Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Grinding list

Arrow Grinding list

Hi there!

For some reason, I keep getting my arse handed to me in the 3rd world (the one with the tank).
    Then I saw my trooper buddies with all those nice stats and talismans, so he is my question.

Where do you guys grind for talismans/shards/souls?
    What is the best area to farm goodies (I currently grind in the first world on Madness level)?

Just curious about your methods.
    Oh also keep in mind that I "only" have a 3* Eddie, so I won't be able to do the same farm as someone with a lvl100 5* Eddie.
    Although any advice on how to setup a good team is welcome too!

OS
    Android
    This info would be v welcome for me too

Yes, it's really hard to find the evolution shards required to go from 3 star to 4 star. REALLY HARD. I have been grinding all sorts of levels for a couple of days (I can't count how many times I've run certain missions) and still 1 short on the 2 star green shard. Just give you context of how much I'm grinding, I have 12 2-star evolution shards (white), an average of 25 1-star shards of all colors (except white which I have over 50). My talismans are maxed out ( I have had to sell a ton), and an average of 30 evolution runes of each color. In addition, most of my characters that I use have talismans at 3-stars, level 30. I have 2 eddies at 3 star level 60, my soldier just upgraded to 3 stars and I have enough shards to level him to level 60 instantly. My support character that I use are almost maxed as well, and still no 2-star green evolution shard. If I don't get it It will be really hard for me to advance without the help of troopers.

They really need to come up with a system to fix this. I love Maiden and this game is fun, but it will get old really quick if I can't advance (grinding nonstop gets old fast). I can imagine non-maiden fans who like the game can become quickly discouraged and stop playing if they were in my shoes (and I'm sure a lot of people are in the same boat). I hope they implement a system to combine 1-star shards and turn them into 2 star shards. It would really help.

I'm level 30 with a 3 star speed of light eddy and can just now farm first battle in normal underworld to start getting upgrade materials. I just keep grinding out levels and improving talismans on a battle I can beat when I get stuck. Not much else you can do, while waiting for timers on secret areas and trooper badges

OS
    Android
    @Vaseodin "grinding nonstop gets old fast"
    You're not wrong there kid.

OS
    Android
    Copying my response from another thread -

The game team is aware that it can be hard to find the evolution shards you need in order to evolve your main characters. That being said, it is possible for evolution shards to drop anywhere, so just re-playing the hardest levels you're able to beat is a good way to get more loot and level up your non-max characters.

We will be releasing a feature in the near future that will allow you to specifically hunt the evolution shards you need. Unfortunately I can't share more than that right now but we are excited to release this feature as soon as we can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaseodin View Post
    I hope they implement a system to combine 1-star shards and turn them into 2 star shards. It would really help.
    Great suggestion, I have forwarded it to the game team.

OS
    iOS
    Great to hear Lamia. I just posted the "trade-up" suggestion in another post.

Zuuhl - Ally choices have been the main thing that has helped me forward in progression. That being said farming is a huge part of it and the right talismans for your Eddie/Ally make a huge difference. Faming them is a pain but use the tool tip drop down and always farm the hardest area you can for the best chances for drops. I still lack several *2 but as I can farm Powerslave Madness and Battlefield Hard, I mainly stick to those to farm and I have noticed and increase in *2 drops. The difficulty ramps up quite fast after Powerslave so that is when you need to start farming and replaying the prior areas to get to Hard and Madness. Although my Eddie/Allies are only *3 60 I was able to get all the way to Underworld NOTB but cannot yet beat it. Just keep farming and don't get frustrated. Also I used your Hero today :P

As far as grinding evolution shards, I farm the "Combat Red" battle in the battlefield world. Every time I do that battle, I get either a random 2*, or one of the elusive yellow 1* shards needed for soldier Eddie's evolution to 3*....Hope this helps

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightowl View Post
    As far as grinding evolution shards, I farm the "Combat Red" battle in the battlefield world. Every time I do that battle, I get either a random 2*, or one of the elusive yellow 1* shards needed for soldier Eddie's evolution to 3*....Hope this helps
    Are you doing this in Normal, Hard or Madness mode?

I've had some luck getting 2* shards (specific color and the generic ones) on "Road to Ruin" (the first Underworld battle) on Normal.