Magus mania - 5* Thread

Last "which character should I upgrade" thread I post here, you've all been really helpful and I've got a good idea of the order in which I want to upgrade my characters.

... with the exception of Magus/Blue characters. I have Carriage Rider, Grim Reaper, Speed of Light, Pharaoh Dog King, and Allied Soldier all sitting pretty at 5*; I need just one more for an all-blue anti-warrior-dungeon team. Any suggestions for which of these would fit the best with the others? I have yet to get Corrupt General or Child of the Damned and I know they're the must-haves of the Magus guild, so I have to do with what I've got until souls start pouring in again (which they won't). So! Options! The ones I have who look promising-ish are:

- Pharaoh Dog (I have its big sibling but this one can heal)
    - Pharaoh Water Spirit (Revive, revive, revive)
    - Golden Son (Chance to heal is nice, as is the auto-resurrect)
    - Masked Harpy (Cool abilities, looks cool)
    - Possessed Rockets
    - Haunted Pumpkin (Looks cool, good for burn teams if those exist?)
    - Wickerdog Queen (got nerfed?)
    - Dark Hourglass

Any thoughts, or I am irredeemably crippled as far as Magi go and should go back to buying Magus souls as penance?
    \m/ Emile-3944 \m/
    I use all my troopers every day (barring crashes). Let's chase those skillshards together

OS
    Android
    I'm kind of in the same boat except I lack the PD and PDK. Thinking of evolving my WDQ since she has the charge skill and I'm missing the PDK. Since you have the pdk, I'd probably go with something else than the WDQ.

I also have the Water Spirit, Golden Son, and Masked harpy at level 80. I'm trying to decide which one goes best with my assassin demon and SoL/GR Eddie.

Oh, and personally I don't think the magus CotD is that great. I pulled one recently and I'm not very impressed. Worst CotD in my opinion.
    Last edited by Reeb99; 11-16-2016 at 09:00 PM.
    Reeb99-9320

Make the Angel of Fear great again!
    Restore the single target damage!
    No other character has been nerfed so many times!
    Many other characters do much higher damage, and have USEFUL passive skills!
    Why do you hate that character SO MUCH?

OS
    iOS
    Tough one. None are particularly awesome, but I'd suggest either PWS or golden son. With PDK, I reckon you definitely want an AoE hitter.
    Gringo-4930
    MOFO

Currently grinding for:
    Odin(s) - Freya - Scrooge (Slauki) Ed / Moar Yggs

I would suggest Golden Son I just evolved mine to 5 star with two sets of freezing talismans and he is actually a pretty good character at higher levels. Decent hit points, the heal on perfects is quite nice, and the ability to instantly resurrect itself upon death is a nice touch as well. The freeze effect procs pretty often too with two sets. I had the same choices as you. My PDK is already level 100 so I went with the Golden Son first but then discovered I had enough for two so I evolved the PD too!

OS
    iOS
    I did the golden son a while ago. I tried 5 paladin and 3 freeze 3 paladin. The heal is nice if you need it. His damage is subpar. I never put any skill shards into it though. I'm torn myself on a magus team. I've got the general but that's it. The most appealing to me is the allied soldier. After using him so much to beat the game though I was trying to avoid that one for a while.
    MrFreeze-6530

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Esquatcho View Post
    Tough one. None are particularly awesome, but I'd suggest either PWS or golden son. With PDK, I reckon you definitely want an AoE hitter.
    I have every one of your 5* magus characters leveled and chose these other 2 mentioned above to level as well. Neither is all that compelling, but most magus toons aren't that spectacular as is. I heard WDQ was not very impressive later on, and unless I get something new and better, the harpy gets leveled next, if not the rockets.
    JCM800-3367 NOW ACCEPTING TROOPERS
    FlyingV-3167 (TROOPERS FULL)

DO NOT PURCHASE CONTENT FROM THE STORE!

Vote with your money and vote wisely. Developers need to understand the consequences of disregarding the game's players. Free the Generals, Free the AoF, and all the other toons and Eddies they wrongfully ruined to make their job more convenient!

OS
    Android
    Either the golden sun or the PD would most benefit your team with a little nod more towards the GS, since he hits all. Before GR came out the head would have got more consideration for revive, but they are too squishy.
    Thursty-1116

OS
    Android
    With both PDK and Allied Soldier you already have both auto-heal and reflect shield ability, so you're toons should be hard to kill as is. So, I wouldn't prioritize healing or reviving abilities. Go for damage or other special abilities! I would honestly wait for a better character like the blue bat or the general.
    Johan-1264
    Champion: Vampire Hunter Eddie 5* Lvl 100 Maxed Talismans, Maxed Skills

Senior Member The Educated fool's Avatar
    OS
    Android
    I take WDQ all day, every day over PDK, personally... but since you've already got PDK sitting pretty in your team, I'm not sure it's worth your while to replace him.

With your team as it stands, I'd evolve Golden Son first, myself. Then maybe the harpy. I've heard some rumblings that the hourglass can do some decent damage at high levels, but I haven't seen it with my own eyes. Keep trying for that general though, for sure!
    EducatedFool-1193

MOFO 4 LIFE!

You know it's not only madmen who listen to Fools

OS
    iOS
    Possessed rockets are good for manual - 3 power for an attack all + magic boost. Not as easy as the passive from green pyro, but not a bad bet. Of the rest I've always found the golden son's damage a bit uninspiring and the others I've not really played with.