Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    OS
    iOS

Rare souls gone?

UPDATE 1 posted below.

I used to get regular drops from LOL dungeons, which apparently seems to have been patched. After the Halloween Seasonal updates, I haven't seen shyte for rare souls since day 2 of the promo and I haven't farmed this hard since the summer.

I am convinced that either the devs believe that things are running right and they are not, or every time they give with one hand in an update (eg: evo runes) some misguided A-hole in charge decides to take with the other (eg: rare souls).

Am I just unlucky or has anybody else seen an overall (if not absolute freeze) on the rare souls awarded in higher difficulty dungeons.
    Last edited by FlyingV; 11-12-2016 at 05:43 PM.

OS
    Android
    become very rare in 50 games in LOL X(10) I got 1 rare soul

OS
    iOS

Update#1

Since posting this, there has been NO change in the Rare Souls drop rate. From the dates of 11/2/16 through 11/12/16, I have received somewhere between ONE and THREE (maximum) Rare souls.

This gameplay includes at minimum:

- ALL available hidden locations for 10 days;
    - Exclusive Madness difficulty while farming;
    - Top dungeon in all maps played but Underworld (second-hardest "Blood Brothers" in UW);
    - Exclusive Level X in all Lord of Light Dungeons played;
    - All 50 troopers attempted in 24 hours at MINIMUM (at least 250 hourglasses on avg/24 hrs);
    - At least 3 Ironite purchases for hourglass refills within the past 7 days

Entry into LOL dungeons in particular yield frequent soul drops as in past games, but now these are 5-soul clusters of regular souls per drop. Previously, an 80-160 hourglass session would yield half to a dozen souls, suggesting that in this time period of 160 hourglass play, I should have averaged about 90 rare souls within this time period. With my present numbers of 250+ hourglasses/day, my acquisition of 1-3 rare souls is now completely absurd.

1. it is not a statistical anomally to receive ONE to THREE rare souls after 2,500+ hourglasses of play

2. in light of this, it is incontrovertible that there is either a bug or that the devs have been busy breaking more of the game in some misguided quest to "balance" it. Since these regular soul clusters drop with the same frequency as the rare souls used to, I am convinced of the latter.
    Last edited by FlyingV; 11-12-2016 at 05:45 PM.
    JCM800-3367 NOW ACCEPTING TROOPERS
    FlyingV-3167 (TROOPERS FULL)

DO NOT PURCHASE CONTENT FROM THE STORE!

Vote with your money and vote wisely. Developers need to understand the consequences of disregarding the game's players. Free the Generals, Free the AoF, and all the other toons and Eddies they wrongfully ruined to make their job more convenient!

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingV View Post
    Since posting this, there has been NO change in the Rare Souls drop rate. From the dates of 11/2/16 through 11/12/16, I have received somewhere between ONE and THREE (maximum) Rare souls.

This gameplay includes at minimum:

- ALL available hidden locations for 10 days;
    - Exclusive Madness difficulty while farming;
    - Top dungeon in all maps played but Underworld (second-hardest "Blood Brothers" in UW);
    - Exclusive Level X in all Lord of Light Dungeons played;
    - All 50 troopers attempted in 24 hours at MINIMUM (at least 250 hourglasses on avg/24 hrs);
    - At least 3 Ironite purchases for hourglass refills within the past 7 days

Entry into LOL dungeons in particular yield frequent soul drops as in past games, but now these are 5-soul clusters of regular souls per drop. Previously, an 80-160 hourglass session would yield half to a dozen souls, suggesting that in this time period of 160 hourglass play, I should have averaged about 90 rare souls within this time period. With my present numbers of 250+ hourglasses/day, my acquisition of 1-3 rare souls is now completely absurd.

1. it is not a statistical anomally to receive ONE to THREE rare souls after 2,500+ hourglasses of play

2. in light of this, it is incontrovertible that there is either a bug or that the devs have been busy breaking more of the game in some misguided quest to "balance" it. Since these regular soul clusters drop with the same frequency as the rare souls used to, I am convinced of the latter.

