Page 26 of 45 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypnos View Post
    Although most of us here have really enjoyed the update and are thankful the devs brought out something new and fresh, the fear of the dark missions have really been a complete waste of time.

After completing the missions for the first time and receiving some great loot, spending 10 SoT on a minuscule chance of receiving a rare soul is substantially worse than playing the time rift. Even after playing fear of the dark madness well over a hundred times, I am yet to see a rare gunner/assassin soul or a skill shard!

At least with the dungeons, one has the chance of getting 3* evo shards and 5* shards to level characters for less SoT. To receive a 1* rainbow evo rune after spending 10 SoT is truly an insult.

Please devs, increase the drop rate of premium loot for the remainder of the event to make the fear of the dark missions worth the time and effort.
    I got a few rare souls in over a hundred runs but also no Gunner/Assassin soul and no Skill Shards ...

I really don't want to complain at all as I got some really great stuff from this update but I also see the point that some people must be frustrated with the drops in the Halloween event. One 1* Evo rune for talismans is really not great considering one invested 10 SoT ...

But that update also went through my stash ... all souls gone, Ironite is low but I could harvest a good amount of gold ...
    Last edited by hold; 10-31-2016 at 04:03 PM.

OS
    Android
    I don't want to complain either, but these poor drops in Fear of the Dark, is this how it was supposed to be? Or is it a bug that can be fixed?

OS
    iOS
    some bugs i have noticed - grim reaper : harvest - does not drain power from enemy team only increases your power. fury : will not revive if the opponents are killed with the fury move. Also, green golden son s heal shield does not work - does not heal

OS
    iOS

app size

This game is taking up a lot of room all of a sudden. I am not sure how much space it was eating up before the update from a few days ago, but now it is clocking in at 1.6 gb, 1.4gb under documents and data on my iOS device. Is this supposed to be that way?

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparton_LOTB View Post
    Thank you for your thorough response. I will be sure to share it with the team when we're all back in the office.

What I can say myself is while we are adding new characters as fast as possible, and at all kinds of rarities, the fact of the matter is people are easily getting hundreds of souls every week, and in some peoples cases dozens of Rare Souls or better (especially at a time right now, where many long term players have gotten hundreds of ironite from limited time packs and achievements, plus other Rare Souls from achievements + the event location). We allow players to get way more souls than there are characters, so it's impossible to not end up with lots of duplicates.

While we really want to get something like Sacrifice out as soon as possible, we ultimately feel that needing more activities is also really important, which is why we wanted to do something like we've done for Halloween. It's a difficult balance, though, and everyone involved (you as players and we as developers) want to do more, and do it faster, and do it better... but there's only so much time in the day.
    Sparton

No problem, anytime... That's OK to have the duplicates - everybody has them as it's hard to avoid... Yet I am speaking not about duplicates in general, but duplicates within one rare souls pack... If you're getting 4x the same character of total number 10 of them is way too many, especially if you need to use 675 ironities/or real money in your currency... So... If you set prices at desired (by you devs) level, please make your product/offer valuable but not because of the price - yet because potential buyer/your customer CAN GET in real...

You're acting like you just been interested in short term income... Please be aware that lower prices generating greater demand for any product/service in longterm period in general... This is basic and simple economy... You know why? Because if the price is set not too high people not being afraid to RISK THAT MUCH, even if not getting what they want, they will be trying...

But if you set price for about 100€ for some souls, gold, ironities, skillshards (everything can be acquired FOR FREE using other options) and one and only thing valuable is legendary soul through which you can get 4* Rock Golem (mine obtained from activities gave me this ''legendary'' character - in what kind, such character is legendary anyway? This means something exceptional, amazing, outstanding, unique, one of the kind to me... Like Iron Maiden for example... Can you compare these two really? Rock Golem is not an Eddie, nor great Ally - simply USELESS... So... if you DARE to say something's legendary, so be it! '''So it shall be written, so it shall be done'' - to quote some classic... But OK blame my bad luck - I could give another try, but not for such price, sorry... Besides... Afraid to shoot another golem afterall...

The [I]activities[I/]... What do you mean by that, please? My activity or my wallet? Well... My wallet is safe as you blocked me possibility to buy anything from the store for money... I thought that I coud show my gratitude to you for giving me that much cool items for free, that actually might be buy something, yet it happen not possible... Saving your souls by taking your money? Certainly - not you! #Respect

As it goes for my activity... I play A LOT daily, giving all trooper points, clearing achivements, secret places, dungeons, spending a lot of ironities to refill Sands of Time... Already being at lvl. 90 - of course can't stand with those above that level... Yet in my opinion I AM pretty much involved to the game... And still can't get Fear Of The Dark Eddie... I know that everything is about to luck - yet from my perspective is NOT fair... I can't get not a single one, other can get four of 'em - because having ''luck''...

