Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast
    I think what people want is to make it similar to trading card apps. All "cards" go from 1-5 star, but have different rarities: common, rare, super rare, ultra rare, legendary, etc. and different price points to monetize the character packs. Like 600 ironite for 10 guarantee rares, 2000 ironite for 20 rares+1legendary, etc

I am more than satisfied with the app and devs, they already said they will adjust drop rates as new cards introduced, and I've gotten nice characters without $. And I did spend $ during Halloween promo.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaijester View Post
    Personally, I'm okay with Legendary Soul providing 4* characters but I wish that it will exclusively provide 4*-5* character that is not within our character inventory.
    I'd love to see that as well. Of course it won't be perfect, since it may provide a character from time to time that we've sold, but at least it would be far better than now.

Here's another tweak that would be nice, having legendary souls being tied to whatever the current dungeon is running (or random if no dungeon is). So, I could save my legendary soul for 'warrior day' and know I'm getting a legendary warrior 4-5* that's not in my inventory. I still might get something I've already deleted, but at least I have a good shot at something new, in a class I am seeking and I can sacrifice if it's not interesting to me.

I'd be FAR more easily led to spending money (or otherwise spending time earning) on a higher priced tier with that sort of situation.
    Last edited by PsychoEddie; 11-06-2016 at 03:46 AM.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by lol_der_kalle View Post
    Gonzo is totally right!

If one decides to spend 100€ on a package, he deserves a high value character.
    I´ve paid more then 250€ till now, and got nothing special from it. The only 5 star i got was a Nomad, that came of an ordinary rare soul.

As long as you continue your path, i will not spend a single €.
    I agree with them. I love the game. I approve of some updates and disapprove others, but intend to remain loyal awhile longer.

That said, you guys are writing the seminar on what not to do for generating in-game spending. Frankly I have a disdain for 'store-bought players' opposed to loyal grinders, but the overall strategy makes no sense to me.

A 10 rare soul pack for 99 cents or a legendary soul for $2.99 with the drops you give makes sense. Your pricing with the randomness generated makes little sense. People may pay $9.99 for a certain rare character or $29.99 for a pack of "X-amt" of 5-star eddies, but why pay a penny for a substantial likelihood of vend trash, especially 4-star vend trash billed as "legendary"?

And here's the real spice to this chili: you can't starve players into submission because those of us who have remained have endured and tolerated the crappiest of drops unfazed whereas the others have simply left. On top of that, $x may be a worthwhile investment on some holiday promo characters to spruce up the roster... Until they find they have 2 slots remainng and they will have to part with hard-earned character builds AND money for the evil xmas elf, because devs have spent more time on income-generating characters than setting up a way for players to accommodate such charaters. Suddenly that whimsical purchase becomes a frustrating pass.

Well, let's be honest. There isn't 100 characters that are essential. Less than half that even. Slots are full because devs said too early the sacrifice feature.

Another "trading card app" feature is evolving duplicates. So if you have 2 golden sons, you can evolve them into a stronger/perfect version of golden son.

I'm glad they have not gone this route. Where I have to upgrade my front line characters every month because new content/characters makes them weaker/obsolete

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Nifelheim View Post
    Well, let's be honest. There isn't 100 characters that are essential. Less than half that even. Slots are full because devs said too early the sacrifice feature.

Another "trading card app" feature is evolving duplicates. So if you have 2 golden sons, you can evolve them into a stronger/perfect version of golden son.

I'm glad they have not gone this route. Where I have to upgrade my front line characters every month because new content/characters makes them weaker/obsolete
    I disagree. I have @ 96 characters at present. 2 of them are rare/'legendary' dupes, held in vain hope they too will not be vended to make room. Thanks to the halloween event, I had to make 2 CRs a mummy, and a few others go bye bye to make room, so while I had a small handful of altar bait, 80-85+ of my roster have ALL been evolved and levelled eddies and toons, and I have the 4-star imps, meatheads, ox skulls and floating firearms to prove it.

Sacrifice is absurd today in terms of a practically-anticipated feature. Unless you are a latecomer or a no-nonsense roster butcher with 28 serious characters and 50 sacraficial lambs, you are painted into a corner already. You cannot collect all the existing characters with the slots available as it is. New characters are inbound with no new slots. Even the daily challenge forces more vacancy to ensure that at least ONE new character be retained to level up 10 levels or the daily challenge cannot be met.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingV View Post
    And here's the real spice to this chili: you can't starve players into submission because those of us who have remained have endured and tolerated the crappiest of drops unfazed whereas the others have simply left. On top of that, $x may be a worthwhile investment on some holiday promo characters to spruce up the roster... Until they find they have 2 slots remainng and they will have to part with hard-earned character builds AND money for the evil xmas elf, because devs have spent more time on income-generating characters than setting up a way for players to accommodate such charaters. Suddenly that whimsical purchase becomes a frustrating pass.
    Counter-view: Is it the developer's problem that many players are using allotted character slots like it's a junk drawer in their kitchen? I'm totally fine with this limit as it is now because I've considered the consequences otherwise......for one example, do you want to go into PvP vs someone who has hundreds of slots, no job, and nothing other to do than be obsessed with LOTB? You'll get your ass handed to you unless that person has some sort of significant limit on what can be brought to the battle....sweet jesus, imagine someone who can bring 3 of ANY AND EVERY particular set of characters against you in battle....like 3 nomads plus a Hellhound in support...someone who has 3 of EVERYTHING can be far OP quite easily.