I completely agree with you.. Rare souls was raining at Dungeon Level 10s, i was getting at least 1 rare soul for each SoT and more 3* coloured evos of course. After update i got only 1 rare soul with playing everyday.. But now i have only one choice to get a desired character, that choice is spending my valuable trooper points to buy class rare souls everyday. Instead of investing to guaranteed skill shards - because when i buy skill shards, i know i am getting back something valuable %100. But those class rare souls drops 3* copy characters %99.99 of the time with headache. For example, i got my Corrupt General from a regular rare soul.. When we look to another option : which is spending 75 ironite to a suspicious rare soul. Spending 75 ironite for buying very suspicious one rare soul seems very useless comparing to spending that into instead of 2,5 SoT refills in this situation. When you spend it to SoT, at least you got a lot of loot from it.

With this drop-rate and rare soul drop chances, 75 ironite for a one rare soul is too high pricy for me. If rare-soul drops were giving much higher chance to get a 4*-5* char, 75 ironite would be reasonable. But since we have around %5 drop chance to get something good from them, at least we need to see them dropping on the end stages like one each for one SoT refill. Or either making them more reachable for players who likes to spend some ironite: 40 ironite would be good.

This part is for Devs:

On the other hand; i am aware of the real-world facts. In the end, this is a business and devs need to keep the game in balance with 2 base values: Profits & Player satisfaction. Which is a very tough job. I can relate as a veteran marketer being in different industries (little bit online and more offline) for 9+ years. If devs do everything for player satisfaction, profits will start to fall down. But if devs don't give any ear to listen existing-paying players with fear of losing profits, money paying players will start to fall down : which is the most dangerous thing can happen for the game. Because we are in the internet-age and most of the people look for the comments for products before spending their hard-earned money.

From "Marketing Psychology" standpoint, i would suggest devs to investigate more deeper for marketing part of this game. It is not impossible to make a good balance between Player Satisfaction and Profits. You just need to re-oriantate product line (meaning buying ironite, skillshards, etc.) based on all variables - new items based on needs of players, pricing, most importantly making them in a way to boost more recurring sales. And you can test each step with A/B tests, those test results can help you to fix the game for maximum success: More Profits & More Player Satisfaction. Which leads to attracting more players and having more profits.

Those were couple friendly suggestions from a daily-player of this game.
    Cheers.
    "Into the Abyss I'll fall - the eye of Horus - Into the eyes of the night, watching me go..
    Green is the cat's eye that glows, in this temple.. Enter the risen Osiris! Risen again!"

Lyrics: Iron Maiden - Powerslave

OS
    iOS
    I agree with many of your thoughts, Osiris... Which speaks to what I consider to be the breaking/brokenness of the game.

From the standpoint of simply removing or drastically limiting a feature or reward without prior announcement, I consider this an act of dishonesty. Some companies reduce the size of their product without warning in a so-called effort to keep prices down. The tactic is not unheard of, but it is frowned upon by consumers and it should be in my opinion.

Nevertheless, I can understand wanting to transition from a model of freely-dispensed rare souls to a more limited model that generates more revenue. The trade-off here would be a sacrifice of player satisfaction in exchange for an overall increase in demand for purchasable souls. The problem however, is the way that the game and its corresponding components work, there is little to no net gain of purchase demand to offset player dissatisfaction after removing the reward.

This is because the drop rate of rare souls flat out sucks. People with any in-game experience understand that a good dozen or three uninspiring characters continuously drop from these rare souls, whereas the others are few and far between. It makes no sense to squander precious in game resources like ironite, (or worse, actual currency) on a commodity that yields minimal return on investment.

Granted, there are two simple strategies to overcome this: sell a guarantee (such as "actual legendary souls" not souls titled "legendary souls" that merely dispense crap with four stars), or enable the sacrifice feature to ensure that worthless repetitive drops may be salvaged into something worth redeeming. Since neither of these two strategies are in place at present, the current plan to limit or eliminate rare souls makes zero sense.
    JCM800-3367 NOW ACCEPTING TROOPERS
    FlyingV-3167 (TROOPERS FULL)

DO NOT PURCHASE CONTENT FROM THE STORE!

Vote with your money and vote wisely. Developers need to understand the consequences of disregarding the game's players. Free the Generals, Free the AoF, and all the other toons and Eddies they wrongfully ruined to make their job more convenient!

OS
    iOS
    It makes no sense to squander precious in game resources like ironite, (or worse, actual currency) on a commodity that yields minimal return on investment.