I was very much PLEASED and HAPPY while could get Grime Reaper Eddie off clearing some tasks listed upon achivements section... Cool! I took my time and some efforts, did what's needed to be done - and that's my reward... Fair and square... And that's should be - the game SHOULD BE rewarding players who really trying their best and making fun of play... Achivements - fantastic move! But with this FOTD Eddie? Greater chance? Again - what you mean by ''greater chance''? It's seems that everybody having the similar chances to get it, yet some have more greater than others and statistically everything's correct again...

But - still - make happy everyone who participates in such event, at least try, ok? Make even some hard requirements, yet please DO make the Eddies being available through some achivements, not some blind luck!
    Witkacy-2631

In today's event: Flushy Tuesday you may try for one & only 25:

Hallow Ed

Don't worry be harpy

OS
    Android
    Hey! First of all, I'm enjoying this update... a lot. I stopped playing a while back and to my surprise, some changes made the game better, which is a lot to say.

BUT, the legendary soul is still a joke. By no means someone should get a pyro soldier or some other same tier character from it.

What I would do is, allow legendary souls to give ONLY 5*s non Eddie characters or 4*/above Eddie characters. Or even create an "inside" tier discrimination value and remove pyro soldier, soulless demons, the magus dog and every other low tier characters from the legendary soul.

Regarding FotD Eddie, I've opened at least 20 sentinel souls alone, without counting rare souls, and I got 5 FIVE green soulless demons.

Either way, I feel that the game is back on its course. Hope to see it get better.

Cheers!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnos View Post
    Although most of us here have really enjoyed the update and are thankful the devs brought out something new and fresh, the fear of the dark missions have really been a complete waste of time.

After completing the missions for the first time and receiving some great loot, spending 10 SoT on a minuscule chance of receiving a rare soul is substantially worse than playing the time rift. Even after playing fear of the dark madness well over a hundred times, I am yet to see a rare gunner/assassin soul or a skill shard!

At least with the dungeons, one has the chance of getting 3* evo shards and 5* shards to level characters for less SoT. To receive a 1* rainbow evo rune after spending 10 SoT is truly an insult.

Please devs, increase the drop rate of premium loot for the remainder of the event to make the fear of the dark missions worth the time and effort.
    I don't think we'll be able to make further changes to this event while it's running right now, but we're taking into account the feedback and participation from you and others for future events.

This is definitely new ground for our operation of the game at Nodding Frog, so we're really open to suggestions and thinking about how we can do this kind of thing better (including making new kinds of reward structures that more people find appealing).

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Maybe the cool drops were the reward for completing the event first time in each difficult only? Because after the first play I got absolutely nothing the event promisses. If that's the case, please devs next time say it clear...
    Rare Souls, Rare Gun/Assassin Souls, Skill Shards, and Vampiric Talismans are all possible to farm (with varying degrees of rarity) in the difficulties they're noted to drop in in our full screen images in-game/in the first post of this thread. Anecdotally, I've had reports of all of those dropping past the first time clears (once we fixed the issue of things sometimes not dropping at all for the first few hours that the event was live), so nothing is missing from the drop tables.

Quote Originally Posted by maxdeviations View Post
    some bugs i have noticed - grim reaper : harvest - does not drain power from enemy team only increases your power. fury : will not revive if the opponents are killed with the fury move. Also, green golden son s heal shield does not work - does not heal
    • We've logged the bug internally for Harvest
    • We cannot reproduce the Fury bug you noted... perhaps you didn't notice that a character that wasn't revived was killed with Permadeath?
    • We've logged the bug internally for Dancing Sun

Thanks for passing those along!

