Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Trystangst View Post
    You think that 4 and 5* units are common from the soul book? I'd like to see some serious numbers to back that claim up.

Having more than half your Troopers rocking 5* units isn't really an indicator of how many are being pulled - only Nomad, Axis Commander and Allied Commander can be guaranteed to be 5* pulls. Everything else can be pulled earlier and upgraded.

Also, as you pointed out people are struggling to get the mats to 5* Soldier Eddie - the fact that you don't see a lot of him doesn't necessarily mean that people don't want him 5*. It could just be a material scarcity. I have a 5* unit right now that I upgraded. I could have a second if I really wanted to. Both were 3* 1 when my Eddie was 4* 80. I'd love to 5* him, but I have ZERO 4* yellow shards.
    It's the synergy with samurai Eddie and the hell dog, their shortcomings are high damage dealing magic units, the second I started reflecting the damage back, the party became unstoppable. I imagine the same would be true with other glass cannons (I don't consider Samurai to be a glass cannon as he's quite tanks, but the enemies deal so much damage here surviving two or three rounds can be a challenge). The fact that the hellhound has a passive buff for samurai Eddies attack, and can cast a mega multi heal along with that life drain, and he hurts when he hits. Team has a long ways to go, but my blue talismans are all max now allowing me to dump into CR eddie. Soldier Eddie is one of my favs, but honestly he has no place amongst these Titans.
    The pharaoh King dog is great and when I find a new party he works in (that's better than my current one), I'll pull him out of mothballs too (ie axis commander, soldier Eddie/CR, Pharaoh Eddie).
    I still want a purple dog, a pharaoh dog, all the children, and a blue bat.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Trystangst View Post
    You think that 4 and 5* units are common from the soul book? I'd like to see some serious numbers to back that claim up.

Having more than half your Troopers rocking 5* units isn't really an indicator of how many are being pulled - only Nomad, Axis Commander and Allied Commander can be guaranteed to be 5* pulls. Everything else can be pulled earlier and upgraded.

Also, as you pointed out people are struggling to get the mats to 5* Soldier Eddie - the fact that you don't see a lot of him doesn't necessarily mean that people don't want him 5*. It could just be a material scarcity. I have a 5* unit right now that I upgraded. I could have a second if I really wanted to. Both were 3* 1 when my Eddie was 4* 80. I'd love to 5* him, but I have ZERO 4* yellow shards.

I. My experience they are much easier to come by than enough shards to level soldier Eddie. AND I get to pick overpowered talismans that synergize well with my 5 star characters, in addition, levelling a red character to five stars is much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by BillLion View Post
    Do you mind sharing your build for him and which attacks you focus on? He is great because of his versatility but that also makes him difficult to master. It seems to me that focusing on either damage attacks OR magic rather than both would be more effective, but I need to learn how to maximize him.
    I don't use Soldier Eddie. One of my troopers has him at level 100 as his champion and he does insane damage. My Trooper's name is TYR-1037 . He has done upwards of 13k in a single normal attack and over 30k with special move ( I believe I saw close to 40k one time). This is against 5 star characters, and not with class advantage and not with physical or magical charge. I read someone's post about Samurai Eddie doing a lot of damage, but from what I've seen it's only with the right conditions (class advantage, special skill, PHYSICAL CHARGE, etc). I have NEVER seen a Samurai Eddie knock a villain without class advantage for even HALF of what I've seen Soldier Eddie do. And I have a lvl 100 Samurai and several troopers with level 100 Samurai Eddies as Champions. None come close. So anyone saying he isn't even top 5 in the game, please tell me which character (or which 5) are better. I would LOVE to know.

Found his Eddie.
    Looks like HP and ATK focus.

8232+12586 HP
    651+3239 ATK
    460+652 DEF
    452 MAG
    460 MR
    462+343 Spec

Barrage lvl 5
    Bullet Trace lvl 6
    War-Torn lvl 3
    Acrid Smoke lvl 6

5*/50 Strength Talisman (Fierce)
    5*/50 Strength Talisman (Fierce)
    5*/50 Rush Talisman (Will)
    5*/50 Rush Talisman (Will)
    5*/50 Guardian Talisman (Fierce)
    5*/50 Guardian Talisman (Fierce)

Quote Originally Posted by aur0ra85 View Post
    U guys are delusional lol. I'll try out some new buffs on soldier Eddie, but so far from about the 30 I've tried he hits like a girl lmao. Have you tried a max samurai before, max axis commander, max purple harpy, max nomad, etc? You can bully underworld on madness with those characters. Are you guys using passive strategies?
    What have you got for talismans on soldier Eddie?
    Edit:

That's a basic attack with a passive buff btw on beezlewhateverhisnameis on madness difficulty. And I've gotten upwards of 40000 damage a hit with his basic as well.
    Yeah so your attack in that pic includes a BUFF which has to use up another character's move or has to be used and lose a turn in order to do that damage) and possibly a CLASS ADVANTAGE which requires your enemy to be green (not common for bosses). I am saying I've seen Soldier Eddie do close to that WITHOUT A BUFF or class advantage. There are plenty of characters that can do what you just posted WITHOUT A BUFF, including the very basic mummy dog (whose basic attack can do upwards of 12-14k without a buff or class advantage). I'm not saying the Samurai is not good. He is one of my main Eddies. I'm just saying from a damage standpoint and versatility standpoint Soldier Eddie outclasses him completely. I don't use the soldier because he's not my style, but I respect him for what he is: The most overpowered character in the game. And everybody gets one.

OS
    iOS
    It's a passive, and his talismans were nowhere near max. No class advantage. He will do 20k without the passive, but it doesn't matter. I'm nearly positive I'll get him to one shot beezlewhateverhisnameis when he's max. And I'd love to have a 5 star soldier Eddie, but I don't think it's going to be in the cards for a long ass time lol.

OS
    iOS
    One of my troopers runs a similar setup on their Soldier Eddie

8232+12586
    651+3272
    460+652
    462+343

Guardian (fierce) 50 5* x4
    Warp (will) 50 5* x2

I used this on a NOTB run in Madness and hit beast for 36k special without his self buffs.

Soldier Eddie is all about utility and can still harder than anything else I have used.

Like Gonzo I never use Acrid Smoke and was lucky enough to max out Barrage and War Torn before using too many skill shards.