Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS
    Android

Since when did "Up The Iron's" got SO politically correct?

On the video Can I Play with Madness, the clairvoyant is a dude... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kvqr366Op3k in the game it's a woman...
    I have no issue with women at all (I love y'a) but it seems Maiden who "never went " commercial just outdid Metallica!
    EdManDan-3345
    "And at the finish it's prick followed by the wanker, followed by, ah, cunt with arsehole finishing a close fourth."
    Someone at the background (probably Steve): Why did you say that?
    (Bruce laughs)

Holy crap who cares?

Seriously, in all likelihood the person who did the art assets for the game probably had either not seen that video or if he had, had forgotten that specific point. I really doubt this is a matter of political correctness (an accusation that is most often thrown around by people angry that their privilege to be bigots is being eroded) and more that whoever was designing the characters had an image in his mind of what a clairvoyant would look like and it ended up being a female.

It's a pretty bold and scummy accusation to sit here accusing Iron Maiden of selling out over a likely unintentional gender swap.

Kindly go back to loving women who you don't want showing up in your games.

OS
    Android
    Well I care and I thank you for your response.

First you assume too much. Any Maiden fan knows that the "clairvoyant" is a dude... Time stamped 1988.... My point is that Bruce said that they would never go commercial... and they did!
    EdManDan-3345
    "And at the finish it's prick followed by the wanker, followed by, ah, cunt with arsehole finishing a close fourth."
    Someone at the background (probably Steve): Why did you say that?
    (Bruce laughs)

Quote Originally Posted by EdManDan View Post
    Well I care and I thank you for your response.

First you assume too much. Any Maiden fan knows that the "clairvoyant" is a dude... Time stamped 1988.... My point is that Bruce said that they would never go commercial... and they did!
    Huh? Explain how? Are female clairvoyants commercial somehow? i'm a bit confused with your accusation.

Legacy
    OS
    Android
    Lol, EdManDan, I would never noticed that

Just because the clairvoyant is a woman in game doesn't mean that it's not in line with Maiden lore. While I'm sure the band signed off on the game they did not create it themselves and that does not mean they sold out. Does it really matter one way or the other?

OS
    Android
    *applause for Mistikman-3331*

Isn't that "The Prophet"?

Quote Originally Posted by Kulimar View Post
    Isn't that "The Prophet"?
    Ahaha, I hadn't really looked at the lyrics to the song and it didn't really dawn on me, but yes, you are absolutely right. "Can I Play With Madness?" does not once refer to The Clairvoyant, but does reference The Prophet, which reasonably would be an entirely different person.

I mean The Clairvoyant does include the line "But for all his power couldn't foresee his own demise" so sure, The Clairvoyant would still be male, but it's still such a weird insignificant thing to get all bent out of shape over.

Maybe because in the game she has a connection to her brother and it flows better than 2 brothers.