Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS
    iOS

Max skill shard exploit

I've finally managed to reproduce this one.
    1. You need a toon that matches a trooper's toon. (I used allies, eddies are untested).
    2. Battle with your toon, I farmed LOL X.
    3. Swap your toon on the next battle with your troopers max skill shard toon.
    4. On the following battle swap your non max skill shard toon.
    5. Viola, your toon now has max skill shards for calculating damage.

Happy exploiting.

This exploit took a LONG time to track down, I would suggest to the devs to make a post whereby the community is shown how damage is calculated under all conditions. I know they don't want to give us this info, but I'm guessing there are many more bugs like this that have existed since release and gone unnoticed.
    Drew-1616
    16 5 star characters level 100, 51 max talismans. Mostly Red builds.
    I rotate between the red bat, hellhound, samurai, soldier, purple harpy, and Carriage Rider. Looking for active troopers with Eddie champion, or max talisman ally.

OS
    Android

Works with Eddies too

I tested with GR Eddie after I suddenly saw my GR Eddie doing WAY more damage than normal after using him AND a trooper with maxed skill shards... But I didn't know this was te reason.

"When I'm walking a dark road
    I am a man who walks alone"

Account: Frost-6115. Feel free to check me. Actually trooper list is full, sorry

OS
    Android
    That explains why my red bat would do more damage after running through my troopers. I was wondering if it had something to do with that.
    Reeb99-9320

Make the Angel of Fear great again!
    Restore the single target damage!
    No other character has been nerfed so many times!
    Many other characters do much higher damage, and have USEFUL passive skills!
    Why do you hate that character SO MUCH?

OS
    iOS
    Damn fine work sir! Damn fine!

Completely makes sense now that I think about it! Reckon it might also include talisman buffs as well as skill shards? My AoF is maxed skill shards, but not talismans, but my troopers is and I reckon it hits harder too (but this is purely anecdotal and is a gut feel, as opposed to any actual testing)
    Gringo-4930
    MOFO

Currently grinding for:
    Odin(s) - Freya - Scrooge (Slauki) Ed / Moar Yggs

OS
    Android
    Great catch! Does this work for the first round only after using the maxed trooper or for every consecutive replay?
    Johan-1264
    Champion: Vampire Hunter Eddie 5* Lvl 100 Maxed Talismans, Maxed Skills

I've also noticed from farming same stage the damage would vary with same characters. , but didn't think my troopers were to blame.

OS
    iOS
    This may also explain why my SE fury hits like a limp lettuce if the last trooper I use doesn't have his fury maxed out. Will have to check that out tomorrow as used them today.
    Does a shutdown of app and restart correct this ?

OS
    Android
    Good job, this finally explains many weird behaviours.
    _______ 💀 Tom-7714 💀 ___________

___________ | CLAN | __________

👹 The Mofo Cult 👹

OS
    Android
    i tried this now two times,
    once by swapping my non-shard FoTD Eddie to a max shard overall trooper. From optical standpoint i see no difference and i think my eddie did more damage in 2nd battle, but could also be a coincidence of autoplay.
    Tried again with my non-shard corrupt general to a full-shard trooper.
    While optically nothing changed (either in damage/talisman calculation, neither in skills display), the damage changed.

Yet i played Road to ruin nighmare on manual and noticed, that both my eddie and my corrupt general do more damage, even though it's not noticeable except for the damage numbers ingame. Thanks for this.
    So it seems permanent, not only once after playing a maxxed toon, yet it only stays as long as you're in the game. Once you shut down the game, the damage numbers go back to normal/unskilled.
    So this exploit IS indeed interesting, but for my POV only interesting, if you have a low-mid level character and want to continue in progress or want to farm so badly but your unskilled Eddie/toon can't keep up, and you have a similar max skill toon/eddie.

Thanks for sharing the info

Edit: Well, i just tried the trick with my low-level/low-talisman account. It may take over the 20-30% damage off the skill shards, yet not the "full" damage (like, my Angel of Fear is still poorly equipped and my troopers AoF is greatly equipped. Both 5* LV100, The Damage numbers were: (single basic perfect hit, playing with nomad, so increased anyway)
    My AoF before: 3*1000 something.
    Troopers AoF: 3*4-5000
    then again My AoF 3*2-3000
    So damage increase yes, but "only" the 20-30% damage off the skill shards is taken over. If both toon are greatly equipped, the 20-30% additional damage make a lot of difference (as the difference was very noticeable for my FotD Eddie or Corrupt general on the other tab, yet if you're poorly equipped it's an increase, yes but not to that point where you now scream: "finally i can beat battle XY, which i lost everytime before."
    Last edited by satani; 11-25-2016 at 01:48 PM.

OS
    iOS
    Knew something like this was going on!

And I don't think it's only same characters - may even be same attacks. When I was leveling up my Tailgunner Eddie, using a Soldier Eddie before would affect his damage as they share the same attack - Barrage.

Thanks for isolating this!
    Nicko-0517