Thread: Bruce Dickinson

OS
    Android

Bruce Dickinson

Just thought I'd create a thread dedicated to Bruce Dickinson.Maiden's amazing lead singer <3

what can I say I LOVE this man,his voice is amazing and he's an amazing person in general.
    I hope to one day see Maiden in concert and see Dickinson on stage with the rest of the group perform.

Who has seen Maiden in concert?And has he ever done anything special or hilarious while on stage?Like for ex I seen videos where he falls down while singing but he tries to keep the fans entertained by falling and keep singing and putting his legs in the air lol
    Or has anyone ever been lucky enough to meet him in person?

OS
    Android

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by KuroKitty View Post
    Just thought I'd create a thread dedicated to Bruce Dickinson.Maiden's amazing lead singer <3

what can I say I LOVE this man,his voice is amazing and he's an amazing person in general.
    I hope to one day see Maiden in concert and see Dickinson on stage with the rest of the group perform.

Who has seen Maiden in concert?And has he ever done anything special or hilarious while on stage?Like for ex I seen videos where he falls down while singing but he tries to keep the fans entertained by falling and keep singing and putting his legs in the air lol
    Or has anyone ever been lucky enough to meet him in person?
    Hello KuroKitty

Well... Not only Bruce is amazing - all the gentlemen are like this... Very friendly and nice people... Always find time to chat for a while, sign you the records or make a photo with you if you ask nicely... Well... I've seen MANY Iron Maiden gigs... The first one (and the first one ever in my life) was in 1984, when I was 11 years old... They played on Torwar Sports Hall in Warsaw... Being honest not especially interested in music then - the biggest impression was the giant Eddie, with the sparks coming off his eyes, colourful lights and Davey throwing his guitar up in the air... That's all I remember of my first gig LOL

Hmmm... Something unusual on stage you ask? I've seen something like this in the same Torwar back in 1995... When they played ''The X-Factour'' there with Blaze... No Mr. Dickinson - yet I remember that Eddie fell off the stage - people started cheering and laughing like it was something on puropse - yet he simply entangled himself with some wires and fell... Sadly didn't come again during Iron Maiden...

Yes, I've met all the present and some past band members (Blaze Bayley, Paul Di'Anno) during all these years since I am listening Iron Maiden couple of times... Have nothing but great memories...

To tell you how these people are - one story...

Once I went to The Mariott Hotel all by myself in usual clothes (no Maiden shirt, pin anything, all that was for to look decent, not to arouse suspicion to hotel' security)... Many of Maiden fans were already waiting in front of the hotel - yet they was not allowed to enter by the security... I went inside though

Took my place by the table and have covered all the entrance doors, before I bought small bottle of water and I had to pay 10$ for this - for the pure water! But OK... When Nicko and Steve showed up - I calmly walked to them, greeted on behalf of Iron Maiden FC, said couple of warm, nice words to feel them great - like home... I always do - sure could ask straight ''could you sign this, please'' or ''can I have the photo with you'' - but I act different - when you are polite, nice and not pushing - you can sometimes get even more than you ask for... It really works - not just with Maiden, but other musicians as well... Simply when I am talking with somebody I feel that representing my country so I do everything that all the musicians keept their best memories of visiting Poland while returning home and be sure that Polish fans are the best in the world...

So... We were start talking and after a while a man from the security walked to us and ordered me to leave the hotel immediately... So I begun to argue with him (Steve and Nicko were waiting all the time and smiling)... Said to the man there's no way that I am leaving now, unless he will kick me by force :P
    Wouldn't be good so at the end I just translated this to Steve and he's said: ''Everything's OK... He's a friend of ours... Please leave us''...

After some time Adrian showed up and Steve waved for him - That will be less for you to catch... When we did some talking I asked them if they would be so nice and find some time for a picture... - Of course... - Thank you, but I am worrying... there's no anybody with me to take the pictures... - We'll do... Just say where you wish us to stand, ok?

Adrian took the pic of me with Nicko and Steve, and then Nicko did one with me and H.

While Bruce showed up he went to the hotel shop for some shopping... Calmly waited till he finish, the same procedure... Greeted him, did some small talking and asked for a photo...

