Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android
    A quick recap of my experiences with Rainmaker's abilities:

Execute: I use it lots. It's a big pile of damage to one enemy and he resets his Fury to max every turn. With my talisman mix, he's doing about 1500 per hit, five hits in the flurry, so around 7500 damage. (My talismans are all 4-star, level 40 at the moment, and I'm gradually upgrading them to 5-star.)

Strike: You could use this or you could use Execute. The only reason why you would use Strike is if the enemy has very low health and you want to save yourself 5 seconds of animation time finishing them off. I frequently use Strike for that reason.

Guard: I used it for a while before I leveled him up enough that his Fury resets to full every turn. With a Magus Allied Soldier in my party, I have absolutely no reason to use this ability anymore.

Life Steal: I have never used it. It might be a good buff against a major boss. I should try it out and report back.

Rain: Terrible. You're just pouring 5 Power down a hole for an attack that doesn't do much damage. I haven't seen the Marks do enough damage to be worth putting effort into placing them, and it's only a 50% chance anyway. Of course this is where all my Skill Shards went.

Mark: It does little damage and the Mark isn't as exciting as I'd hoped it would be. However, if you have multiple enemies out there and one is at its last sliver of health, it's worth it to use Mark over Execute as the finishing blow because you get that 30% chance of another turn (with your Fury fully loaded). It's also my preferred opening attack on the first turn of the first fight because you have to load up your Fury anyway - might as well get that 30% chance of another turn. After that, it's usually Execute the rest of the way. Only 1 Power, too.

Cleanse: Good "in case of emergency" ability as it gives a lot of HP back to an ally. Also gets rid of negative effects. You won't use it much, but it comes through when you need it.

I can see where the developers were going with Rainmaker. There's a design idea in there for a counter-strike Assassin, where you use Guard to absorb attacks and then unleash the Fury with an Execute. There's also a design idea in there for marking your target and then cashing in those Marks for a big death blow on a boss. However, his ludicrous Special makes the Guard ability irrelevant, as you're using Execute nearly every turn regardless. The abilities that add Marks aren't particularly good or worth using over just attacking normally.

Something I'd like to try is finding allies or talismans that have the ability to place Marks on enemies (the purple dog can do it, as does the purple axe talisman, I think). Maybe there's a more useful way to stack up Marks as a team rather than trying to do it solo with Rainmaker.

In my main party where I'm trying to complete missions and unlock new territory, my leader is a Soldier Eddie. Rainmaker is in reserve if I need to do a lot of damage to a single target, if Soldier Eddie is getting beat up and I need someone to tag in, or if I need to reload my Fury ASAP. For grinding XP, gold, and evolve bits, I'm using Rainmaker, one ally, plus a Trooper's ally to maximize the XP gain on Rainmaker and to learn more about how to use him.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulimar View Post
    Yeah, I'd like to try this guy out too. Please consider adding me: AgeEquillian-5527

I'm Rank 79 with several lvl 100 Champs, including Child of the Damnned (Magus) and Alliance General (Sentinel).
    Added! Your Magus Child of the Damned is fun!

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaseodin View Post
    I want you as a Trooper so I can try him! I'm wickedvase-5538. I sent a request
    Added! Let us know how Rainmaker works out for you!

Your 5-star Possessed Mine is the funniest ally I've seen! And deadly! Did it come out of the box as 5-star or did you evolve it?

OS
    Android
    I am assuming you are the single Trooper I have with Rainmaker, Fudjo: He's AWESOME. I really love him! Sad I only get to use him once per day.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennie-5128 View Post
    I am assuming you are the single Trooper I have with Rainmaker, Fudjo: He's AWESOME. I really love him! Sad I only get to use him once per day.
    I don't think we've added each other as Troopers - I'm Satan81-5023. I just sent you a Trooper request.

OS
    Android
    Well I now have TWO Troopers with a Rain maker....

Mark is great for those levels where one of the skull objectives is "use 10 power abilities"

Good stuff. Thanks for the info Fudjo.
    Last edited by SrG; 10-31-2016 at 12:10 PM.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennie-5128 View Post
    Well I now have TWO Troopers with a Rain maker....
    Nice!

Mark is great for those levels where one of the skull objectives is "use 10 power abilities"
    Oh definitely. I used to have my Soldier stall battles by using Fury and then having my 4* Ox Cultist heal the party. Then I got the Rainmaker and using Mark saved a lot of time. It's funny when you're trying to find ways to avoid accidentally killing the enemy so you can rack up your Power ability count.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Fudjo View Post
    It's funny when you're trying to find ways to avoid accidentally killing the enemy so you can rack up your Power ability count.
    Yes I found some wry amusement in that too.
    Rainmaker Eddie is second only to Axis Commander on the "WAH WHY HAVEN'T I GOT THAT ONE YET?!?!" list now, and the only reason he's second is because power allies are a bigger priority than a power Eddie for me right now.

OS
    Android
    @Fudjo, I added you also, I want to try that very rare Eddie ! ^^

Elindor-8275