Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS
    iOS

Can you convince me to keep skilled, sorcery and onslaught talis?

Prior to the 'October butchery update,' it had become common knowledge that these talismans were garbage due to their counterparts' superiority regarding hitpoints.

I have a four star set of holy sorcery talismans that I foolishly built before becoming aware of their handicapped nature, and since the updates I have not moved forward and cleared all these new three-star skilled sorcery etc. talismans that have no hit point augmentation to them. So, the question is whether you have found any of these worthwhile after the update, or do they remain vend trash?

You can add Mystical to the list since all attacks are based on either attack, magic, def or special, it makes no sense to use mystical (HP/DEF/MDEF). These are currently vendor trash to me but who knows the game team might change them in the future.

Since you have spent gold and runes on them, I will suggest to just store it on a character.
    Last edited by Kaijester; 11-02-2016 at 09:28 AM.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaijester View Post
    You can add Mystical to the list since all attacks are based on either attack, magic, def or special, it makes no sense to use mystical (HP/DEF/MDEF). These are currently vendor trash to me but who knows the game team might change them in the future.

Since you have spent gold and runes on them, I will suggest to just store it on a character.
    I put a mystical on my Rainmaker as he has hardly any defense.

OS
    Android
    Mystical are defensive-orientated, so they are not useless, but sorcery/skilled are complete trash, and with 1*-2* talismans now not showing their true potential by having all stats listed, new players may well be duped into thinking these gaudy pieces of rubbish are somehow worthwhile.
    Frankly Skilled/Sorcery/Onslaught are unless they get a major (like 2x) bonus to magic or atk compared to current stats
    Ian-5547
    I used to play all my troopers every day
    All grind and no respite makes me sad
    One day, I may return

OS
    iOS
    Keep your Mystical, especially if you have a FOTD Eddie. He is DEF based.

OS
    Android
    Question: Can you convince me to keep skilled, sorcery and onslaught talis?
    Answer: Nope

While Mystical (Green: Health, Defence and Magical Resistance) are quite good on some toon.
    Last edited by Ddrak; 11-02-2016 at 01:32 PM.
    Ddrak-3166

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyMouser View Post
    I think that DEF points that come from talismans don't increase the effectiveness of abilities based on DEF, am i wrong?
    What i understood is that all FOTD Eddie's abilities that deal more damage based on DEF, rely only to the character's basic parameter...

looking for a confirmation though

Quote Originally Posted by GreyMouser View Post
    FOTD Eddie deals mostly physical attacks based on DEF stat therefore overwhelming health talisman (hp/def/atk) will be the best.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaijester View Post
    FOTD Eddie deals mostly physical attacks based on DEF stat therefore overwhelming health talisman (hp/def/atk) will be the best.
    Do you have it Kai? I still have to build a talisman set for him, and as i wrote above you i'm wondering if talismans DEF points affect the abilities effectiveness or not...
    Wouldn't it be better anyways to give him red talismans to significantly increase the attack instead of the green ones?
    The point is that i have no idea what affects more the attack strenght: either the Attack points or Defense ones (due to abilities being based on DEF)

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Ancient Mariner View Post
    I think that DEF points that come from talismans don't increase the effectiveness of abilities based on DEF, am i wrong?
    What i understood is that all FOTD Eddie's abilities that deal more damage based on DEF, rely only to the character's basic parameter...

looking for a confirmation though
    My understanding is that any attacks/abilities are based on the base stats + augmentations. It's talismans (such as "increases attack by 15% of defense") that are only based on the base stat.

That'd be pretty misleading if a physical attack that scales with defense was based on total attack but only base defense.