Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    OS
    iOS

farming the various worlds for various colors...

I found myself starting to farm different worlds (other than Underworld) specifically to obtain different colored runes (not necessarily evo runes). Particularly, I am farming Kingdom of the Sands [madness] because I've found myself in a shortage of blue runes to upgrade blue talismans. Since the update, I haven't really gotten any because I've just been farming Underworld (I figured it was the best chances to get rainbo evo shards & runes), but Underworld only gives out purple and yellow runes. I fear that it's a waste of my time though, because I suspect that I won't be getting as many rainbow evo shards/runes... and that's really what I want to farm the most.

Anyone else doing this yet? Any thoughts or alternate suggestions?
    OpticSugar-0227
    the return of Muffin! lvl 100 red warrior Troll

"Goin' all the way, I'm nature's beast;
    Do what I want and do as I please"

Senior Member The Educated fool's Avatar
    OS
    Android
    I have encountered this same issue myself... I would say that unless you're looking for specific talismans, it would probably be best to stick with Underworld, for the rainbows. At least, that's what I'm doing.
    EducatedFool-1193

MOFO 4 LIFE!

You know it's not only madmen who listen to Fools

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by The Educated fool View Post
    I have encountered this same issue myself... I would say that unless you're looking for specific talismans, it would probably be best to stick with Underworld, for the rainbows. At least, that's what I'm doing.
    Well it's not the talismans that I'm after... its the different colored runes (not the evo runes). Sticking with Underworld will only give you yellow and purple runes, and they're needed to upgrade the talismans' levels (not stars). Granted, I can use differently colored runes... but the way I understand it, if I use purple runes to upgrade a blue talisman - it costs more gold and doesn't upgrade it as much so it requires more runes.
    OpticSugar-0227

OS
    Android
    i'm very short at 2* red runes and i try to farm battlefield madness...but it's very hard to get them. it's a shame to farm anything but underworld madness dropratewise, but what to do?

results so far:

Name:  2016-10-22 00_01_29-LOTB Fortschtitte per Turn - Excel.png
Views: 895
Size:  11.1 KB
    Last edited by slauki; 10-21-2016 at 10:05 PM.

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    iOS
    yeah, I appreciate the devs' efforts to make the drops more predictable (by putting two different colors available at each world)... but I get the sense that it wasn't really that well thought out. The problem I find with this is that the worlds get progressively harder (ie: KoS is harder than AK, and B is harder than KoS)... and so it seems that the hardest level in KoS (which is Powerslave) isn't as hard as the hardest level in Underworld (which is Number of the Beast or Game of Death) and on that token, wouldn't drop as much good stuff (and by good stuff, I mean 3* evo runes/shards).

At end game, we're going to want to farm the hardest level we can (Game of Death)... and that will get us the best droprate of 3* evo runes/shards... but it will not get us red/green/blue runes. I see this as a bit of a problem.

What I would like to see is, when you're at end game... all the worlds become balanced in terms of difficulty so that Powerslave madness in KoS is just as difficult as Game of Death madness in U. That way they both give you the same chances of dropping 3* evo runes/shards, and your choice of which world to farm is based on what color runes/shards you need. This will also reduce the monotony of always farming the same damn level in Underworld over and over and over again. You will then have four different worlds that (at each worlds respective level) have the same difficulty levels and give you the same drop chances, and the only differences are what colors they give you. It would be a bit like the Time Rift dungeons... only with the Cosmos worlds and you don't need to wait for the right day to get the color you want.

Now this would require that the difficulty of each world to increase as you level up in the game (so that Ailing Kingdom is beatable for someone just starting the game, but then is still relevant and as challenging as all the higher levels when you're at end game). This could either be done as you gain XP... or it could happen when you unlock each of the secret levels (so that once you have eventually unlocked all of the secret levels... then all of the worlds will have an equal gradient of difficulty going from the first level to the last level of each world).

I feel that in the back of my head, I've always wanted this. I think of it every day when I defeat the secret levels... I'm always like "why isn't the secret level in Ailing Kingdom madness just as hard as the one in Underworld Madness". Ailing Kingdom is boring for the end game player because it's so easy and we only do it for the gold and drop bonus, but it's fun to spend some time in Ailing Kingdom (and all of the other worlds) because the art is cool, and they all have different enemies. The variation is great. This would give us reason to spend an equal amount of time in all of the worlds.

