Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    OS
    iOS

'Suspiciously' crappy Fear of the Dark rewards???

I was quite ecstatic with the new life breathed into the game with the FotD seasonal add-on along with challenges, and have played faithfully using ironite for hourglasses for the first time since the butcher update earlier in October. The only fault I was Devs' oversight in not allowing us to expand our character banks, which forced me to dispose of some VERY valuable dup characters I was hoping to exchange in sacrifice in order to accommodate other characters. Nevertheless, it was extremely well-received by me.

On the subject of reception, I was very pleased to have received a near-immediate grim reaper Eddie and some handsome rewards as advertised on the menu banners... On day one, that is. Sometime late that first evening, I was redirected to a second brief update/download, and sometime thereafter, the fun was over...

Rare souls... An appearing award on madness had completely vanished... Hell, souls of ANY kind were no longer dispensed or were awarded so few and far between that it was a non issue (The possible significance lf this in a moment). Moreover, the wild awards like a rare skill shard or a 3* evo have disappeared completely. The best I can hope for is about identical with the best I can hope for in any Ailing Kingdom mission: a 3* Fierce Strength talisman (which does appear with the typical regularity). Often it's a 1* evo rune or similar.

Here's the thing though. I have playing a LOT these past few days... Like 200+ hourglasses/day and it's been a complete desert of a misrepresentation of rewards there since day 1. My day 1 haul consisted of a magus haunted pumpkin (Believed to have hatched from a [rare] soul purchased with ironite) and chattering skull(s) gunner and assassin, which I purchased from the store with trooper badges. Other than the occasional chattering dupe from more purchased gunner/assassin souls, I have NEVER seen another promotional halloween character of any kind.

What raises the eyebrow is the prominence of the chattering skull dupes with purchased gunner/assassin souls (I'd say 'uncommon' in rarity) but after earning an easy 60-100 normal souls from LOL warrior today, with many payouts including 5 regular souls per win not a single damned promotional character to be found, just a recurring pattern lf 8-12 dominant repeating usual suspect toons.

Between the consistent meager payouts with HUNDREDS of hourglasses expended, the complete absence of ANY promotional characters, and the fact it has been going on in FotD for a good 2.5-3 days (After that subsequent download/update) and I am thinking the devs monkeyed with the drop frequency in a patch and this is the screwed up over-corrected result.

has anybody seen rewards consistent with the promised drops over the past 2 days- rare gunner/assassin souls, promotional toons/eddies etc., or am I the only one grinding for days to get the doo-doo end of the stick over and over?
    Last edited by FlyingV; 11-01-2016 at 01:11 PM.

OS
    iOS
    Update: bought another 12 normal gunner/assassin souls and hatched one (dup) assassin chattering skull, and bought a second ironite-rare soul ten pack and got a magus haunted pumpkin.

It seems that in my experience the promotional rewards either occur ONLY via purchased souls or happen so rarely with rewarded souls that the likelihood of a payout is negligible.

OS
    iOS
    I also have the feeling of "bubble play". First 24 hrs was good, talismans, even 2-3 rare gunner/assasin souls (with crappy outcome, that is normal) , even 2 skill shards ...but after , nothing, void, niente, black hole, bubble has gone *poof*. I got drop of 1000 credits, 1* shard, I mean ...WTF !?

OS
    Android
    Same here. For a level that costs 10 SoT rewards are just awful. Seriously? 1* Evo shard for beating the level?
    Tell me why I had to be a Powerslave, I don't wanna die, I'm a god why can't I live on!

Champions: Soldier Eddie (Lvl. 100), Assassin Possessed Mine (Lvl. 100), The Nomad (almost lvl. 100)

RisenOsiris-7856

OS
    Android
    It seems like the game, after the very first time you play Halloween's special stages, considers them as normal Stages of Ailin Kingdom world instead.
    It must be a bug anyway, those ain't worthy rewards for such stages

Wow u guys are lucky...I've so far spent like 800 ironites on SoT refills and zero skill shards nor Rare Gunner Assassin Soul.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaijester View Post
    Wow u guys are lucky...I've so far spent like 800 ironites on SoT refills and zero skill shards nor Rare Gunner Assassin Soul.
    I've been farming it non-stop (easily 15 SoT refills) and have gotten 5 rare souls and no skill shards or Gunner Assassin Souls. They really screwed up the drop rate as we haven't seen anyone post about receiving either of these yet.

