OS
    iOS

Characters most deserving/in need of a buff

My number one suggestion is Aces High Eddie.

Aside from his fury, (which theatrically is one of my favorites), he has for the most part but one standard attack (Shoot) and one power attack (Triple Shoot), both found in present. His past are shields (Guard and Reflect Magic), whereas his future is aid (Roulette and Rise). Granted, Rise is an aid/attack, but that ais not altogether pertinent for the points raised considering, IMO.

The problem:

Ill-conceived support Eddie

Aces has two heal options and a fairly weak attack as one might expect of a support character. However, his shields are self-targeting only and his yellow-yellow-red talismans do nothing for him as a support Eddie. Thus, you have Holy Smoke Eddie, who does considerably better damage in all respects, with half of Aces' support options (Rise). Moreover, Soldier's barrage and bullet trace remain superior to Aces' attacks, both in damage and AoE whereas Soldier's Endure (combined with their shared Roulette heal) makes soldier superior both in attack AND support, making Aces the Gunner version of RTTH when compared to Holy Smoke.

Poor standalone Eddie

When all toons have died before the Blood Brothers or LotB, I typically see little reason to panic with a healthy Holy Smoke or Carriage Rider standing. They can wage wars of attrition with powerful attacks and attack-heal counters that permit victory in standalone situations. Not all Eddies necessarily need to be standalone characters, but I submit they should be if they are poor support characters, especially when so armed with yellow-yellow-red talisman slots. Rise is Aces' only AoE weapon and with the energy cost, it neither is nor appears intended to be a reliable AoE attack. Shoot is anemic for a main single-target attack and the "critical" event that gives it a chance at reasonable damage is a pitiful 25%. Add insult to injury, there is no option to raise the event odds to a more respectable 50% or so. Triple shoot does have an option to raise the extra turn event from a pathetic 20% to a ridiculous 30% (at the cost of multiple skill shards, no less). Worst of all, it operates off magic damage, which utterly derails the physical/attack factors found throughout Aces' skill tree and his slots. This would be forgivable if the attack were profound, but it is nothing more than incidental damage to 1 or 2 characters, with a near guarantee that the damage will not be expanded with the squandering of talisman slots for blue, when everything else runs off ATK/SPL.

Suggestions:

1. Increase the damage in Shoot and/or allow a significant raise in event chance via skill shards (it's already like 99 skillshards to max this character... what's another 3?)

2. Magic damage on Triple Shoot NEEDS to go and be replaced by physical or special. You lose the complexity intended, but that complexity was ill-conceived, plain and simple. It's not worth the slots to invest magic for poor-performing attack, period.

3. Raise Triple Shoot's 30% maximum event chance (via hard-earned skill shards) to a minimum of 40 if not 50. This isn't multiple rounds of bullet trace, people... it's not like it needs to be that conservative.

4. Allow the shield(s) benefit(s) in past to apply to the team to better justify the capabilities of this character as a support Eddie.

By observing ALL of these suggestions you have a character who contends better against the likes of Soldier, Carriage Rider, or Holy Smoke without dwarfing their capabilities (unlike the inverse as it is now, which is a shame considering how rare this Eddie is). If conservative measures are insisted upon, then the either all of the Attack buffs proposed alone, OR the proposed shield buffs combined with all buffs proposed for one of those two attacks should be a must.

I will leave the opportunity for others to weigh in on the other toons and Eddies for the moment, so feel,free to add your suggestions or weigh in on mine regarding Aces High.
    Last edited by FlyingV; 11-15-2016 at 06:58 PM.
    JCM800-3367 NOW ACCEPTING TROOPERS
    FlyingV-3167 (TROOPERS FULL)

DO NOT PURCHASE CONTENT FROM THE STORE!

Vote with your money and vote wisely. Developers need to understand the consequences of disregarding the game's players. Free the Generals, Free the AoF, and all the other toons and Eddies they wrongfully ruined to make their job more convenient!

OS
    iOS
    My suggestion on eddies would be the assassin ones....

