Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Ancient Mariner View Post
    Ok so for once i wanted to directly test if it is more important - in order to get more damage - to increase DEF, which FOTD Eddie's abilities are based on, or the ATT parameter.
    To do so, i upgraded to the max 2 Iron talismans and interchanged them with the 2 Guardian talismans i already had in my set.

The result is that i got more damage with 4x Guardian talismans, than with 2x Guardian talismans + 2x Iron talismans.

This means that ATT is more important than DEF in the end.

Wasted some evo runes for this test, but at least now i know what's the better set up: the 20% ATT bonus given by guardian talismans is better than the Iron's 15% to DEF (of course, all of this considering that even if it doesn't appear in the DEF bonuses, it still applies like i've read somewhere)
    At lvl 100 FotD Eddie has the following:

HP - 10938
    ATK - 393
    DEF - 931
    MAGIC - 230
    MR - 230
    SPECIAL - 337

Using 3 Guardian (needed for guardian bonus) and 3 Iron build the bonus is as follows:

20% defense (186.20) + 15% defense for 2 iron (139.65) for a total bonus Defensive add of 325.85

Using Iron and Stone build the bonus is as follows:

15% defense (139.65) + 15% defense (139.65) + 1% HP (109.38) for a total bonus Defensive add of 388.68

I would expect the Iron and Stone build to be a bit stronger based upon bonuses.

OS
    Android
    Actually you only need 2 Iron/Guardian talismans to get the bonus, not 3... and the 20% Guardian's bonus goes to ATT (it is only calculated on DEF).

My reasoning was all about getting the max damage though: of course if you set 2 iron talismans you will get more defense, but the damage dealt will be lower, so that means that the ATT parameter affects the damage more than the DEF does, even though the abilities' damage scales with DEF
    Last edited by Ancient Mariner; 11-15-2016 at 04:40 PM.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Ancient Mariner View Post
    Actually you only need 2 Iron/Guardian talismans to get the bonus, not 3... and the 20% Guardian's bonus goes to ATT (it is only calculated on DEF).

My reasoning was all about getting the max damage though: of course if you set 2 iron talismans you will get more defense, but the damage dealt will be lower, so that means that the ATT parameter affects the damage more than the DEF does, even though the abilities' damage scales with DEF
    Ah, I see what what you mean. Attack scaling adds more than Defense scaling. Wish the devs would be more clear on these things.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by MuadDib-7367 View Post
    Ah, I see what what you mean. Attack scaling adds more than Defense scaling. Wish the devs would be more clear on these things.
    Well I think thats part of the plan, to get us to do our own testing to see what it scales more with. Personally, i dont mind a little of the 'unknown', it can be fun trying to work things out. But where you have scaling that isnt mentioned (in the damage type, or the description), then thats either a bug, or the description should be improved!
    Gringo-4930
    MOFO

Currently grinding for:
    Odin(s) - Freya - Scrooge (Slauki) Ed / Moar Yggs

OS
    Android
    To clarify with Draining Growth if there are no negative effects then it does not heal at all correct? Or have i been misinterrperating the description?

OS
    Android
    I've got him yesterday!

Cool dude!
    Add me: Moonchild-9889

OS
    Android
    I tried the following talisman mix (all maxed at 50):

4x Iron (Fierce)
    2x Stone (Overwhelming)

But it wasn't doing as much damage as:

4x Guardian (Fierce)
    2x Stone (Overwhelming)

Has anyone else had the same experience?

Also, has anyone tried using Burning talismans to combo with the Fury heal?

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Fudjo View Post
    I tried the following talisman mix (all maxed at 50):

4x Iron (Fierce)
    2x Stone (Overwhelming)

But it wasn't doing as much damage as:

4x Guardian (Fierce)
    2x Stone (Overwhelming)

Has anyone else had the same experience?

Also, has anyone tried using Burning talismans to combo with the Fury heal?
    yeah time ago i noted the difference in damage points and wrote it here, probably just a few pages back.
    If you mean to lead more damage, it's better to equip him with guardians rather than iron talismans

OS
    Android
    Ok, thanks! I wanted to make sure I wasn't imagining things.

OS
    Android
    Ughhh more talismans i have to upgrade! Sounds like my 2x iron 2x strength and 2x health isnt optimal!