Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nomad

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcturus View Post
    So you're partly right. Just tested the Nomad with different talismans on green LoL level 6 (average damage is his basic attack (2 hits) over 6 attacks):

Code:
                                   Magic Build   Attack Build   Zero magic
    Total Attack:                  813            1494                  813         
    Total Magic:                   997              316                  316       
    Sum:                           1810            1810                1129         

Avg damage dealt:              2200            4100                1750
    So it seems his attack does scale with both magic & attack, but attack is more important (although this test is flawed since the attack build is stronger than the magic build... and made more difficult due to the 2 red slots & high base attack he has)
    [THEORY: warriors w/true damage scale more w/attack, but Assassins scale evenly]

I also tested magic & physical charge: they only apply to magic or physical attacks, not to true damage. You'll notice when you magic charge, all your characters get a little blue light on their hands. The next magic attack will consume that charge (that is, on your next turn, your PDK will hit harder and the blue light will go away for him). The light never goes away for the Nomad, because he's doing true damage. The same is true for physical charge - it won't effect the Nomad or any other true damage attacker.

Don't know how the mechanics of Random damage though.
    Did you correct for affinity and his affinity advantage (which seems to be bugged)? Because I ran another test on my own and still my results show that his attack does not scale with magic. What I did was that I first removed all talismans and played him. A perfect attack against another warrior, without affinity advantage triggering, did 2431 damage. I then equipped three blue talismans to his unbound slots, still with the other three empty. This gave him a 1104 addition to the magic stat (plus some HP, defense and MR). A perfect attack against the same warrior, still without affinity advantage triggering, did 2431 damage again.
    Johan-1264
    Champion: Vampire Hunter Eddie 5* Lvl 100 Maxed Talismans, Maxed Skills

I also tested magic & physical charge: they only apply to magic or physical attacks, not to true damage. You'll notice when you magic charge, all your characters get a little blue light on their hands. The next magic attack will consume that charge (that is, on your next turn, your PDK will hit harder and the blue light will go away for him). The light never goes away for the Nomad, because he's doing true damage. The same is true for physical charge - it won't effect the Nomad or any other true damage attacker.

Don't know how the mechanics of Random damage though.
    I've recently tested damage charge, and it charges all characters damage. Physical, magic, and true

OS
    Android
    Alright, just read the in-game help about damage, and it does say that true damage should scale off both attack and magic. Had only read the online FAQ before, which only mentions that true damage ignores defence and magic resist. So either The Nomad is some kind of exception or he is bugged.

The in-game help also explains random damage. The damage type is random but the damage dealt is always scaled off both attack and magic, so the randomness is if the defense or magic resist of the opponent, or none of them, comes into play. This seems consistent with what I noted when using his Mirage skill.
    Johan-1264

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by konstifik View Post
    Did you correct for affinity and his affinity advantage (which seems to be bugged)? Because I ran another test on my own and still my results show that his attack does not scale with magic. What I did was that I first removed all talismans and played him. A perfect attack against another warrior, without affinity advantage triggering, did 2431 damage. I then equipped three blue talismans to his unbound slots, still with the other three empty. This gave him a 1104 addition to the magic stat (plus some HP, defense and MR). A perfect attack against the same warrior, still without affinity advantage triggering, did 2431 damage again.
    Interesting. I didn't account for affinity, but his hits (against all sentinels) were pretty consistent with each of my tests. Lots of tricky, subtle things going on here.

Either way, he seems to scale mostly, if not completely, with attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Nifelheim View Post
    I've recently tested damage charge, and it charges all characters damage. Physical, magic, and true
    damage charge from the death dog or assassin troll? That makes sense to me. (although last I checked - a few weeks ago - the Troll's damage charge wasn't working).

Quote Originally Posted by konstifik View Post
    The in-game help also explains random damage. The damage type is random but the damage dealt is always scaled off both attack and magic, so the randomness is if the defense or magic resist of the opponent, or none of them, comes into play. This seems consistent with what I noted when using his Mirage skill.
    Thanks for finding this. Clears some things up.

OS
    Android
    Interesting. I didn't account for affinity, but his hits (against all sentinels) were pretty consistent with each of my tests. Lots of tricky, subtle things going on here.
    The thing is his affinity advantage effect, which can trigger with his basic attack, seems to be bugged. It seems to give random affinity when triggered rather than positive affinity. It also seems like it affects the attack that it triggers on as well as the following two. So when testing his damage, one should only count the attacks where the affinity isn't triggered or already triggered from a previous attacks. Those are the conclusions I've made at least.
    Johan-1264

OS
    iOS
    Hello, can someone please tell me what exactly is "Affinity Advantage"? Thanks a lot!

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by IceManFerrar View Post
    Hello, can someone please tell me what exactly is "Affinity Advantage"? Thanks a lot!
    When Nomad has his Affinity Advantage, he hits every other class character like if he had a class advantage.
    _______ 💀 Tom-7714 💀 ___________

___________ | CLAN | __________

👹 The Mofo Cult 👹

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristo4 View Post
    When Nomad has his Affinity Advantage, he hits every other class character like if he had a class advantage.
    Ah, got it. Thanks a lot, mate!

Senior Member Schadenfreud-0217's Avatar
    OS
    Android
    Well I've built mine with 3xVoid Talisman, 1 Green (Overwhelming), 2x Fierce Guardian (but Strength are better).
    For maximum damage I'd recommend 3xAssassin Talisman (Barrier), 2x Strength Talisman (Fierce/Safeguard), 1 Green (Overwhelming/Ward). You should spread the defensive stats as you wish, but seeing as he's a Warrior and Mages have bonus against him I'd say focus on MR as a primary defensive stat.
    Schadenfreud-0217

Maxed Champions:
    Speed of Light Eddie (Magus)
    Grim Reaper Eddie (Magus)
    Soldier Eddie (Gunner)
    The Nomad (Warrior)
    Angel of Fear (Warrior)
    Child of the Damned (Gunner)
    Child of the Damned (Assassin)
    Allied Soldier (Magus)
    Soulless Demon (Sentinel)

Using CotD as leader, if you want me to switch to any of the others, or just have questions towards me in general, feel free to P.M. me.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristo4 View Post
    That is how it should work, but is bugged. When he has affinity advantage, it's like a randomisation of the class, rather than always class advantage.
    Johan-1264