CLAN | __________

👹 The Mofo Cult 👹

OS
    iOS
    I like this a lot. MAA2 (before it was recently discontinued) did this and it was nice. Solid idea.

Done. Also posted to Sparton's & Kaz's 'Visitor Messages' on their profile pages (for whatever that is worth?)

It's an honor to have you as a fellov trooper mate(even though i'm not that keen on your blue son ). A genius idea! This would open up endless possibilities of building your characters and teams.

OS
    iOS
    I think that's a great idea! I also thought that these type of talismans would be nerfed sooner or later, so I was kind of expecting it.
    Eddiejose-6453

OS
    Android
    really like the idea, seems to be very solid. i hope they will think about it...
    Last edited by slauki; 10-18-2016 at 09:22 PM.

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

> i'm not that keen on your blue son

What-what-whaaaaaat?!?!

He freezes! He heals! He self-revives! He hits like a ... ok, so he hits like a Toyota Corolla. (very economical vehicles, btw)

OS
    iOS
    i don't even recognize the lvl 1 talismans now. i don't know how to differentiate those talismans with or without hp.

I'd like to think that when I die
    I'd get a chance another time
    And to return and live again
    Reincarnate, play the game
    Again and again and again.

Please remove image/Video when you quote a message,easier to browse the thread,(faster browsing/saves mobile data)

OS
    Android
    I think they should change their name from nodding frog to nerfing frog. I lost 10k life on my General. Cheese and rice.
    Reeb99-9320

Make the Angel of Fear great again!
    Restore the single target damage!
    No other character has been nerfed so many times!
    Many other characters do much higher damage, and have USEFUL passive skills!
    Why do you hate that character SO MUCH?