OS
    iOS

I gave up after the first few refills and went back to regular farming. Just figured it wasn't worth it. I collected a few rare souls, some vampiric talismans, and a skill shard and rare gunner on the first play through.
    Drew-1616
    16 5 star characters level 100, 51 max talismans. Mostly Red builds.
    I rotate between the red bat, hellhound, samurai, soldier, purple harpy, and Carriage Rider. Looking for active troopers with Eddie champion, or max talisman ally.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingV View Post
    I was quite ecstatic with the new life breathed into the game with the FotD seasonal add-on along with challenges, and have played faithfully using ironite for hourglasses for the first time since the butcher update earlier in October. The only fault I was Devs' oversight in not allowing us to expand our character banks, which forced me to dispose of some VERY valuable dup characters I was hoping to exchange in sacrifice in order to accommodate other characters. Nevertheless, it was extremely well-received by me.

On the subject of reception, I was very pleased to have received a near-immediate grim reaper Eddie and some handsome rewards as advertised on the menu banners... On day one, that is. Sometime late that first evening, I was redirected to a second brief update/download, and sometime thereafter, the fun was over...

Rare souls... An appearing award on madness had completely vanished... Hell, souls of ANY kind were no longer dispensed or were awarded so few and far between that it was a non issue (The possible significance lf this in a moment). Moreover, the wild awards like a rare skill shard or a 3* evo have disappeared completely. The best I can hope for is about identical with the best I can hope for in any Ailing Kingdom mission: a 3* Fierce Strength talisman (which does appear with the typical regularity). Often it's a 1* evo rune or similar.

Here's the thing though. I have playing a LOT these past few days... Like 200+ hourglasses/day and it's been a complete desert of a misrepresentation of rewards there since day 1. My day 1 haul consisted of a magus haunted pumpkin (Believed to have hatched from a [rare] soul purchased with ironite) and chattering skull(s) gunner and assassin, which I purchased from the store with trooper badges. Other than the occasional chattering dupe from more purchased gunner/assassin souls, I have NEVER seen another promotional halloween character of any kind.

What raises the eyebrow is the prominence of the chattering skull dupes with purchased gunner/assassin souls (I'd say 'uncommon' in rarity) but after earning an easy 60-100 normal souls from LOL warrior today, with many payouts including 5 regular souls per win not a single damned promotional character to be found, just a recurring pattern lf 8-12 dominant repeating usual suspect toons.

Between the consistent meager payouts with HUNDREDS of hourglasses expended, the complete absence of ANY promotional characters, and the fact it has been going on in FotD for a good 2.5-3 days (After that subsequent download/update) and I am thinking the devs monkeyed with the drop frequency in a patch and this is the screwed up over-corrected result.

has anybody seen rewards consistent with the promised drops over the past 2 days- rare gunner/assassin souls, promotional toons/eddies etc., or am I the only one grinding for days to get the doo-doo end of the stick over and over?
    I got my magus and warrior pumpkin on the first day. Since two days I'm buying sentinel rare souls with my trooper points or hand in every soul / rare soul in the search for the sentinel pumpkin. I exchanged also quite a lot of my ironite for rare souls.

Since two days I did not get a single pumpkin (any kind) and either I was extremly lucky the first day of the special or ... what you said ...

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by MuadDib-7367 View Post
    I've been farming it non-stop (easily 15 SoT refills) and have gotten 5 rare souls and no skill shards or Gunner Assassin Souls. They really screwed up the drop rate as we haven't seen anyone post about receiving either of these yet.
    The same here. I have been farming it on madness since beginning and no skill shards / gun/assasin souls.

Has anybody got a skill shard while playing it?
    I assume the rate drop might be some kind of bug?