Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by scott-5496 View Post
    I am just in this situation just now. Farmed LOL X today and got bag load of souls - just normal ones and loads of 3* Red Evo Runes (I think 11 so far in one and half sands of time run throughs).
    Digressing from the thread topic - But you what!?!? I've been going the red LoLX every time it comes around for at least a sands-worth & have probably only gotten 11 3* evo shards in the past month!

Anyway, maybe worth spending the trooper points on red souls, considering you've gotten so many upgrade shards?
    Gringo-4930
    MOFO

Currently grinding for:
    Odin(s) - Freya - Scrooge (Slauki) Ed / Moar Yggs

OS
    Android

Skill shards for sure

Souls are so random and waste. You can get your allies very powerfull with skill shards.

"When I'm walking a dark road
    I am a man who walks alone"

Account: Frost-6115. Feel free to check me. Actually trooper list is full, sorry

OS
    Android
    I have a strategy depend on what i need currently. For example, i have maxed my 3 chars with skillshards that i use most of the time. On the other hand, i really want to collect some new characters (Gunner & Assassin ones), thats why i am investing in Gunner & Assassin rare souls currently. I know this is an expensive gamble, but i have no other choice to get a chance for obtaining my desired chars.

In my opinion, skillshards are the best investment if you have all the chars you desire - or if you haven't maxed your main team.

But if you have maxed enough chars to keep the game going, i can't see any logic about putting skillshards on another non-top tier chars. I need to have a char that worth that skillshards, otherwise i don't spend my trooper points to collect skillshards.
    "Into the Abyss I'll fall - the eye of Horus - Into the eyes of the night, watching me go..
    Green is the cat's eye that glows, in this temple.. Enter the risen Osiris! Risen again!"

Lyrics: Iron Maiden - Powerslave

Quote Originally Posted by osiris0000 View Post
    I have a strategy depend on what i need currently. For example, i have maxed my 3 chars with skillshards that i use most of the time. On the other hand, i really want to collect some new characters (Gunner & Assassin ones), thats why i am investing in Gunner & Assassin rare souls currently. I know this is an expensive gamble, but i have no other choice to get a chance for obtaining my desired chars.

In my opinion, skillshards are the best investment if you have all the chars you desire - or if you haven't maxed your main team.

But if you have maxed enough chars to keep the game going, i can't see any logic about putting skillshards on another non-top tier chars. I need to have a char that worth that skillshards, otherwise i don't spend my trooper points to collect skillshards.
    I agree. I was really just trying to generate a conversation on here about stuff in game especially since we can actually talk these days instead of wading through tons of spam. Currently, I am buying 1 shard (to max out GR Eddie) for each 2 sould I buy. Example, hit 5k buy a shard, hit 2.5k buy 2 red souls (I really want that damn AoF lol).
    KendoSlice-2128
    Grim Reaper Eddie (Champion)
    Feel free to request an add, I use all 50 every day

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Esquatcho View Post
    I believe I may have gotten my assassin GS from a G/A soul... Whether they are worth the higher cost than red/green/blue souls is a different matter completely though!

If I had to come up with a rule for trooper points it would be:

- New teams: Souls
    - Experienced teams: Skill shards - Except during special events

So many people got FOTD from green souls for example (myself included)
    Not I, and I committed every badge I could to green souls (as well as all remining ironite on rare souls during the event). Granted, one could only score so many with 3-4 days of play, but it ended up being a worthless sacrifice of a skill shard or two in the end. Imhave grave misgivings that the same fate will revisit me during next week's update.
    JCM800-3367 NOW ACCEPTING TROOPERS
    FlyingV-3167 (TROOPERS FULL)

DO NOT PURCHASE CONTENT FROM THE STORE!

Vote with your money and vote wisely. Developers need to understand the consequences of disregarding the game's players. Free the Generals, Free the AoF, and all the other toons and Eddies they wrongfully ruined to make their job more convenient!

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by osiris0000 View Post

the strategy is understandable, but overlooks a few aspects: namely the banking of skill shards for new promo characters and sacrifice prospects in the future. Three months of accumulating is only 2-4 characters worth of shards, and a promo or update seems inevitable for that duration.
    JCM800-3367 NOW ACCEPTING TROOPERS
    FlyingV-3167 (TROOPERS FULL)

DO NOT PURCHASE CONTENT FROM THE STORE!

Vote with your money and vote wisely. Developers need to understand the consequences of disregarding the game's players. Free the Generals, Free the AoF, and all the other toons and Eddies they wrongfully ruined to make their job more convenient!