Quote Originally Posted by Witkacy View Post
    Sparton

[Lots of great comments]

But - still - make happy everyone who participates in such event, at least try, ok? Make even some hard requirements, yet please DO make the Eddies being available through some achivements, not some blind luck!
    There's a lot to digest here, some of which I've touched on earlier in the thread, but a few quick points based on your comments:

• The starter Rock Golem never drops as a 4 star (he's a nat 3). You might be confusing him with the Sentinel Soulless Demon, which is something of a sleeper hit for everyone I've heard who's played around with him
    • We plan on experimenting with pricing, but obviously if we release something at a very low price point and it performs poorly, we're in a situation where people will complain if we raise the price to somewhere that performs well, or having to stick with a very low price point that hurts the long term viability of the game. There's a difficult balance here to strike that works best for the most amount of players while still letting us keep the lights on... despite what might seem intuitive, a race to the bottom in pricing does not always work (ironically a side effect I've seen my entire career in mobile gaming, which spans the history of the Apple App Store)
    • By activities, we mean different things you do in the game... different dungeons to challenge, new types of game modes to play (competitive, like PVP, or cooperative, like massive Trooper battles). Limited time battles like what we're doing this Halloween are one possibility, but maybe in the future there'll be unique daily challenges, or a new kind of minigame for improving talismans... we don't want the game to feel monotonous if you've been playing for months.
    • On the subject of random (Fear of the Dark Eddie from souls) versus consistent (Grim Reaper Eddie from achievements), we want to have both as options in the future, or in some cases hybrids between such approaches (more common "shards" of characters you can more easily measure progress on instead of a rare chance of get it or not). Different things engage different players; we don't want to focus on one kind of player to the detriment of others, but there will always be trade offs, regardless of what we do.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    BUT, the legendary soul is still a joke. By no means someone should get a pyro soldier or some other same tier character from it.

What I would do is, allow legendary souls to give ONLY 5*s non Eddie characters or 4*/above Eddie characters. Or even create an "inside" tier discrimination value and remove pyro soldier, soulless demons, the magus dog and every other low tier characters from the legendary soul.
    Unfortunately, right now we don't have a good way of communicating the full extent of what's possible within a soul. We do have ideas in the future of souls that have a much more limited pool of characters, but I definitely see where you're coming from. Even then, the perceptive value of some characters is not something everyone agrees on, but I still see how maybe Legendary Souls could be adjusted based on what the most obviosuly cool dudes are. I would hate for them to become known as the "Carriage Rider/Fear of the Dark Soul", though. Perhaps once we've sufficiently filled out those higher rarities with more Eddies and high-profile Iron Maiden characters (from our game and from the band's rich history).

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Either way, I feel that the game is back on its course. Hope to see it get better.

Cheers!!!!
    Also... holy cow, you're like a forum legend from before my time here... super happy to see you back man!

OS
    iOS
    I like the event idea. The level and artwork are cool. Having limited characters is a good idea. I couldn't bring myself to play it anymore after Saturday though. I did get a few rare souls and talismans,but the junk! If you didn't get a rare soul it was total garbage. Mostly only one item of trash. 1* items on madness for 10 sot? I would still be farming the event if it didn't have the junk drops. Not everything has to be great but at least 3* on madness, and two items or even three like LoL. make the limited level exciting to play. It's only there for a few days anyway
    MrFreeze-6530

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparton_LOTB View Post
    I don't think we'll be able to make further changes to this event while it's running right now, but we're taking into account the feedback and participation from you and others for future events.

This is definitely new ground for our operation of the game at Nodding Frog, so we're really open to suggestions and thinking about how we can do this kind of thing better (including making new kinds of reward structures that more people find appealing).

...different dungeons to challenge, new types of game modes to play (competitive, like PVP, or cooperative, like massive Trooper battles).
    Well, since I would trade my whole inventory for skill shards, would it be possible to add five skulls/goals instead of three, and then i.e if you get 4/5 in one try you get some colored 3* evo shard, and 5/5, or three times in a row 5/5 (of course, Use only basic abilities and Use 5 Power abilities could not go together :P) and you get a Skill shard, 'cause I think they are the most powerful weapon now, besides tactics? Or something like that, or some prizes of equal level?

Also, I am actually soooooooo glad that you are actually thinking about massive Troopers battles, that is one hell of idea someone mentioned in a Facebook group few days ago... And also that one would maybe ask for training court.

Thank you so much once again, and I won't tell you to think about upper idea 'cause I know you will, all of this really took good direction in my humble opinion \m/

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFreeze View Post
    I like the event idea. The level and artwork are cool. Having limited characters is a good idea. I couldn't bring myself to play it anymore after Saturday though. I did get a few rare souls and talismans,but the junk! If you didn't get a rare soul it was total garbage. Mostly only one item of trash. 1* items on madness for 10 sot? I would still be farming the event if it didn't have the junk drops. Not everything has to be great but at least 3* on madness, and two items or even three like LoL. make the limited level exciting to play. It's only there for a few days anyway
    If it was like, 1 skill shard guaranteed in 30 battles that cost 10 SoT, I would gladly use all 2200 of my Ironite on refills without single regret given