Android
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ancient Mariner View Post
    Which is the better investment? Discuss
    if you have good character skill shard if not souls
    I play all troopers all days.

OS
    Android

The not random option

Skill shards. They are not random. You won't buy a skill shard and receive a 1* Shard.

I use Ironites on Rare Souls (the pack with 10) and my trooper points in Skill Shards.

OS
    iOS
    Skill shards. Souls suck. The drop rate is so bad that any seasoned player with a few characters in inventory would not part with hard earned resources. The Devs have noticed we aren't spending the anticipated ironite/trooper badges on rare/rare class souls, so the solution was to effectively eliminate rare souls from rewards to increase the demand by limiting the supply. Unfortunately, without revamping the drops from these souls they went from high supply of crap to low supply of crap. Demand may i variably go up, but not by much.

The only time class souls are (or may be) worth it are during some rare, limited promo, and if they burn us on that enough, then that might come back and bite them in the ass. Last promo was a day one bonanza and a day2-3 drought, for example.
    JCM800-3367 NOW ACCEPTING TROOPERS
    FlyingV-3167 (TROOPERS FULL)

DO NOT PURCHASE CONTENT FROM THE STORE!

Vote with your money and vote wisely. Developers need to understand the consequences of disregarding the game's players. Free the Generals, Free the AoF, and all the other toons and Eddies they wrongfully ruined to make their job more convenient!

I got my great gunner characters from buying G/A Souls at 3750 trooper badges...imo get skill shards only when you gotten the characters that you wanted.
    LoTB Since June 2016

OS
    iOS
    I have to agree skillshards are the way to go. I once thought that specific souls might be useful for trying to get a specific charater like samurai Eddie but after buying 25 red souls I learned the truth... Go with skillshards.
    Eagleknight-9103

I'm Back.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaijester View Post
    I got my great gunner characters from buying G/A Souls at 3750 trooper badges...imo get skill shards only when you gotten the characters that you wanted.
    I guess ass/gun souls are the exception. But the red,blue,green are not very good.
    Eagleknight-9103

I'm Back.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagleknight View Post
    I guess ass/gun souls are the exception. But the red,blue,green are not very good.
    I think the experience of the poster in this thread was the exception. I don't recall ever getting anything of merit from purchased gunner/ass souls. My two great purple/yellow pulls were in-game awarded souls, if I recall correctly, whereas my purchased G/A souls have not been very rewarding. I also recall a meltdown or two on this forum about G/A investments gone awry.
    JCM800-3367 NOW ACCEPTING TROOPERS
    FlyingV-3167 (TROOPERS FULL)

DO NOT PURCHASE CONTENT FROM THE STORE!

Vote with your money and vote wisely. Developers need to understand the consequences of disregarding the game's players. Free the Generals, Free the AoF, and all the other toons and Eddies they wrongfully ruined to make their job more convenient!

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingV View Post
    I think the experience of the poster in this thread was the exception. I don't recall ever getting anything of merit from purchased gunner/ass souls. My two great purple/yellow pulls were in-game awarded souls, if I recall correctly, whereas my purchased G/A souls have not been very rewarding. I also recall a meltdown or two on this forum about G/A investments gone awry.
    I believe I may have gotten my assassin GS from a G/A soul... Whether they are worth the higher cost than red/green/blue souls is a different matter completely though!

If I had to come up with a rule for trooper points it would be:

- New teams: Souls
    - Experienced teams: Skill shards - Except during special events

So many people got FOTD from green souls for example (myself included)
    Gringo-4930
    MOFO

Currently grinding for:
    Odin(s) - Freya - Scrooge (Slauki) Ed / Moar Yggs

OS
    iOS
    I am just in this situation just now. Farmed LOL X today and got bag load of souls - just normal ones and loads of 3* Red Evo Runes (I think 11 so far in one and half sands of time run throughs). Anyway, I have used troopers for this and got loads of badges to spend.....I don't have loads of great toons yet and really want an Assassin GS or CotD - really anything to be honest that will add to what I have as my main toons.....
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496