Otherwise, I'd love to see the the desert warriors buffed. I just find them quite useless...
    Gringo-4930
    MOFO

Currently grinding for:
    Odin(s) - Freya - Scrooge (Slauki) Ed / Moar Yggs

OS
    iOS
    Rainmaker Eddie!!!!!
    31 skill shards!!!!! He should be the best guy in all the game ! Yet only one friend has him as king . As far as I can tell the only character in the whole game that's rarer is Cyborg Eddie.
    His Mark ability takes 4 skill shards and works on only one enemy. It does + 50% damage. It only cost one power point to use but with full level and talisman it does 500 points of damage. Weak so very weak . A waste of a turn. Waste of 4 skill shards. If that applies + 50% to his + 65% fury attack then that would be worth 2 turns, but it's doesn't . Should at least hit all targets with marks.
    His Life Steal ability takes 4 skill shards and works for 2 turns, well one turn is the turn you just used so it's really one turn to use the skill. It has + 40% damage but where is that damage? You don't hurt anyone when you use the ability so it must be on the next turn when you actually strike someone. Nope no extra damage at all ,so you do heal 60% of the damage you deal but there's no +40% damage. What a waste. Should just have life steal as a passive.
    That's 8 wasted skill shards so far !
    His Guard ability takes 4 skill shards and is kinda good because it reduces damage and magic damage and gives you a fury boost awesome right? But it's supposed to give you + 40 % damage boost , but it's a shield. That 40% damage doesn't apply to your next attack ,so what is it ,why is it there? Why did I waste 4 skill shards on it ? The other problem with this skill is that he has the weakest defense and weakest magic defense in the whole game, so wasting a turn not attacking is just weird. This seams great for a sentinel, not a assasin. I do like the ability I just don't understand where the +40% damage goes . Apply it to the next attack and we got a happy Eddie.

So 12 wasted skill shards later, he's not bad but not great like he should be. No heath, no defense = dies faster then you can switch him out for regular Eddie. And that's the biggest problem with him . I feel like I need to put overwhelming talisman on him to keep him alive , so I'm taking away all his strength just to keep from dying . Should I use him like a relief pitcher? Keep him on the bench then bring him on in the bottom of the 9th ? Just to close out the game . Most other Eddies can play the whole game , but I find I'm benching him earlier then any other Eddie.

Cost of the Rainmaker
    Possibly 20 or much more rare gun/ass souls,and lots of luck. 31 yes. 31 skill shards!!

He costs the most, he should be the best .

So please reevaluate, and rebuff, thank you for your time in this matter.

OS
    iOS

Threading and rebuffing characters

I very much agree with raccar-8000. If it takes so many skill shards then why isn't he the best out of all the eddies? It doesn't make sense to me where the extra damage goes. If I'm not using real world money, but choose to use friend points to get skill shards, then it takes over two months!!! If I eventually have the opportunity to get him, just to find out I wasted so much time, shards, and trooper points, I'm thinking I'll be upset.

OS
    iOS
    The Prisoner. Was excited to get him recently and he is quite rare but I quickly learned other than his passive he is useless. His two attacks are single strike and neither hits very hard even with maxed talis.He pretty much sits out for me unless I am facing warrior trolls and need to negate their shields.

OS
    Android
    I was really excited to get rainmaker, especially as I actually had a set of assassin talismans which were also super rare. Wow, what a let-down. Before his special got adjusted, he could at least be useful as a single target attacker. Now he is benched, along with mummy Eddie. He is like the owl cultist of Eddies
    Ian-5547
    I used to play all my troopers every day
    All grind and no respite makes me sad
    One day, I may return

Nobody miss Visions Eddie anymore?
    LoTB Since June 2016

Eddie vision

Yes Eddie vision. Now nobody play with him ,that the reason that nobody write about him. Is a waste of time

OS
    iOS
    Fuckin Visions Eddie is waaaaay too powerful to buff!
    JCM800-3367 NOW ACCEPTING TROOPERS
    FlyingV-3167 (TROOPERS FULL)

DO NOT PURCHASE CONTENT FROM THE STORE!

Vote with your money and vote wisely. Developers need to understand the consequences of disregarding the game's players. Free the Generals, Free the AoF, and all the other toons and Eddies they wrongfully ruined to make their job more convenient!

OS
    Android
    Visions Eddie is a very sad 5*.
    Most assassins seem very squishy to me, without being huge damage dealer (the only I save are Assassin Golden Son, Troll and Harpy).
    Ddrak-3166