Quote Originally Posted by Trystangst View Post
You think that 4 and 5* units are common from the soul book? I'd like to see some serious numbers to back that claim up.

Having more than half your Troopers rocking 5* units isn't really an indicator of how many are being pulled - only Nomad, Axis Commander and Allied Commander can be guaranteed to be 5* pulls. Everything else can be pulled earlier and upgraded.

Also, as you pointed out people are struggling to get the mats to 5* Soldier Eddie - the fact that you don't see a lot of him doesn't necessarily mean that people don't want him 5*. It could just be a material scarcity. I have a 5* unit right now that I upgraded. I could have a second if I really wanted to. Both were 3* 1 when my Eddie was 4* 80. I'd love to 5* him, but I have ZERO 4* yellow shards.
It's the synergy with samurai Eddie and the hell dog, their shortcomings are high damage dealing magic units, the second I started reflecting the damage back, the party became unstoppable. I imagine the same would be true with other glass cannons (I don't consider Samurai to be a glass cannon as he's quite tanks, but the enemies deal so much damage here surviving two or three rounds can be a challenge). The fact that the hellhound has a passive buff for samurai Eddies attack, and can cast a mega multi heal along with that life drain, and he hurts when he hits. Team has a long ways to go, but my blue talismans are all max now allowing me to dump into CR eddie. Soldier Eddie is one of my favs, but honestly he has no place amongst these Titans.
The pharaoh King dog is great and when I find a new party he works in (that's better than my current one), I'll pull him out of mothballs too (ie axis commander, soldier Eddie/CR, Pharaoh Eddie).
I still want a purple dog, a pharaoh dog, all the children, and a blue bat.