Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS
    iOS

Removeable skill shards

Just like talisman ! With nerfs and new characters coming out I can't choose were to put my skill shards. What if I put them on a lesser guy and then I regret it . Or I simply get bored with a toon and want to play with my other guys. Also you could see just how good a character would be before you commit to spending those rare gems.

OS
    Android
    it would be nice if we could chose which skill they upgrade rather than it be random
    Ian-5547
    I used to play all my troopers every day
    All grind and no respite makes me sad
    One day, I may return

OS
    Android
    Not a totally insane idea, or a way to reset skill shards.
    Perhaps a way to pay ironite and reset all skill shards or refund them from a chosen character. It could even be expensive just as long as it is possible.
    In that case it would be preferable is skill shards were automatically refunded for character who get major tweeks in an update as well.
    None of this is impossible and would help players to dare to try new ways of playing the game.

OS
    iOS
    I love this idea. When I first started last year I put a bunch of them on my Run to the Hills Eddie. I don't use him, would be cool if you could slot them back out like the talisman

I say you should be able to remove them from a character for the same amount of gold you would get if you sold one of them from your inventory. Which is 1,000 gold pieces... Fair is fair!!!
    Sidney-1805
    Daily Player
    This game is going to get me fired one day...

OS
    iOS
    It would be great to have this but I fear that it is one way to keep us playing troopers and buying SS...or compete in events with SS included. It is a good way for them to keep the money coming in. My compromise would be that we get a set amount of SS resets each week - even 1 a week would help!
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

The other problem is that a skill shard doesn't go back into your inventory if you sacrifice a character who has been upgraded with one. All the talismans do but the SS disappears completely with the character - I found out the hard way with a Sentinel Rock Golem that I'd upgraded during the Beta last year.
    Ken

CrossbowCA-7764

OS
    Android
    Just a crazy idea: you can remove a certain amount of skill shards per week? I fully sharded my defence in PVP but now I'got new toons and have a new idea for a defence. The problem is, if I want my new defence sharded it will take about 3 months to get the 36 shards necessary! That is insane.

Why not make e.g. 5 skill shards per week removable. That would bring the 3 months down to one! It would also allow everybody to experiment way more with their pvp defence and hence make the game more exciting.
    Inishmore-8627

OS
    iOS
    I too agree NF should put some kind of system in place to remove skill shards. They are way too hard to come by for the most of us players and usually us new players put them on the wrong toons to start.

Make it expensive
    Make it limited per week
    make it randomly removed like when we use them

It takes way too long to collect enough to shard an Eddie, I still don't have a fully sharded Ed and only 3 troopers are fully sharded for me. Either that or make them easier to come by, it seems like I get one every other week maybe 3/month currently.
    "You're gonna die, die with your boots on,
    If you're gonna try, well stick around,
    Gonna cry, just move along,
    If you're gonna die, you're gonna die."

Current Trooper Wrath - max shard

Scarecrow is a character in Matt Reilly books
    my trooper name is; Charlotte-0476

I love the idea to remove skill shards, but sadly in the past this idea has been shot down several times. Not sure if NF will ever budge on this one. If they were removable people would experiment more with what seems to be useless toons. I think back to when I thought Warrior Possessed rockets were a waste of time and... BOY WAS I WRONG!!! Would love to experiment with new toons, but I'm not going to do it unless I know it's a good deal!
    Sidney-1805
    Daily Player
    This game is going to get me fired one day...