Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: PVP thought

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    OS
    iOS
    Posts
    364

    PVP thought

    Granted, we can only speculate at this point though the same question seems to come up over and over regarding this upcoming update: 'who goes first?'

    Obviously I have no idea how the devs will end up (mis)handling this long-anticipated "many-eggs-in-this-basket" feature, but if it is not an automated stat calculator sim, with/without a random luck multiplier, my suggestion is this:

    2 players enter and are randomly assigned as team A or B;

    A goes first, B goes second;

    HOWEVER, A enters blindly whereas B gets to see A's team and has 30 seconds to modify the team accordingly

  2. #2
    Senior Member Esquatcho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    OS
    iOS
    Posts
    1,289
    Thats not a bad suggestion! I was thinking they could make it that each character takes turns, rather than the whole team at once. Though that might get tricky with some skills like angel of fears passive (Maybe that could just mean you could pick another go from anyone in the team).
    Gringo-4930

    Currently grinding for:
    Odin(s) - Freya - Scrooge (Slauki) Ed / Lilith Cosmic

  3. #3
    Senior Member PsychoEddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    182
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingV View Post
    Granted, we can only speculate at this point though the same question seems to come up over and over regarding this upcoming update: 'who goes first?'

    Obviously I have no idea how the devs will end up (mis)handling this long-anticipated "many-eggs-in-this-basket" feature, but if it is not an automated stat calculator sim, with/without a random luck multiplier, my suggestion is this:

    2 players enter and are randomly assigned as team A or B;

    A goes first, B goes second;

    HOWEVER, A enters blindly whereas B gets to see A's team and has 30 seconds to modify the team accordingly
    A bit aside from this, you'll be able to have an overwhelming advantage in PvP against most players by being able to scout their toons and which talisman sets they're using with each. Make some notes on ones in PvP and they'll be screwed when they go up against you because you'll know precisely what their strengths and weaknesses are ahead of time and adjust your own toons to take advantage.

    Any players that aren't forum ones won't even know what's going on and why they're getting hammered so hard in PvP.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    OS
    iOS
    Posts
    647
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEddie View Post
    A bit aside from this, you'll be able to have an overwhelming advantage in PvP against most players by being able to scout their toons and which talisman sets they're using with each. Make some notes on ones in PvP and they'll be screwed when they go up against you because you'll know precisely what their strengths and weaknesses are ahead of time and adjust your own toons to take advantage.

    Any players that aren't forum ones won't even know what's going on and why they're getting hammered so hard in PvP.
    This is going to be part of the fun. I know I'm getting wrecked by Kai and Eagle, but at least I know their game to some extent. Unfortunately they know mine too
    Drew-1616
    16 5 star characters level 100, 51 max talismans. Mostly Red builds.
    I rotate between the red bat, hellhound, samurai, soldier, purple harpy, and Carriage Rider. Looking for active troopers with Eddie champion, or max talisman ally.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Eagleknight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    California
    OS
    iOS
    Posts
    441
    Quote Originally Posted by aur0ra85 View Post
    This is going to be part of the fun. I know I'm getting wrecked by Kai and Eagle, but at least I know their game to some extent. Unfortunately they know mine too
    I have no plan for pvp yet. I'm just going with my farming team until sacrifice comes out and I can try to build a complete team. I plan on loosing allot until we find out how it will really work.

    I do have an idea for a new charater passive that would really piss off most teams. I would like a toon that has a passive were it can not be hit by aoe attacks only by single target. Since most teams focus on aoe teams it would make teams that use single target toons a plus.
    Eagleknight-9103

    I'm Back.

  6. #6
    Senior Member PsychoEddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    182
    Quote Originally Posted by aur0ra85 View Post
    This is going to be part of the fun. I know I'm getting wrecked by Kai and Eagle, but at least I know their game to some extent. Unfortunately they know mine too
    Right, and that's the most important thing in ANY battle, the one who can calculate what resources will be needed and what the opponents game is (or will likely be) can make the best decisions.

    It just sucks to be any player who's non-forum and doesn't realize someone can see how they're going to be playing and what skill shards they've used and where....just by doing a search in.....as an example:

    ....ooooh, i see that aur0ra85 hasn't spent any skill shards on his CRE so that's no bother but his SE had level 5's in the present and there isn't another eddie that's much of an issue but i might as well look through ALL of his talismans while i'm being so nosy



    This sort of intel advantage will be HUGE over those who aren't aware of it and the advantage it gives.

  7. #7
    Therefore I've chosen Gunner Eddies as main skilled characters as their opposite class is two ways only...

  8. #8
    Senior Member Ubajoa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Neiva, Colombia
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    200
    I prefer this idea, whoever goes first wont attack, just prepare some defense and the 2nd player will be able to attack. This way the first team wont smash the 2nd player, neither the 2nd will be able to overkill. This idea is taken from many Trading card games that uses this system of combat.
    Carlos

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Italy
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    97
    We need some protection for the defensive team, in PVE a good attacking team can easily finish all the stages of the battle without the opponents having any chance to act.
    Ddrak-3166

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •