Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nomad

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEddie View Post
    Yep, I'd love to have 2-3 of them. I'd gladly sell some other toons to make space in a heartbeat.

In PvP they'd be wicked-sick especially when combined with a toon that can steal/generate power.
    Well my base team is alliance general, nomad and soldier and i switch to grim reaper when soldier is hopeless and has 0 chance of survival.

But now i use 2 nomads, alliance general and soldier on the lord of light, vanish then alliance general then another vanish is op af...
    Nekroliun-3119 - Rainmaker Eddie/Nomad, prob both pretty bad

Free your soul and let it fly! Give your life to the lord of light! Keep your secrets and rain on me, all i see are mysteries!

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Esquatcho View Post
    Just pulled myself one of these 5* beauties....

But whats so good about him?

Single damage hitter, bit of attack boost for the team with the passive, but otherwise is it just the potential huge single hit damage (especially with class advantage)? I cant see vanish being hugely advantageous unless you have a real buffing type char...

Also, what talisman combo works best? True & random damage. Im guessing a set of assassins, 2 x strength & a health? Or better going 4xstrength + 2xhealth (and who cares if random damage pulls magic)?

Thanks!
    Vanish is great! If you skill him up and/or have accuracy buffed, it will usually trigger for most or all of your team. If you use this as your last move of the round, you'll take no damage for a round. The passive 2-round ATK buff is great too, 50 % more damage for two rounds for him, plus additional damage for any other character that scales of ATK.

His basic skill only scales with attack so I think the assassin talisman would be a waste. Actually, when his power skill does magic damage, it doesn't seem to scale with magic either. The random damage type seems to be only a matter of deciding if the enemy's DEF or MR (or none of them for true damage) comes into play.

With five red and one green talisman his health get's pretty high and since his basic attack always heal for 15 % of max HP, he rarely get's low on health. So IMO, two strength set, a random red and the mandatory green is the way to go.
    Johan-1264
    Champion: Vampire Hunter Eddie 5* Lvl 100 Maxed Talismans, Maxed Skills

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by konstifik View Post
    His basic skill only scales with attack so I think the assassin talisman would be a waste. Actually, when his power skill does magic damage, it doesn't seem to scale with magic either. The random damage type seems to be only a matter of deciding if the enemy's DEF or MR (or none of them for true damage) comes into play.

With five red and one green talisman his health get's pretty high and since his basic attack always heal for 15 % of max HP, he rarely get's low on health. So IMO, two strength set, a random red and the mandatory green is the way to go.
    His basic skill is true damage, so it should scale with attack & magic.

And that's very interesting (if true) about random damage. Anybody else look into this?

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcturus View Post
    His basic skill is true damage, so it should scale with attack & magic.
    Well, it doesn't. I have tested this both with talismans and by applying magic buff during battle without any increase in damage.

Has it ever been confirmed that true damage always should scale with both attack and magic? The only in-game info I've seen about true damage is that it ignores defense and magic resist. That doesn't actually imply it always scales of both attack and magic. It seems to me that it scales of one of them or in some cases both, and you sort of how to find out yourself how each characters true damage scales. If this is not how it is supposed to work, The Nomad's basic attack is bugged, because it definitely doesn't scale with magic.
    Johan-1264

OS
    Android
    I have a maxed Nomad (Skills & Talisman maxed too) and I admit in the beginning I didn't see what was so great about him but now he is my go-to guy (also my only 5* besides Visions Eddie so that may be a factor though).

Anyway, the trick is to use his skill last in a round so he can Vanish all your allies. This is especially useful on LOL dungeons where the boss can heal himself or silence you when he hits. He also hits like a monster on his basic attack.

Nomad can be overkill for farming - use him on bosses and time his skill to ignore their biggest move. I do still use him for farming though because his attack boost makes my Soldier Eddie and Rocket Dog hit so hard they wipe out waves that wouldn't be killed if I had a different character in the 3rd slot.

My advice - One Green Talisman, the rest red, and max out his skills ASAP.
    Azathoth-7781

OS
    Android
    Well, it doesn't. I have tested this both with talismans and by applying magic buff during battle without any increase in damage.