- Sure! Shoot! (We were still inside the shop)
    - Could we just go outside, please? Not in the shop, you know...
    - Oh, OK... Just wait for me to grab my stuff...
    - Sure, no problem...

And the pic was shot by some other hotel' guests...

So you see KuroKitty they are great guys, very down to earth, with no star atittude - if you know what I mean... Later on Steve walked downstairs, saw me sitting at my table, walked over and asked how I am going and went outside to the fans waiting and I believe he signed everything to everyone who's asked him...

Cheers,

W
    Witkacy-2631

In today's event: Flushy Tuesday you may try for one & only 25:

Hallow Ed

Don't worry be harpy

OS
    Android
    That's just what I expected to hear

I always knew Bruce was a nice guy because in interviews I seen of him he always looks very chill and he seems to enjoy what he does and I know its no lie and no act because I seen some youtube videos where Bruce literally calls out on people in the audience who he sees misbehaving like there was one in my hometown that happened 3 years ago (and I'm so sad that I didn't get to see this concert...ugh ) where a girl was being harassed by some fat guy or something and hurting her and Bruce saw it in the middle of performing 2 Minutes to Midnight so Bruce saw it and he immediately started to curse out the guy he said something like "Hey you fat boy yeah you!Why don't you fucking pick on someone your own size instead of picking on girls alright!?" and the was like telling him "You're out of here!You!You!"
    Honestly you don't see this happen so often with other artists,this proves that Bruce DOES care for his fans and will not tolerate people like this who try and ruin the experience for everyone.
    In fact the girl in that situation would have probably been someone like me since I'm small and fragile,big mean guys would probably harass me like that and if Bruce saw that he would yell at them right on stage.What a wonderful guy <3 protecting his fans.

And I envy you omg I would love to see Iron Maiden in person,my heart would explode if I met Bruce Dickinson or Steve Harris since I have a crush on them both the most, but overall I love ALL the guys,I love Nicko,Adrian,Dave,and Janick.
    I watch their videos of funny moments.

And about acting friendly I can understand that for sure,don't wanna scare famous people lol and not ask them to sign weird parts of you -ahem guy from that one video meeting Bruce Dickinson-
    Last edited by KuroKitty; 11-22-2016 at 10:25 PM.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by KuroKitty View Post
    That's just what I expected to hear

I always knew Bruce was a nice guy because in interviews I seen of him he always looks very chill and he seems to enjoy what he does and I know its no lie and no act because I seen some youtube videos where Bruce literally calls out on people in the audience who he sees misbehaving like there was one in my hometown that happened 3 years ago (and I'm so sad that I didn't get to see this concert...ugh ) where a girl was being harassed by some fat guy or something and hurting her and Bruce saw it in the middle of performing 2 Minutes to Midnight so Bruce saw it and he immediately started to curse out the guy he said something like "Hey you fat boy yeah you!Why don't you fucking pick on someone your own size instead of picking on girls alright!?" and the was like telling him "You're out of here!You!You!"
    Honestly you don't see this happen so often with other artists,this proves that Bruce DOES care for his fans and will not tolerate people like this who try and ruin the experience for everyone.
    In fact the girl in that situation would have probably been someone like me since I'm small and fragile,big mean guys would probably harass me like that and if Bruce saw that he would yell at them right on stage.What a wonderful guy <3 protecting his fans.

And I envy you omg I would love to see Iron Maiden in person,my heart would explode if I met Bruce Dickinson or Steve Harris since I have a crush on them both the most, but overall I love ALL the guys,I love Nicko,Adrian,Dave,and Janick.
    I watch their videos of funny moments.

And about acting friendly I can understand that for sure,don't wanna scare famous people lol and not ask them to sign weird parts of you -ahem guy from that one video meeting Bruce Dickinson-
    KuroKitty

Well... Bruce is not always very friendly, especially when someone is not very friendly and keep pushing... Once I saw when some Polish fan ran towards Bruce, embraced him and shouted to his mate ''Shoot!'' - what did Mr. Dickinson do afterwards? He fell the guy off himself quicker than blink of an eye, said ''fu*k off'' and walked away

Well... Like we all, these are just humans - may have bad days, been tired and all that stuff - but like I said - have met some of quite bunch of musicians already - some of them were in not the best shape - like Lemmy - I guess no need to explain further - so I didn't dare to ask him for a photo (though he sign me the Motorhead record as he promised before the gig)... Bit pitty though because there won't be another chance, but I am happy that I talked w/ him for a while and for the sign... Just one person disappointed me - was waiting quite long and back home with nothing - yet I won't tell who he was - as he passed away as well...

