Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 LastLast
    OS
    iOS
    Pyschoeddie regards your comment about over 100 characters
    Your argument doesn't stand up as even with 100 slots a player can field 3 duplicates and You overlook the probability of the devs adding a no duplicate rule for pvp

the game entails collecting characters to use in fights so it makes no sense for the devs to not have
    Enough slots to collect all available characters

OS
    iOS
    Psychoeddie:

All I see from you is two points ( and feel free to point out #3,4,5... That I missed if you believe otherwise)

1. It's not the devs' problem that players use their slots as a junk drawer?

Yeah? Who made the "junk"? Who keeps buffing/balancing 'junk' to make it unpredictable as to what the wheat and what the chaff is? I am going to disagree with you entirely on this one. It is the dev's problem.

2. What if (God forbid) some jobless wonder has 3 allied generals? Imagine how bad it would suck playing him!

Let's pretend that there is no way to escape this conclusion for a second (and later debunk this nonsense). If there is that one guy, he is the deserved LotB badass, so suck it up and accept your ass-whooping gracefully from one who values the game more than You do. Oh, but there could be 12,000 people who do that. Yeah? Then suck it up and play competitively or pay the premium out of your wallet to run with the big dogs. So far your solution is to whine that certain people *may* exist that are willing to play the game at a more intense level you can commit to, and you want to cut them down rather than rise to their level.

Now let's debunk that nonsense (Again). If a dude has 3 Angels of fear, PVP can have regulations imposed: no more than 3,500 ATTACK points per team, no dupe characters on teams, etc. PVP can do different tiered leagues for these "A-level" players and for the "B-level... yous."

Limiting the slots has NOTHING to do with levelling PVP (Not sensibly anyway) and worse, it hamstrings the LotB bottom line. If 1,000 slots were practical and feasable, a whimsical purchaser could buy any ridiculous toon, eddie, or baubble sold in the LotB store. If 100 slots are locked in, that same player who is 50-80% full of developed/purchased characters is going to tell the LotB staff to jump in the lake with any offering for sale that doesn't dwarf a legendary great by comparison. Great way to stunt development and promote stagnation within the game and the tesm roster.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Roquetas-5312 View Post
    Pyschoeddie regards your comment about over 100 characters
    Your argument doesn't stand up as even with 100 slots a player can field 3 duplicates and You overlook the probability of the devs adding a no duplicate rule for pvp

the game entails collecting characters to use in fights so it makes no sense for the devs to not have
    Enough slots to collect all available characters
    Your reasoning assumes developers will remove the ability for players to use duplicate characters.

Where have you ever seen this stated or implied by developers of this game?

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingV View Post
    Psychoeddie:

All I see from you is two points ( and feel free to point out #3,4,5... That I missed if you believe otherwise)

1. It's not the devs' problem that players use their slots as a junk drawer?

Yeah? Who made the "junk"? Who keeps buffing/balancing 'junk' to make it unpredictable as to what the wheat and what the chaff is? I am going to disagree with you entirely on this one. It is the dev's problem.

2. What if (God forbid) some jobless wonder has 3 allied generals? Imagine how bad it would suck playing him!

Let's pretend that there is no way to escape this conclusion for a second (and later debunk this nonsense). If there is that one guy, he is the deserved LotB badass, so suck it up and accept your ass-whooping gracefully from one who values the game more than You do. Oh, but there could be 12,000 people who do that. Yeah? Then suck it up and play competitively or pay the premium out of your wallet to run with the big dogs. So far your solution is to whine that certain people *may* exist that are willing to play the game at a more intense level you can commit to, and you want to cut them down rather than rise to their level.

Now let's debunk that nonsense (Again). If a dude has 3 Angels of fear, PVP can have regulations imposed: no more than 3,500 ATTACK points per team, no dupe characters on teams, etc. PVP can do different tiered leagues for these "A-level" players and for the "B-level... yous."

Limiting the slots has NOTHING to do with levelling PVP (Not sensibly anyway) and worse, it hamstrings the LotB bottom line. If 1,000 slots were practical and feasable, a whimsical purchaser could buy any ridiculous toon, eddie, or baubble sold in the LotB store. If 100 slots are locked in, that same player who is 50-80% full of developed/purchased characters is going to tell the LotB staff to jump in the lake with any offering for sale that doesn't dwarf a legendary great by comparison. Great way to stunt development and promote stagnation within the game and the tesm roster.
    That doesn't make any sort of reasonable sense at all. I was pointing out the opposite and you didn't understand what was being clearly communicated whatsoever and you're arguing against yourself at this point.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEddie View Post
    Your reasoning assumes developers will remove the ability for players to use duplicate characters.

Where have you ever seen this stated or implied by developers of this game?
    That would be why I used the word probably instead of will

OS
    Android
    That would be why I used the word probably instead of will

Exactly, central to my point(s).

OS
    iOS
    well if you think you're right go away and be happy
    But you are digging yourself a bigger hole to go and crawl into

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEddie View Post
    That doesn't make any sort of reasonable sense at all. I was pointing out the opposite and you didn't understand what was being clearly communicated whatsoever and you're arguing against yourself at this point.
    I literally restated your two points and explained how I would refute them or consider your point wrong. That was your opportunity to point out how I misunderstood what your two points were which you clearly have not done. All you have done so far is parrot the words "you are arguing against yourself "

SHOW ME how I am arguing against myself… Don't simply parrot the statement over and over again to meaninglessness. You see the two points of YOURS above that I brought up and refuted. Either provide clarity to those points showing how I have misunderstood either of them, or feel free to mount a defense to what I have stated regarding your points.

OS
    Android
    well if you think you're right go away and be happy
    But you are digging yourself a bigger hole to go and crawl into
    You're making a fatal mistake by believing this is about what's right and what's wrong as fact.

You'd be doing yourself a great favor by reaching and realizing this about opinion Roquetas, not about reality, it's just about characteristics of a game we'd prefer, that's all.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingV View Post
    SHOW ME how I am arguing against myself
    It's not my job here to point out in detail the stupidity in reasoning a person excels at.