Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    OS
    Android
    I understand that a freemium game needs to have a "grind" in order to keep people paying money, but the way Nodding Frog is doing it is going to make more people quit the game than pay for it. They don't even fix bugs FFS! Let alone facilitate the building of our randomly acquired characters

OS
    iOS
    I agree it would be awesome to remove shards. That being said, it's not that bad. When I started the game the game, about 3~4 months ago, I was spending trooper badges on souls and not getting good char. I stopped that and only spend them on skill shards. Same with pvp. I let my souls build up and spend 10 or more at a time while gring the game. I upgeaded talisman for the toons I had and the game got easier. I will have 3 eddies fully sharded, including GRE (28 skill shards), by this weekend. I also have 4 toons fully sharded. It's tough at first but they come over time and the souls build up by just playing the game. When i got my first eternal (wrath, took about 6 weeks to save up) I had enough to max him that day. My advise is to read the forum about the char you want to shard and go from there. There is a ton of info here and I think everyone is really helpful here as well. guess it depends on how much you play as well. I am a daily player. I run my 50 troopers every day so that helps. As a last tip I think maxing your talisman is better than maxing your skills on your toons, early in the game.

slash-2083

OS
    Android
    /signed

It's so easy for new players to blow their skill shards on characters that aren't strong or competitive later in the game, and some of the nerfs this game has seen (Speed of Light Eddie is an obvious example) can easily make experienced players reluctant to start sharding a potentially powerful character for fear that they'll be annihilated by an unforeseen nerf somewhere down the road.

I know the whole point is to keep us grinding out new characters, so I don't expect NF to allow skill shards to be freely swappable like talismans are. But there are easy and simple compromises that have been described in this thread and others. Applying a (hopefully reasonable) ironite cost and weekly limit to shard removals would make this game a lot easier to enjoy and would in no way stop people from grinding out arena/trooper points -- or spending cash, for the people who actually do that.

The idea for removable skill shards is bad. Most of the people here are building piles of skill shards, because we ave no use of them, just like me. I have all characters that I use fully sharded plus a bunch of some other characters that I don't use too.
    I think for another idea. What about to allow the use of more skill shards on characters? Like to use a skill shard on a character on general and it to improve all stats by 2%, just like an example?

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Relany View Post
    The idea for removable skill shards is bad. Most of the people here are building piles of skill shards, because we ave no use of them, just like me. I have all characters that I use fully sharded plus a bunch of some other characters that I don't use too.
    I think for another idea. What about to allow the use of more skill shards on characters? Like to use a skill shard on a character on general and it to improve all stats by 2%, just like an example?
    This idea would completely mess the game up with unbalance. We have talismans to boost character stats.
    Imagine a char doing 100% more dmg because you had shards lying around. Shards are pretty easy to come by anyways and there are a few hidden gems that are really good maxed out.
    Browno-3535
    Fully sharded Eddies:
    Aces High, Cyborg, Tailgunner, Navigator, Soldier, Pharaoh, Viking, FOTD, Vampire Hunter, Rainmaker, Eternity, Samurai, Shaman, Trooper, 7th son,Grim Reaper, Edward the great, Mystic, Carriage Rider, Run to the Hills, Mummy