Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizrael View Post
    sorry, but why would you do that? the set bonuses are quite important and like this you end up having one useless holy talisman and one useless yellow talisman...i wouldn't bother with any yellows on a magus eddie. you either go full glass cannon with 6xholy or then if you must (for to me an unclear reason) have yellow talismans equipped,use 2 to get the 25% special bonus. i would still prefer to use a green set though.

in my experience,this game is so simple,that fantasizing about any combos is completely unnecessary (even though i would love to see some and i have many of my own in mind).

but at the end it all comes down to one big word of wisdom,which someone on these forums said a long time ago (think it was Gonzo...sorry if im wrong):
    "It's all about how much damage do YOU do."
    you can easily manually beat all LOLs and campaign stages (except for the beast) without allowing the opponent a single turn. especially once you get the red bat. so why would you bother with some sentinels,no matter how fancy their passives look?
    Just get: red bat,glass cannon GR,soldier,CR,pharaoh,storm(or other strong eddies),PSS/warrior golden son and the fourth slot is pretty much a free one (used for troopers or wicker man/nomad for more damage).
    with this setup it's just about the right use of character order and enemy targeting.
    sadly...in my experience 90% of talismans are just not worth using losing the 15-20% stat boost from holy,paladin,strenght,guardian. you anyway never need that freeze or paralyze,when you get 8 hits (9th with shock or burning) in your first turn and finish the opponent...

glass cannons ftw

I got your point. But it depends on the situation. I always go with high damage strategy, because i have enough heavy hitters in all kinds. But i change talismans depending on what i am facing with. In some situations (like facing Gunner Lord of Light) some HP is much better than one set bonus. You can't stand with a 12-13.000 K HP Grim Reaper against Magus or Gunner LOL boss, or a wave of Trolls. If you give a turn, they can kill you like just hitting a fly. I choose Yellow Bulwark instead of Green Ward Talisman, because it gives me more Magic damage than Greens and i got some Special to build my fury faster. Yellows have just 1500 k less HP compared to Greens, which makes putting Yellow instead of Green reasonable for me.

For example, i run my Grim Reaper Eddie with 2 x Holy set, 1 additional blue and one yellow talisman. Lets compare them with maxed talismans and level:

Grim Reaper Eddie Additional Stats with Talismans:

Full magic damage set (6 x Holy Talismans)
    HP STAT - 13865 K, MAGIC STAT - 4084 K, SPECIAL STAT - 503 K

Survival set (5 x Holy Talismans + 1 x Yellow Bulwark)
    HP STAT - 15572 k , MAGIC STAT - 3752 k, SPECIAL STAT - 617 K

Point is, i choose to have 1707 K HP + 114 K SPECIAL instead of having 332 k additional magic damage. Which is a very fair exchange in my view. Because when i have enough heavy hitters in my team, having 332 K less damage on my Eddie don't make much difference for me. I rather have little bit more HP and SPECIAL. Because when Eddie dies, you lose. I want him to survive first, and release more fury : which can recover losing little set bonus damage.
    Last edited by osiris0000; 11-26-2016 at 01:51 PM.
    "Into the Abyss I'll fall - the eye of Horus - Into the eyes of the night, watching me go..
    Green is the cat's eye that glows, in this temple.. Enter the risen Osiris! Risen again!"

Lyrics: Iron Maiden - Powerslave