Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thoughts: Almost 2 weeks in.

So far I've had mixed feelings, but the more I play the game the more I realize just how much strategy is involved in winning and the more I am starting to really like this game. When the game first released I thought the battle system was lazy, but now I see that talisman choice, ally choice, and your decisions on which character attacks first, which attack to perform at which moment - all play a key role in victory or defeat. The game is not so much action as it is STRATEGY. After the initial bump in the road with 2 star shards ( I finally got the ones I needed) which was very frustrating, I am advancing at a pace that is very satisfying. I can advance a few levels every day without getting overly frustrated and a few more with the help of troopers. Seems to me that more game modes (a VS mode is very much needed and I understand is in the works) will be key to keep interest. A lot of those with bad luck getting shards will probably quit out of frustration (some may have already), but there is light at the end of the tunnel!

What are your thoughts after the initial nostalgia has worn off?

Strategy is indeed big deal, and definetly is the why I planning migrate from another mobile games to here. The only serious issue know that I have is multiplayer compared with other games on the plataform (Yea there's no amazing multiplayer experience on mobile compared with others plataforms, but I play TWD:RTS and Hearthstone, good stuff). Maybe end game will become a thing soon, especially because the game is pretty fresh and it already became farm-ish. But I'm pretty pleased with the overall picture.

I wonder what is your Troop setup (Eddie, Supports and Talismans) lol

So far, I'm loving the game...You're right that bad luck makes things frustrating...from not getting the shards I need, to not getting any luck with the rare souls, it makes it very frustrating....but, I am going to keep playing, and keep trying to get the drops I need....not gonna give up on this

OS
    Android
    Yeah I am still struggling to find good 3* characters. I only figured out yesterday that the purple spots drop major loot - I unlocked two early but had basically ignored them since then. I felt like a dope since I had a 3* soul for a week and not enough money to crack it - 1 visit to a purple zone later and I was all set.

OS
    Android
    I'm enjoying the sheer variety possible from different combinations of characters, and love the trooper mechanic so I get to play with other people's characters and see their talisman set-ups.

"Rare" souls being 3 stars most of the time is my major frustration at the moment; I just end up selling them since I have one of most things I like the look of. I'd make rare souls 4-5 & legendary 5 only if it were up to me

I'm curious where the Legendary Souls come from. I see you get one as a reward for clearing Underworld on Madness, but once you can do that that extra 4* is probably a step down, since you likely have a team of 5* at that point.

I haven't gotten a single 4 or 5* from the rare souls, and a ton of dupes. Either RNG hates me or the pool is rather small.
    On the other hand, I've gotten Speed of Light 3* Eddie (and maybe the Mummy? I forget) from the 2* souls, so there is that?

OS
    Android
    Yeah I got a fair few 3* characters from regular dropped souls, which makes it extra galling when you eke every possible point out of your troopers for days on end and you get a ****in' 3* tin-helmet soldier.

*in a sulk because she wanted Cyborg Eddie*

Quote Originally Posted by Jennie-5128 View Post
    Yeah I got a fair few 3* characters from regular dropped souls, which makes it extra galling when you eke every possible point out of your troopers for days on end and you get a ****in' 3* tin-helmet soldier.

*in a sulk because she wanted Cyborg Eddie*
    Where's the like button?

OS
    Android
    Agree with everyone so far, it's a fun game and being a Maiden fan I really enjoy all the atmosphere. There are still some things that can be improved like all the bugs (especially the one with the reflect shield) and the rare soul stuff. Its frustrating that I've been getting redeeming souls like crazy, even the Trooper ones, and I've only managed to get 3* characters when I am already in serious need for a 4 or 5* one. Still, good game and I'm loving it so far.

OS
    Android
    What's one of those then Trystangst?

*one of v few ppl without a faceache account*
    Last edited by Jennie-5128; 07-22-2016 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Stupid double post