Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by DIEDD View Post
    There are only 5 skill shards to finish mine but I think he needs a rework in his abilities, for example I think guard and magic reflect are useless and I do not understand how skill shards could increase the damage of these abilities.Sorry for bad english...
    Great english! You guys blow me away!
    Those that can...do
    Those that can't...teach
    Silentknight-4997, # of times laid since July/16...lots!!!
    Hahahaha, pathetic that some have to sell themselves as troopers

Quote Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
    This has really been a dead thread

Anyone using this guy? Just scored him with a Sacrificial soul and I'm not seeing the value yet - he seems like another 5* Eddie that needs a rework

Anyone have him maxed who thinks he's awesome?
    I plucked this guy awhile back (Christmas Souls maybe?) and Aces High Eddie is one of my most used Eddies when playing manually, but that's mostly because I like the look/feel of him being a gunslinger. As far as his skills go, his basic attack is the same as Desert Marauders which criticals often enough. Triple Shot is like all of Storm Eddie's skills: Targets random enemies, good damage, if you use it and there's one enemy left they stand no chance. He has Rise (Pharaoh Sun Spirit) and Roulette (Soldier Ed) which are passable healing skills that are not unique to him. His Fury is reasonably powerful and pretty cool looking (love me some Trooper beer!). I don't have a single shard on him though...

There are only 5 skill shards to finish mine but I think he needs a rework in his abilities, for example I think guard and magic reflect are useless and I do not understand how skill shards could increase the damage of these abilities.Sorry for bad english...
    ...and this is why. His last 2 skills are shield skills that require a combined 8 skill shards to max, along with his other skills for a total of 24. I really want to max him since he's one of my favorites, but I can't pump 8 shards into nearly useless skills.

What gets me is that his Guard skill is almost the same exact skill that Warrior Troll has (WT protects all whereas Aces High is protects self). Yet, this one requires 4 skill shards while Warrior Troll requires 0. His other shield is a 2 turn shield that reduces magic damage and reflects physical damage. That requires 4 skill shards? Run To the Hills Eddie (a similarly Damage-based Eddie) has a skill that grants Magic Reflect Shield for the whole battle and it doesn't need any shards!

This is part of a larger issue I have with the haphazard assignment of what requires skill shards and what doesn't. Just a shame that one of my favorite characters has to have 2 useless skills that have this issue.

In short: Can be a fun to use glass cannon, but I wouldn't dump shards into him at this point.

OS
    Android
    Yeah, for those I spent some time thinking before putting skill shards on him, because those two skills are useless. Maybe changing them to aply for all allies or simply change them for some damage skill would be great.
    Last edited by DIEDD; 04-24-2017 at 04:54 PM.
    The Mofo Cult (died31-6484).

OS
    iOS
    I love the Gunner Eddies - Tailgunner and Navigator are two of my favorite Eddies - and have to admit I had fun with this guy tonight.

His fury will be monstrous if maxed. 8 shards towards shields? Agree - that's unfortunate and makes no sense.

Like my Rainmaker - I'm going to put one shard in a week. It will take five months but love the idea of having my Eddies maxed. Hopefully by then the developers will have reworked his skills - he's fun, but I'd say both of the 4* Gunner Eddies are more useful

That shouldn't be the case...
    Nicko-0517

OS
    Android
    Totally agree, It would be great if the devs did something about it.
    Last edited by DIEDD; 04-25-2017 at 02:22 AM.

OS
    iOS
    Totally agree, It would be great if the devs did something about it.
    I also agree. A 5 star Eddie should not have 2 very similar shield abilities that only protect himself (and also eat 8 skillshards). I like this Eddie and want to use him but I find tailgunner much more useable and that should not be the case since he is only 4 stars. Does not make sense. Need to replace one of those shields with some other utility move or something.

OS
    iOS
    Don't shard this guy! I've thrown a few in and most have gone to his fury. Each time I added one I'd do a test run on GoD and there was NO change in how his Fury affected the SDs in GoD. It's now completely maxed and the same as when it started.

I'll put in a bug report...
    Nicko-0517

OS
    Android
    Don't shard this guy! I've thrown a few in and most have gone to his fury. Each time I added one I'd do a test run on GoD and there was NO change in how his Fury affected the SDs in GoD. It's now completely maxed and the same as when it started.

I'll put in a bug report...

Oh shi ... too late.

OS
    iOS
    Oh shi ... too late.
    Should get corrected. Reported to support and Jeremy got back to me. They said they noticed a bug with the scaling and will address it in a future update.
    Nicko-0517

OS
    iOS
    Should get corrected. Reported to support and Jeremy got back to me. They said they noticed a bug with the scaling and will address it in a future update.
    I love this Edward and he has long been the last of them that I really wanted -- finally got him about a month ago, but haven't dumped any SS into him for all the reasons you guys said.

I am probably the biggest Dark Tower nerd on the forum, which is why I longed for this bastard. He's a much more "metal" version of Roland, which gives me a mad nerd-boner.