Granted, there are two simple strategies to overcome this: sell a guarantee (such as "actual legendary souls" not souls titled "legendary souls" that merely dispense crap with four stars), or enable the sacrifice feature to ensure that worthless repetitive drops may be salvaged into something worth redeeming. Since neither of these two strategies are in place at present, the current plan to limit or eliminate rare souls makes zero sense.
    Well put. My reaction to the game as it stands is to hoard resources and wait for something that I think is worth spending them on. I blew a load of rare souls and trooper points on the Halloween and bonfire night events (did well on Halloween and badly on Bonfire Night for the record...) but day to day I only spend resources to tick off the daily rewards and when my runes or shards are full.

OS
    Android
    I agree with many of your thoughts, Osiris... Which speaks to what I consider to be the breaking/brokenness of the game.

From the standpoint of simply removing or drastically limiting a feature or reward without prior announcement, I consider this an act of dishonesty. Some companies reduce the size of their product without warning in a so-called effort to keep prices down. The tactic is not unheard of, but it is frowned upon by consumers and it should be in my opinion.
    agree with many of your arguments but they announced, that they will decrese the rare souls droprates in the dungeon. but they said, that they won't decrese it too much, but this was a clear lie.
    but their argument for doing that is understandable. before the changes it was dumb to purchase rare souls with ironite because when you could simply refill SOT and gain more rare souls and ressources
    when you grind the dungeons. so they tried to balance that out, but they adjusted it too far in the wrong direction. right now playing the dungeon isn't an option for me unless i really need some 3* shards.

i feel that something has to be done with the rare souls, because that's the main motivation for the players, to get some characters and evolve them. right now you can buy 10 rare souls and get 7 ox cultists 2x harpys
    and maybe 1 good character. regarding how hard it is to get some souls, this droprate seems to be a little to bad for me. so there are many options.

1. lower the prices for souls
    2. to higher the dropchances or them
    3. make sure, that we can get better drops of them
    4. some special events to get them like the helloween special would be nice too.
    5. one day in the week, where the dropchances of rare souls are higher than normal.
    6. many more creative solutions

sacrifice would really be a very nice solution, but for some reason they won't implement it in the near future, so it seems more than a pipe dream at the moment.
    that's why some shortterm solutions are needed till sacrifice arises in the middle of 2017 ;-) ...

i'm still positive that the devs will find a good balance in the future but right now some things are really messed up, especially the talismans ressources and the rare soul drops.

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    iOS
    Just a quick question: How many rare souls per day would you say is 'necessary' for you to be happy? 1? 5?

And how many are you getting at the moment?

I havent counted, but I think Im getting maybe 1 or 2 a week depending on luck with secret levels mainly. Of course there are the monthly login rewards on top too.
    Gringo-4930
    MOFO

Currently grinding for:
    Odin(s) - Freya - Scrooge (Slauki) Ed / Moar Yggs

OS
    iOS
    ...."October-2016-Tuning-Update...
    Time Rift Reward Adjustments
    Reduced the drop rate of Rare Souls"...

and it says its for Time Rifts, not for general levels. So yea, I think they either broke something , like
    - applying Rare rouls drop to whole game, not only Time Rifts and that is a mistake.
    - wanted to apply drop rate to whole game but "forgot" to tell us, ...meaning someone is lying there.

If they wanted to tweak the drop rate and they did it, fair it would be to improve the quality of allies droping from this rare souls. You cut on left but add to the right, keep things balanced !

Anyway, from the begining this game was way off unbalanced, one of the things is you finish the game on all levels, you get the Legendary MTF Soul and your drop is ...character you can get from from 1st world after 1 week of playing ...seriously, they guy or department who is(are) taking this "game balancing, drop" decission, should try:
    - your brain, try F5 couple of times.
    - if not, Alt+F4 and restart the process.
    - bring more bananas for monkey

Meh, awaiting for Sacrifice update, for sure they'll fock up something else !

OS
    Android
    Something needs to happen soon because when you start wishing you could sacrifice rare souls before you even summon them, there's a serious problem with the game! Rare soul drop rates are too low and duplicate drop rates are way too high! It sucks to feel like someone is trying to ruin this game and call it 'balancing'. The sacrifice feature is not something coming down the pike in the near future and how cool will it be if or when it is released? Sucks to see them nerfing the holy hell out of my fav game!
    If you're gonna die, die with your boots on
    mjmxiii-1619