Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Trystangst View Post
    Physical damage is the red numbers. Usually boosted with ATK and resisted with DEF.
    True damage is the white numbers. It isn't reduced by DEF or MR, but I'm not sure how it's increased if the description doesn't say (for instance Dog of War deals True damage, but scales off of HP).
    Thanks for that clarifcation! I was actually wondering the same thing.

OS
    iOS
    Yeah, thanks for that clarification!

Quote Originally Posted by BillLion View Post
    Thanks! I was also considering this, but was conflicted because of the "physical" and "true damage" (btw: do you know the difference between the 2?). However, I've seen a build where someone boosted his attack with fierce talismans and I was underwhelmed. And that is the only one I've played with so I haven't been as impressed w/ this character. But I think he can be good. Revive is definitely an attractive feature.
    The reason your Trooper's Eddie didn't do great damage is because they put red talismans on him. Although he does physical damage he doesn't benefit from the "attack" Stat like other characters.his damage is physical but is based on percentage of his HP (the full hp, not his base hp stat). I wouldn't put a pair of holy talismans, as he doesn't have m(any?) skills that do magic damage. It would be a waste to use up a slot with talisman that caps hp at 1100 hp and 114 Def vs. Another health (overwhelmimg) thatcaps out at 6800 hp and 114 Def.. I have tested mummy Eddie extensively and I can assure you he does more damage with a boosted health (and survives better) than if he had Holy talismans with a large Magic stat.

To also answer your other question, physical damage is mitigated by enemy DEF stat, while true damage ignores Def and magic Def, making true damage the best form of damage. The reason I say this is that your true damage will always hurt the amount it's support to hurt even if fighting an enemy with high defensive stats (like pharaoh dog king). The physical damage will do less against characters with high DEF (most characters have higher Def than magic def).

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaseodin View Post
    The reason your Trooper's Eddie didn't do great damage is because they put red talismans on him. Although he does physical damage he doesn't benefit from the "attack" Stat like other characters.his damage is physical but is based on percentage of his HP (the full hp, not his base hp stat). I wouldn't put a pair of holy talismans, as he doesn't have m(any?) skills that do magic damage. It would be a waste to use up a slot with talisman that caps hp at 1100 hp and 114 Def vs. Another health (overwhelmimg) thatcaps out at 6800 hp and 114 Def.. I have tested mummy Eddie extensively and I can assure you he does more damage with a boosted health (and survives better) than if he had Holy talismans with a large Magic stat.

To also answer your other question, physical damage is mitigated by enemy DEF stat, while true damage ignores Def and magic Def, making true damage the best form of damage. The reason I say this is that your true damage will always hurt the amount it's support to hurt even if fighting an enemy with high defensive stats (like pharaoh dog king). The physical damage will do less against characters with high DEF (most characters have higher Def than magic def).
    Thank you for the insight. His only magic attack is also his only AOE attack which made that attractive to me. But what you're saying about his damages based on the HP stat. I've got a lot of work to do on Pharaoh before he's ready for primetime! But I hope he'll be worth the investment.

Also, your damage clarification was extremely helpful. Thanks for taking the time to answer that!

Thank you for the insight. His only magic attack is also his only AOE attack which made that attractive to me. But what you're saying about his damages based on the HP stat. I've got a lot of work to do on Pharaoh before he's ready for primetime! But I hope he'll be worth the investment.

Also, your damage clarification was extremely helpful. Thanks for taking the time to answer that!
    Yeah I didn't realize that was his only AOE. So you may have to make a decision on how to build him. It seems that AOE is the only ability where the damage is NOT based on Def and HP, and it's your shield as well (based on your Magic stat). So you can even out his abilities and get mediocre damage across the board, sacrifice his AOE to really boost all of his other skills (you can mitigate this by pairing him with 2 AOE allies), or you can just make his AOE/ Shield strong and sacrifice all of his other abilities (probably the worst choice). This is probably the reason they require you to use a blue talisman (to at least have some damage on that skill). I would maximize that 1 blue one and make sure you get the most magic out of it. This is a common problem with some characters where their skills are too spread out across many stats for them to be effective. The green pyro soldier is another I can think of that has this problem.

By the way, I currently recommend using Health Talisman (overwhelming) on him, but that is mostly because the Stone Talisman (overwhelming) is currently bugged. The Stone Talisman is supposed to boost your defense by 1% of HP (which is over 10k at max), meaning 4 stone talismans will boost your defense by over 600 total (making you very good at surviving against red characters). But the stone talisman doesn't give you the bonus defense based on HP. Hopefully this bug will be fixed soon as the stone talisman seems like the best choice for this guy.
    Last edited by Vaseodin; 08-01-2016 at 06:08 PM.

OS
    iOS
    Yeah I didn't realize that was his only AOE. So you may have to make a decision on how to build him. It seems that AOE is the only ability where the damage is NOT based on Def and HP, and it's your shield as well (based on your Magic stat). So you can even out his abilities and get mediocre damage across the board, sacrifice his AOE to really boost all of his other skills (you can mitigate this by pairing him with 2 AOE allies), or you can just make his AOE/ Shield strong and sacrifice all of his other abilities (probably the worst choice). This is probably the reason they require you to use a blue talisman (to at least have some damage on that skill). I would maximize that 1 blue one and make sure you get the most magic out of it. This is a common problem with some characters where their skills are too spread out across many stats for them to be effective. The green pyro soldier is another I can think of that has this problem.

