Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android

What persuades you to drop a trooper?

I am just wondering what makes you decide to drop a trooper, especially if they are daily player.

I try to keep my list at a manageable 30-35 so I can guarantee to play them all every day. If someone doesn't get badges from me, its because the game crashed, or was down for maintenance. I've finished the campaign now, but even before that, I never risked someone's champion on a level I had no chance with, so very very few deaths ever. I dont think anyone would drop me for activity but not sure (???)

I have only been dropped by a few people as trooper, but rejected by a few as well. I have rotated my Champion between Soldier Eddie (lvl 100, 4x 5* talismans, maxed + 2x 4*) or Nomad (lvl 100 with all 5* talis) when it's Green Lord of Light day. Would I be better off leaving it as Eddie all the time and not try to provide a useful ally?

For me, I will drop people if they are inactive for 10+ days (with one exception for some guy with an awesome Wicker Man which I keep using). Otherwise I keep people on my list as long as they are active. Wondering what you guys do.
    Ian-5547
    I used to play all my troopers every day
    All grind and no respite makes me sad
    One day, I may return

OS
    iOS
    #1 reason without exception or fail: inactivity. If (s)he's offline for 3 days, (s)he's off my team. There is no excuse why in 48 hours someone can't log on and autofarm the lowest level in the backround while watching netflix, doing dishes, etc.

I get that ppl may might someone at a nightclub and is having a great evening/morning, that someone has a work deadline, or perhaps has an adventure outdoors on the weekend, but I call bullshit that one can't even log on in 72 hours. Odds are that laziness/boredom are the rule, and some valid emergency that kept a 21st century human from wifi in 2016 is the extreme exception.

The second one is failure to level the player's champion. If that Blue Allied Soldier Champion (purportedly one of the player's best and most-used toons) is sitting at level 43 for a week, then it's clear that player is hardly playing, and if (s)he is hardly playing, odds are my trooper is rarely (if ever) being used by that person.
    JCM800-3367 NOW ACCEPTING TROOPERS
    FlyingV-3167 (TROOPERS FULL)

DO NOT PURCHASE CONTENT FROM THE STORE!

Vote with your money and vote wisely. Developers need to understand the consequences of disregarding the game's players. Free the Generals, Free the AoF, and all the other toons and Eddies they wrongfully ruined to make their job more convenient!

2 days of inactivity. I autofarm Game of Death madness with my 50 troopers each day. Very rarely dont I get all 50 in, usually because somethings happened at work or with the kids in that case. As previous speaker said, anyone can autofarm whilst doing other things at home.

Apologies as I have removed a few faithful troopers recently as there has been some beginners who wanted to add me.

I just thought it will be good to help some beginners.
    LoTB Since June 2016

OS
    Android
    It's a pity there is no way to communicate with troopers in-game, because if someone goes on holiday then I don't expect them to be logging in religiously every day, but good points above.

@Kaijester - Fully understand. I will miss that Cyborg for his special though
    Ian-5547
    I used to play all my troopers every day
    All grind and no respite makes me sad
    One day, I may return

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingV View Post
    ...There is no excuse why in 48 hours someone can't log on...

Respectfully I have to disagree. I was locked out of the game from Thursday November 10 and it was resolved by customer support on Monday November 14. 5 days of inactivity because I could not log into the game, I was locked out beyond my control. I wanted to, but I could not. Normally, I play every day and use 100% of my troopers daily without fail - with uncontrollable game crashes being the only obstacle.

Consequently 5 troopers broke up with me I don't hold that against them. I understand their desire to get trooper badges reciprocated from active troopers, and I agree with that, however inactivity doesn't always mean someone is being lazy or busy.

Cheers!
    Bryan-3528

"Was many years ago that I left home and came this way, I was a young man, full of hopes and dreams"

OS
    iOS
    For troopers with good chars (5*, high level taliis or..?), 20+ days, could be longer if it's a char i use a lot, and one i don't have myself. Like already mentioned by others, lack of progress can get me to keep an eye on that player.
    Anyway, it's just a game and rl can be bitch, even though i agree that it should be possible to autoplay the lower levels, while doing other things

+1 for some kind of ingame message

tex-0775
    Last edited by tex-0775; 11-17-2016 at 04:44 PM.
    Örder of Eld: Sanctuary for players that can live without mandatory Discord-sessions and pow-wows

OS
    iOS
    I never drop a trooper
    Nekroliun-3119 - Rainmaker Eddie/Nomad, prob both pretty bad

Free your soul and let it fly! Give your life to the lord of light! Keep your secrets and rain on me, all i see are mysteries!

OS
    iOS
    It depends on the trooper. If it's one that I have to use to pass some of the hardest levels then i will probably never drop that trooper. If it's not such a trooper though i will drop him if his been inactive for about a week. I have a great maxed soldier eddie that hasn't been logged in for over 3 weeks but i won't remove him even though i have a good soldier eddie myself.

Markosloizou-0507
    Samurai Eddie maxed skills, 4* and 5* talismans

I usually drop troopers based on inactivity of more than 3 days; I figure 3 days is good because stuff does come up, people go out of town and what not. I also consider dropping troopers if they never use my champion because while that's only 25 points per day, it does add up especially if I can have someone that does use my champion.
    KendoSlice-2128
    Grim Reaper Eddie (Champion)
    Feel free to request an add, I use all 50 every day