Sorry for the novel... but what do you guys think of all this?
    OpticSugar-0227

OS
    iOS
    Not sure if I like the difficulty scaling as I relie on those easy quick matches for getting through my 50 troopers every day. I use those levels espessially after the update because I can do them fast. Time is the issues. As for the more difficult for he lvl in madness on underworld it doesn't really seem to matter the drop rates seem to be the same. I always thought that game of death was supposed to have one of the best drop rates but listening to other that doesn't seem to be the case.

I kinda like your idea but I think when they get around to new content of the drops will be moved around. This is what they have done every time so far.
    Eagleknight-9103

I'm Back.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagleknight View Post
    Not sure if I like the difficulty scaling as I relie on those easy quick matches for getting through my 50 troopers every day. I use those levels espessially after the update because I can do them fast. Time is the issues.
    You could always play lower levels, or play on normal difficulty in each world for faster/easier matches.
    OpticSugar-0227

OS
    iOS
    I like madness because of the possible drops of rainbow evolutions. I want my cake and I want to eat it to. At this point I don't want them to make any drastic play changes like greying out lvls and making them more difficult. If that was attempted i predict massive playing bugs.
    Eagleknight-9103

I'm Back.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagleknight View Post
    I like madness because of the possible drops of rainbow evolutions. I want my cake and I want to eat it to. At this point I don't want them to make any drastic play changes like greying out lvls and making them more difficult. If that was attempted i predict massive playing bugs.
    what are you the clairvoyant now?
    OpticSugar-0227

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by OpticSugar View Post
    yeah, I appreciate the devs' efforts to make the drops more predictable (by putting two different colors available at each world)... but I get the sense that it wasn't really that well thought out. The problem I find with this is that the worlds get progressively harder (ie: KoS is harder than AK, and B is harder than KoS)... and so it seems that the hardest level in KoS (which is Powerslave) isn't as hard as the hardest level in Underworld (which is Number of the Beast or Game of Death) and on that token, wouldn't drop as much good stuff (and by good stuff, I mean 3* evo runes/shards).

At end game, we're going to want to farm the hardest level we can (Game of Death)... and that will get us the best droprate of 3* evo runes/shards... but it will not get us red/green/blue runes. I see this as a bit of a problem.

What I would like to see is, when you're at end game... all the worlds become balanced in terms of difficulty so that Powerslave madness in KoS is just as difficult as Game of Death madness in U. That way they both give you the same chances of dropping 3* evo runes/shards, and your choice of which world to farm is based on what color runes/shards you need. This will also reduce the monotony of always farming the same damn level in Underworld over and over and over again. You will then have four different worlds that (at each worlds respective level) have the same difficulty levels and give you the same drop chances, and the only differences are what colors they give you. It would be a bit like the Time Rift dungeons... only with the Cosmos worlds and you don't need to wait for the right day to get the color you want.

Now this would require that the difficulty of each world to increase as you level up in the game (so that Ailing Kingdom is beatable for someone just starting the game, but then is still relevant and as challenging as all the higher levels when you're at end game). This could either be done as you gain XP... or it could happen when you unlock each of the secret levels (so that once you have eventually unlocked all of the secret levels... then all of the worlds will have an equal gradient of difficulty going from the first level to the last level of each world).

I feel that in the back of my head, I've always wanted this. I think of it every day when I defeat the secret levels... I'm always like "why isn't the secret level in Ailing Kingdom madness just as hard as the one in Underworld Madness". Ailing Kingdom is boring for the end game player because it's so easy and we only do it for the gold and drop bonus, but it's fun to spend some time in Ailing Kingdom (and all of the other worlds) because the art is cool, and they all have different enemies. The variation is great. This would give us reason to spend an equal amount of time in all of the worlds.

Sorry for the novel... but what do you guys think of all this?
    in theory this is a great i idea, but i'm afraid that this would be too complicated to create. won't imagine which bugs they would install :-)
    but i think you have a good point with the unbalanced drops in the different worlds. it seems that the last level got a much better dropchance, but i need more time for testing this. that's why it will be difficult to evolve some talismans due to lack of other lower * material. but this is a huge improvement so far, i'm positive that there will be some ways to go on.

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.