As for myself - being rather not huge for a guy as well (just 170 cm) so I don't like crowd either, that's why never being at the front row, at the barriers - with one exception though... When Europe was playing the gig in Warsaw at the open air, a friend of mine who knew me well, set a seat for me and a photo pass, so I could enjoy (and record the gig without risk that security will kick me off with recording equipment) the gig from ''zone zero'' - all the folks were behind me - so there was minimal risk that someone may hurt me or the stuff, yet I had to watch out from time to time for people who desperately wanted to break on the stage to make a jump from there and the sec were struggling with them and dragged them off stage...

What can I say... I remember myself as a kid while hanging huge posters of Eddie in my room - if any would tell me that I will meet all my heroes later on - I would say its so unreal, not possible, but it happened... Thanks to my wonderful friends... So you gotta believe maybe you'll get your chance as well, who knows? I personally think that it's lot of easier to you, gals... No need to do anything special - just smile and be charming and that's it...

Cheers,

W
    Witkacy-2631

In today's event: Flushy Tuesday you may try for one & only 25:

Hallow Ed

Don't worry be harpy

OS
    Android
    Well then again that's not very nice in the first place to just run up to your idol and glomp them like that.I wouldn't like it if someone did that to me either its just kinda rude without asking first....because like its a celebrity,you don't do that lol I would get excited if I saw him but I wouldn't hug attack Bruce or else he'll slam me X,D okay maybe not slam me but he would get mad, like you said.Best thing to do is just approach him nicely,because again Bruce is a tough man.He don't like stupid fans (who does anyway right?) though as a cosplayer people tend to do this a lot at conventions seeing their favorite characters come to life and want to embrace them,its happened to me lol but that's a different topic.

Whoa you met Lemmy?Consider yourself lucky since he's now gone and your autograph from him is worth a lot now. Remember it and keep it safe,its a precious memory now <3

I've never personally been to an actual concert with any big musical groups.I've only been to one concert in my life so far and it was a concert lineup for Japanese pop artists and a couple J rock groups.Being an anime fan and all I do tend to listen to J pop occasionally but I prefer old school music.
    None of my friends are sadly into Maiden,again being in the anime crowd my anime friends are all into Korean Pop groups or the Jpop Jrock groups.I'm the only one who listens to the old school metal lol

Maybe I will get my chance who knows,seems a lot easier than meeting the Japanese groups I like like SID.
    Maiden has come to my hometown and they were here this year but I HATE myself for not knowing about it and missing the opportunity. ugh.No fair.

OS
    Android
    Really luv Bruce's voice...
    His solo album like Tears of the Dragon or Tattoed Miillionaire still pumpin the Bruce character eventhough fading the Maiden Nuances.

Btw that Adrian Smith voice in Reach Out also good...and definitely better than Bryan Adams... lol

-beastmaster-

OS
    iOS
    Something unusual on stage?

Lol

It was Maidens last U.S. Show on the Somewhere in Time tour. It was at the Irvine Meadows Amphitheater in California, and the band had announced they were taking off for four years. They had already came out and done their encore. The theater lights came up as to say "shows over folks", but no one moved. We all just stomped and chanted "Maiden"! It was amazing. So the lights go back out after this went on for a long time and the band came back out. I can't for the life of me remember what they played, but Bruce began undressing on stage during it. Next thing you realize is he's singing in his tighty whiteys and as he sings the last chord you see a roadie come hauling ass across stage with a towel....

And yes, Bruce pulls his sweaty ass underwear off and flings them into the crowd. Last thing he said in the mic was something about how he had no clothes so he could not perform anymore.

Needless to say, it was Epic. Will never forget!

Can't count the amount of times I've seen them since! Up the Irons! For Life!
    Saigrim-3244

Order of Eld Clan, One Member of Many