Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    OS
    iOS

Ignoring CotD, are there really any worthwhile Gunner toons?

Gunner dog is a trooper of mine... Not very impressed over Artillery or Rocket dogs.

I own 10 Gunner toons, and this is the ONLY class in which I have no 5* promotions... Mostly because I don't see any of them competimg with the top 20-30 toons everybody knows and discusses.

Currently I have:
    - allied bomber;
    - chattering skulls;
    - possessed mine;
    - voidling;
    - undead hunter;
    - possessed machine gun;
    - undead allied soldier;
    - newborn of light;
    - desert golem; and
    - sandworm

I am guessing possessed mine, undead hunter, and maybe allied bomber would be the best picks of what I have (the 3 yellow slots have ruined the desert golem unless one is hell bent on invisibility/thief experiments), but are any of these good enough to compete with Artillery dog, PSS, Sentinel Souless Demon, or the trolls?

Other than CotD, are there really any/many gunner toons on the short list to 5*? If so, which?

OS
    Android
    I know one person here uses a Gunner Voidling for a niche role (something related to Fury stealing I think...)

Otherwise, I always thought the Gunner Undead Allied Soldier was a pain in the neck to fight in Battlefield, so I've wanted one ever since.

I know the Gunner Bomber Boy got buffed recently, but he still feels very Multiple Attribute Dependent.
    Soldier blue in the barren wastes
    Reflecting and shielding's a game
    Wrecking the Axis and wasting the dogs
    The only good demons are tame

Kardas-1158. Retired

OS
    iOS
    Yeah voidling is useful in LoL dungeons stopping bosses fury going off.

I'd say the marauder would be the one I'd take to 5*. The passive is just too good and at least the main attack scales on special + maxed out has a good 1700 base attack.

Others seem to really rate the prisoner too, but have only one trooper with one and its... OK.

Otherwise, I like the bomber boys. The gunner should go great with any damage over time team. Actually, should work nicely with your rocket dog, with bleeds turned into true damage with his special. I think?

Lastly, though they are both all over the shop with skill scaling, I'd go possessed rockets over the mine, simply due to the extra power gain passive.
    Gringo-4930
    MOFO

Currently grinding for:
    Odin(s) - Freya - Scrooge (Slauki) Ed / Moar Yggs

OS
    iOS
    I took an undread gunner soldier to 5*, he's a decent healer. Was the very first character nerfed in the game after beeboo posted a vid of him and aoldier Eddie on auto farm getting two or three turns in a row of fury lol. He could use a buff of some sort. Still kinda fun to play sometimes.
    Drew-1616
    16 5 star characters level 100, 51 max talismans. Mostly Red builds.
    I rotate between the red bat, hellhound, samurai, soldier, purple harpy, and Carriage Rider. Looking for active troopers with Eddie champion, or max talisman ally.

OS
    iOS
    Golden Son is the one you want. The prisoner is another one with good potential. I have bomber boy, but he seems to be a niche character.

Undead Hunter is awesome, one of my first 5* lv 100s. Mine has 3 Energy and 3 Thief talismans, and it's a powerhouse (literally). Works great with power-ability users, and with luck you can Fury every turn. Stats are also solid, offenses and defenses all over 500. If it could get buffed with Energize and Voidling's power ability it would be the ultimate power generator.

Voidling has two nice abilities but stats-wise it's not too hot.

I really wanted to make Possessed Rockets work but those talisman slots... D:
    \m/ Emile-3944 \m/
    I use all my troopers every day (barring crashes). Let's chase those skillshards together

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by MuadDib-7367 View Post
    Golden Son is the one you want. The prisoner is another one with good potential. I have bomber boy, but he seems to be a niche character.
    Agreed. I've maxed my Golden Son and he's good enough to sub for my Corrupt General. While not as beast damage-wise as the assassin, he deals great damage and his thief Talismans steal fury for my Tailgunner Eddies Rambo Fury attack. No worries about him dying as he simply respawns, and he can heal other party members as well

I just scored a Prisoner five minutes ago, so I may explore the underworld with an all Gunner team - Tailgunner Eddie, Golden Son, and Prisoner

I agree the Prisoners attack is meh, but his passive is killer
    Nicko-0517

OS
    iOS
    The Desert Marauder is pretty great in an autofarming team. Set him up with two AoE guys, and they clear waves pretty quickly.

I run Soldier Eddie, PSS, and a DM when autofarming A Matter of Life and Death, and Game of Death on Madness with no problems at all.

OS
    Android
    I have the golden sun and the marauder at 100 and both pull their weight very well.
    Thursty-1116

OS
    Android
    Since we're on the subject already, which one of these gunners should I evolve to 5*? Or should I just wait until I get something better?

Undead Allied soldier
    Gunner dog
    Desert golem
    Gunner mine
    Undead hunter
    Voidling
    Missiles
    Allied Bomber Boy

The undead allied soldier or gunner dog would probably go best with my physical damage teams. I'm also debating on the Bomber Boy to use with the Warrior and Assassin pyros since I have both of those as well. Bomber Boy + pyros + Wicker Eddie should be extra damage galore, if they can stay alive.
    Last edited by Reeb99; 11-10-2016 at 03:50 AM.
    Reeb99-9320

Make the Angel of Fear great again!
    Restore the single target damage!
    No other character has been nerfed so many times!
    Many other characters do much higher damage, and have USEFUL passive skills!
    Why do you hate that character SO MUCH?