By the way, I currently recommend using Health Talisman (overwhelming) on him, but that is mostly because the Stone Talisman (overwhelming) is currently bugged. The Stone Talisman is supposed to boost your defense by 1% of HP (which is over 10k at max), meaning 4 stone talismans will boost your defense by over 600 total (making you very good at surviving against red characters). But the stone talisman doesn't give you the bonus defense based on HP. Hopefully this bug will be fixed soon as the stone talisman seems like the best choice for this guy.
    Glad you were able to decipher my last post. I realized afterwards that I had accidentally hacked off part of a sentence rendering it incoherent.

Taking your suggestion I currently have 4 overwhelming health talismans in him and 2 holy power talismans (one is required). I may sub out the second one after I develop the talismans (all are only level 3 at the moment).

I could have had more gold to take the talismans further but I recently got stuck making progress isn Underworld on the hard level. I came to a grinding halt so I have leveled my allied soldier (who i was not using to level 4) and just got Pharaoh in the process.

It'll be awhile before he's good enough to be my lead, but I'm hoping he'll be good with some TLC!

Edit add: I only have one stone talisman right now, but my sub these in the future when I get more if it helps.

OS
    iOS
    I posted this on a thread about visions eddie, but it also makes sense to discuss here:

I have one trooper with a well built visions eddie and would tend to agree, it's just not the best character in the game.

I have a similar question about Pharaoh Eddie. I drew him a few days ago and he is my only 5* hero. I had several other characters being developed so I've been trying to put all other efforts into him. So far I'm finding him lackluster in terms of damage. A GREAT feature is his ability to revive/heal all allies. I wonder if he's good to have simply as an alternate for that (and to sustain heavy damage).

Would you place Pharaoh Eddie in the same category as Visions Eddie, or do I just need to be patient and wait for him to be maxed? (He's currently at level 54 and his talismans are half 3s & half 4s, which I'm pumping up daily).

It's really hard to judge a lot of these characters until you've got them evolved/leveled/equipped. Dog of War is pointless when it's 3* with 3* talismans. But get it to 5* with 5* Talismans, and it's a force to be reckoned with.

I posted this on a thread about visions eddie, but it also makes sense to discuss here:

I have one trooper with a well built visions eddie and would tend to agree, it's just not the best character in the game.

I have a similar question about Pharaoh Eddie. I drew him a few days ago and he is my only 5* hero. I had several other characters being developed so I've been trying to put all other efforts into him. So far I'm finding him lackluster in terms of damage. A GREAT feature is his ability to revive/heal all allies. I wonder if he's good to have simply as an alternate for that (and to sustain heavy damage).

Would you place Pharaoh Eddie in the same category as Visions Eddie, or do I just need to be patient and wait for him to be maxed? (He's currently at level 54 and his talismans are half 3s & half 4s, which I'm pumping up daily).
    The Pharoah kind of works much better than Visions Eddie in almost every way. The Visions Eddie Fury skill would be a devastating move if he didn't stun himself for 2 turns, but stunning ALL foes for 1 turn may be all you need if you have 2 allies that do high damage. I recommend pairing ALL green Eddies with high damage allies. The green characters are survivors and they play support. I think Pharaoh Eddie is at least much better than Visions Eddie in just about every department. This is why I would sacrifice his AOE damage attack by not using more than 1 blue talisman. Keep 'em green and keep 'em high on HP and Def. This will boost your single attack damage and will help most of your skills. If you prefer your Eddie to be the damage dealer, then none of the green ones are for you. I think if you want to keep him on the sidelines and bring him in to revive, heal, and take some hits then go for it. Some people like the playstyle that the green Eddies provide (I'm one of those people and I love Mummy and Pharaoh Eddie), but most don't .

OS
    iOS
    The Pharoah kind of works much better than Visions Eddie in almost every way. The Visions Eddie Fury skill would be a devastating move if he didn't stun himself for 2 turns, but stunning ALL foes for 1 turn may be all you need if you have 2 allies that do high damage. I recommend pairing ALL green Eddies with high damage allies. The green characters are survivors and they play support. I think Pharaoh Eddie is at least much better than Visions Eddie in just about every department. This is why I would sacrifice his AOE damage attack by not using more than 1 blue talisman. Keep 'em green and keep 'em high on HP and Def. This will boost your single attack damage and will help most of your skills. If you prefer your Eddie to be the damage dealer, then none of the green ones are for you. I think if you want to keep him on the sidelines and bring him in to revive, heal, and take some hits then go for it. Some people like the playstyle that the green Eddies provide (I'm one of those people and I love Mummy and Pharaoh Eddie), but most don't .
    That makes a lot of sense. I think he'll need to be my back-up for revive/heal until I level him up enough and level up with some higher damage allies. It's good to know he's no Visions Eddie Pt. 2