Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaseodin View Post
    Man, are you kidding me? Soldier Eddie does the highest damage of any character I've seen. Period. I have a Trooper with a lvl 100 soldier and nothing stops him. He is the one I use to move forward in the story, as my 3 level 100 characters are not strong enough to advance on their own. I've played just about every Eddie (not vampire) and he and cyborg absolutely destroy.
    Do you mind sharing your build for him and which attacks you focus on? He is great because of his versatility but that also makes him difficult to master. It seems to me that focusing on either damage attacks OR magic rather than both would be more effective, but I need to learn how to maximize him.

Soldier Eddie gets stupid damage because it's possible getting the second+ Fury while his 3-turn super buff is still on, dealing great damage. And his basic attack depends completely on Talismans. Leveled to 5 and it's pretty good stuff.

OS
    Android
    Soldier Eddie is really great! Takes a while to build him up but if you manage to get him to a decent level, give him the correct talismans... He is a total war machine! Currently building him up.
    Tell me why I had to be a Powerslave, I don't wanna die, I'm a god why can't I live on!

Champions: Soldier Eddie (Lvl. 100), Assassin Possessed Mine (Lvl. 100), The Nomad (almost lvl. 100)

RisenOsiris-7856

OS
    iOS
    U guys are delusional lol. I'll try out some new buffs on soldier Eddie, but so far from about the 30 I've tried he hits like a girl lmao. Have you tried a max samurai before, max axis commander, max purple harpy, max nomad, etc? You can bully underworld on madness with those characters. Are you guys using passive strategies?
    What have you got for talismans on soldier Eddie?
    Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by aur0ra85 View Post
    Attachment 379
    Lol. Madness.
    I'm doing well for shards here.
    That's a basic attack with a passive buff btw on beezlewhateverhisnameis on madness difficulty. And I've gotten upwards of 40000 damage a hit with his basic as well.
    Last edited by aur0ra85; 08-01-2016 at 12:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aur0ra85 View Post
    U guys are delusional lol. I'll try out some new buffs on soldier Eddie, but so far from about the 30 I've tried he hits like a girl lmao. Have you tried a max samurai before, max axis commander, max purple harpy, max nomad, etc? You can bully underworld on madness with those characters. Are you guys using passive strategies?
    What have you got for talismans on soldier Eddie?
    Edit:

That's a basic attack with a passive buff btw on beezlewhateverhisnameis on madness difficulty.
    Soldier Eddie everyone gets for free.

All the ones you listed are lucky draws from rare souls...especially the Nomad and Axis Commander which are native 5* and exceedingly rare.

I love the Nomad and the Axis Commander..I use them as Troopers when I can. But Soldier Eddie I *have*. The other two I will never see, what with my never seeing a 4*, let alone 5* from rare souls.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Trystangst View Post
    Soldier Eddie everyone gets for free.

All the ones you listed are lucky draws from rare souls...especially the Nomad and Axis Commander which are native 5* and exceedingly rare.

I love the Nomad and the Axis Commander..I use them as Troopers when I can. But Soldier Eddie I *have*. The other two I will never see, what with my never seeing a 4*, let alone 5* from rare souls.
    Okay, if you guys say so...

OS
    Android
    Soldier Eddie is a top character, but he's not a power house. He's not the heaviest hitter. He's not even in the top 5 heaviest hitter Eddies.
    aur0ra85 is right about that. But Soldier Eddie brings a lot of things into battle, not just damage. That's what makes him so good. He's a "party enhancer".

For example, Regular Eddie does way more damage than Soldier Eddie and you get him for free too. And when I say way more damage I mean WAAAAAAY more damage.
    But he lacks versatility, something the Soldier has to spare.

Where aur0ra85 is wrong in my opinion is saying that there are characters that let you bully Underworld Madness. I've completed madness, I even unlocked the secret location and let me tell you, you get nowhere "bullying" madness. You might be able to farm some levels, but if you solely rely on damage, you won't get to far.

IMHO Acrid Smoke is not a good attack, I have zero magic talismans on my Eddie. I focused on health and Attack.

Right now his talismans are a mess, since I'm trying different ones on every character, but you can get an idea.
    Name:  Soldier Eddie Stats.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  277.9 KB

OS
    iOS
    As soon as I traded in my Max Pharaoh king dog for a 4 star allied soldier with the same talismans, I started bullying yes lol. Reflect shield is by far the most OP buff in the game I've come across. It's way better than any talisman buff or passive you can get and its only 4 power. As far as I'm concerned, the ability is flat out broken. I can't yet bully the two brothers or the devil yet, but it's coming, my talismans are a ways from max still.
    Edit:
    I completly understand why soldier Eddie is so popular, he slots right in a passive party and all of a sudden it's cheese (I did it myself for a while).
    I will note however, my soldier Eddie is four stars, and although I'd love to level him to five stars, the upgrade shards are so incredibly hard to find for him that it will be a long time yet.
    I will also note, like many other characters that are 3 stars and seem amazing when you get them, they are completely overshadowed by an out of the box 4 or 5 star character, and the extra talisman slots are priceless.
    Lastly I'll point out that on my list of troopers approximately 30/50 have five star characters, only two have a max soldier Eddie. Someone earlier pointed out that five star characters are far less likely to be pulled out of the soul book, at this point I feel statistically that couldn't be more incorrect. Most people would level soldier Eddie to five if they could, but most end up with other five star characters much much sooner.
    Each to their own.
    I short, be careful what you spend those upgrade shards and upgrade talismans on, what seems OP now, might feel like a lemon later.
    Last edited by aur0ra85; 08-01-2016 at 02:02 AM.

OS
    Android
    Putting up shields is bullying?!?!?!?! Bro, Eddie will get mad at you!!!! Hahahahaha.

Using shields is not bullying, is taking advantage of a broken mechanic, which I did. In fact I posted how I finished Underworld using only 4*s. And I'm pretty sure I was one of the first to do it without 5* characters :P

I think they are SUPER broken and need a nerf. If they change the cost to 7 energy it would still be ok. I say 7 because with a 2 turn duration you would still need an ability to raise your power and use it non stop, and most likely you won't be able to cast in on the first turn. At least it should be that way in PVP.

You think that 4 and 5* units are common from the soul book? I'd like to see some serious numbers to back that claim up.

Having more than half your Troopers rocking 5* units isn't really an indicator of how many are being pulled - only Nomad, Axis Commander and Allied Commander can be guaranteed to be 5* pulls. Everything else can be pulled earlier and upgraded.

Also, as you pointed out people are struggling to get the mats to 5* Soldier Eddie - the fact that you don't see a lot of him doesn't necessarily mean that people don't want him 5*. It could just be a material scarcity. I have a 5* unit right now that I upgraded. I could have a second if I really wanted to. Both were 3* 1 when my Eddie was 4* 80. I'd love to 5* him, but I have ZERO 4* yellow shards.