Has it ever been confirmed that true damage always should scale with both attack and magic? The only in-game info I've seen about true damage is that it ignores defense and magic resist. That doesn't actually imply it always scales of both attack and magic. It seems to me that it scales of one of them or in some cases both, and you sort of how to find out yourself how each characters true damage scales. If this is not how it is supposed to work, The Nomad's basic attack is bugged, because it definitely doesn't scale with magic.
    Originally Posted by Sparton_LOTB
    As a general rule for all skills; if a skill says it scales with X stat, it means it scales with whatever that damage type would scale with and with that stat. So yes, his physical attacks all scale with attack and defense. That said, it doesn't mean that the attack scales evenly between all those stats... you may want to play around with having more attack or more defense from your talismans to find the balance between damage and survivability you want.
    It should have been scaling with magic too, bugged
    _______ 💀 Tom-7714 💀 ___________

___________ | CLAN | __________

👹 The Mofo Cult 👹

OS
    iOS

So you're partly right. Just tested the Nomad with different talismans on green LoL level 6 (average damage is his basic attack (2 hits) over 6 attacks):

Code:
                                   Magic Build   Attack Build   Zero magic
    Total Attack:                  813            1494                  813         
    Total Magic:                   997              316                  316       
    Sum:                           1810            1810                1129         

Avg damage dealt:              2200            4100                1750
    So it seems his attack does scale with both magic & attack, but attack is more important (although this test is flawed since the attack build is stronger than the magic build... and made more difficult due to the 2 red slots & high base attack he has)
    [THEORY: warriors w/true damage scale more w/attack, but Assassins scale evenly]

I also tested magic & physical charge: they only apply to magic or physical attacks, not to true damage. You'll notice when you magic charge, all your characters get a little blue light on their hands. The next magic attack will consume that charge (that is, on your next turn, your PDK will hit harder and the blue light will go away for him). The light never goes away for the Nomad, because he's doing true damage. The same is true for physical charge - it won't effect the Nomad or any other true damage attacker.

Don't know how the mechanics of Random damage though.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristo4 View Post
    Originally Posted by Sparton_LOTB
    (quote)

It should have been scaling with magic too, bugged
    Did you quote the right passage? Nothing in the text you quoted from Sparton says anything about true damage always scaling with magic.
    Johan-1264

OS
    Android
    Did you quote the right passage? Nothing in the text you quoted from Sparton says anything about true damage always scaling with magic.
    Yeh, wrong one, but cant find again what I meant to paste :P

Anyway,If there is no specific text saying otherwise, this is how the types of damage work:

Physical - Scales with your Attack stat and is reduced by the enemy's Defence stat.
    Magical - Scales with your Magic stat and is reduced by the enemy's Magic Resist stat.
    True - Scales with both Attack and Magic stat and ignores Defence and Magic Resist.

If it doesn't scale with magic at all on the Nomad, it could be bugged and the magic scalling might be missing completely.
    it's not the first time this happened if it did,since some other characters with missing scalings were fixed in previous updates too.

btw: I don't think a dev ever posted the above as guides somewhere...they're just compiled observations after some months in this game.
    Correct me in case I'm so wrong
    Last edited by Aristo4; 11-10-2016 at 10:00 PM.
    _______ 💀 Tom-7714 💀 ___________

___________ | CLAN | __________

👹 The Mofo Cult 👹

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristo4 View Post
    Yeh, wrong one, but cant find again what I meant to paste :P

Anyway,If there is no specific text saying otherwise, this is how the types of damage work:

Physical - Scales with your Attack stat and is reduced by the enemy's Defence stat.
    Magical - Scales with your Magic stat and is reduced by the enemy's Magic Resist stat.
    True - Scales with both Attack and Magic stat and ignores Defence and Magic Resist.

If it doesn't scale with magic at all on the Nomad, it could be bugged and the magic scalling might be missing completely.
    it's not the first time this happened if it did,since some other characters with missing scalings were fixed in previous updates too.

btw: I don't think a dev ever posted the above as guides somewhere...they're just compiled observations after some months in this game.
    Correct me in case I'm so wrong
    Well, my point was that "true damage scales with both attack and magic" might be a misunderstanding coming from the "true damage ignores def and mr", which is the only official info on true damage that I have seen. If there is no official account saying that true damage always scale with both attack and magic, we can't take for granted that that is the way it should work.
    Johan-1264