I'm fine with the 100 slots, for now as it puts pressure on me to carefully evaluate what I want to keep and what I want to discard. For example, if it's a toon that pops up pretty much in any batch of regular souls, it's on the chopping block unless it has some very special use. Half of my toons are just there holding talisman sets I want to develop later anyway. Realistically, how many DIFFERENT toons do you use each week compared to the ones gathering dust for the most part?

I'd like to see more slots, but at the same time I'd like to see it balanced vs the number of toons that are available so, for example, the number of slots could grow over time as the amounts of different toons available grows.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEddie View Post
    Counter-view: Is it the developer's problem that many players are using allotted character slots like it's a junk drawer in their kitchen? I'm totally fine with this limit as it is now because I've considered the consequences otherwise......for one example, do you want to go into PvP vs someone who has hundreds of slots, no job, and nothing other to do than be obsessed with LOTB? You'll get your ass handed to you unless that person has some sort of significant limit on what can be brought to the battle....sweet jesus, imagine someone who can bring 3 of ANY AND EVERY particular set of characters against you in battle....like 3 nomads plus a Hellhound in support...someone who has 3 of EVERYTHING can be far OP quite easily.

I'm fine with the 100 slots, for now as it puts pressure on me to carefully evaluate what I want to keep and what I want to discard. For example, if it's a toon that pops up pretty much in any batch of regular souls, it's on the chopping block unless it has some very special use. Half of my toons are just there holding talisman sets I want to develop later anyway. Realistically, how many DIFFERENT toons do you use each week compared to the ones gathering dust for the most part?

I'd like to see more slots, but at the same time I'd like to see it balanced vs the number of toons that are available so, for example, the number of slots could grow over time as the amounts of different toons available grows.
    Counter-counter point(s) LOL:

1. PVP (and Brave New World for that matter) have been 'coming soon' for months. While I would be devestated, I would hardly be shocked if two bad patches/mistakes down the line, the whole game folds before we ever see a single round of PVP played. We are getting pushed, prodded, and nerfed for a currently non-existent feature and that's not making sense when A feature (PVP) should conform to the the game and not the reverse

2. This whole fairness thing in PVP has always been a ridiculous notion in line with how the game has been set up. This is a RANDOM CHANCE game in which skill must be used to contend/overcome. The idea we need a perfectly level playing field for every player (regarding the characters) defies everything about the game. First, if there is zero advantage between players, there is zero incentive to spend money (As detestable as the bought army concept is to me). Second, characters with peaks/valleys smoothed uniformly is boring and makes wins/discoveries pointless.

3. There are ways to make PVP even more enjoyable with uneven potential than uniform. I mentioned this elsewhere. What stops devs from making a better, more interesting PVP (esp for all we have waited/sacrificed for it already)? Why not character-only PVP matches? 4,000 attack restriction trials? Magus-only leagues? This all goes back to the win-win of feature follows game rather than the lose-lose converse.

OS
    Android
    This whole fairness thing in PVP has always been a ridiculous notion in line with how the game has been set up.

This is a RANDOM CHANCE game in which skill must be used to contend/overcome.
    Ok, so we see can clearly see how well you understand this from that you just posted above.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEddie View Post
    Ok, so we see can clearly see how well you understand this from that you just posted above.
    So enlighten me then. You seem upset that someone with more dedication to the game (Hence pulling better chances to get better crews) has a better chance to beat you because you have a ... Job. Solution: use your *job's* earnings to level the playing field and buy the chances the so-called deadbeat earned.

Throw out all the snarky comments you'd like but until you include a cogent argument against what I offered, your input is just that.

OS
    Android
    So enlighten me then. You seem upset that someone with more dedication to the game (Hence pulling better chances to get better crews) has a better chance to beat you because you have a ... Job. Solution: use your *job's* earnings to level the playing field and buy the chances the so-called deadbeat earned.
    That doesn't make any sort of reasonable sense at all. I was pointing out the opposite and you didn't understand what was being clearly communicated whatsoever and you're arguing against yourself at this point.