Does pharaoh dog king actually heal with his passive ability?

I just got a pharaoh dog King and his passive ability is healing every round based on ally HP, but I haven't noticed any healing. How is his healing supposed to work and what percentage of health is he supposed to heal each round?

OS
    iOS
    Mine does, albeit not a lot, but it's a nice passive ability for sure. In between rounds is when it happens.

I was so excited to finally get a 5 star character, especially considering I'm level 43, and pharaoh dog king is a huge disappointment. The amount he heals is tiny compared to the healing ability of a pharaoh dog, how is he a 5 star "top prize"? This is easily one of the weakest passive abilities.

OS
    iOS
    He doesn't work great in my party either, but he's my best non Eddie and he's blue so he stays. Try loading up his magic stats specifically. He doesn't need a defense or magic resistance buff because there are so few Green bosses in the game.
    In addition, if you could pair him with a high damage dealing magic caster, his charge ability is amazing. Let's say a blue, green or purple soulless demon perhaps, or as someone else mentioned in my thread the axis commander. For healing u can then turn to soldier Eddie if required.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraznoff View Post
    I was so excited to finally get a 5 star character, especially considering I'm level 43, and pharaoh dog king is a huge disappointment. The amount he heals is tiny compared to the healing ability of a pharaoh dog, how is he a 5 star "top prize"? This is easily one of the weakest passive abilities.
    Well it's a 5* out of the gate , so it's already really powerful as is. You're saving hours and hours of shard farming plus about 200k in gold. It's also passive heal, so it doesn't take active turns. Not many units have passives, and with the right support abilities in place that passive will be all the healing you need. I'd love to have one.

Thanks for the advice. The magic charge may be a decent ability, I've just been saving my power for healing. I've got him loaded up with powerful 4 star hp and magic talismans so I don't think that's the issue, although I'm having trouble finding 3 star blue evolution runes to get the talismans to 5 star (any advice on where to find these?). I'm keeping him on my team for the moment just because his base stats are so high that with talismans he can atleast outlive my pharaoh dog. I'm not sure if he heals better earlier in the game but right now he heals me for maybe a quarter of the damage from a single enemy strike.

It's a percentage heal based on the target's max HP, so it's always going to heal whatever percentage it is. The numbers get larger has your health pool gets larger, but it's not really any stronger. Just like Soldier Eddie or Ox Cultist heals. Again, it's a passive so it's really meant to be supplemental. But if you stack affinity (blue hitting green), reflect (half incoming damage), MR or DEF boost (even less damage), that passive can probably cover most damage outside of bosses.

Not to forget the cleanse effect from the passive ability. It helps with plenty of stunned or silenced battles.

Anyway the Pharoah Dog King makes a great magic attacker team with blue Allied Soldier.

Don't characters heal every round anyway? Could some people be confusing the standard heal at the end of every round for the pharaoh dog king's passive? If he IS healing, it is extremely insignificant. I might just level up my pharaoh dog instead. Plus, he has the same bug as the pharaoh dog, so he can't even be counted on for damage right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaseodin View Post
    Don't characters heal every round anyway? Could some people be confusing the standard heal at the end of every round for the pharaoh dog king's passive? If he IS healing, it is extremely insignificant. I might just level up my pharaoh dog instead. Plus, he has the same bug as the pharaoh dog, so he can't even be counted on for damage right now.
    Yeah, you do heal a bit automatically between battles in a stage - the pharoah dog king passive heals between turns though - about 5% at the start of each of your turns.