Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

List of underrated characters

Post here a list of characters that don't get all the attention but are hidden gems:

Assassin undead axis gunner- power move steal beneficial effects, alternative to wikerdog king

Assassin Death dog-power move charges all allies damage! Stronger than typical boost. passive ability like blue bats

(All) Newborn of lights- with among highest atk or magic stats, +single enemy attack, most effective in LoL boss when you have affinity over the element. AoE characters are nice but is comparable to a slash when you need a hard stab in LoL/boss type fights

Edit: meant undead axis gunner, not soldier
    Last edited by Nifelheim; 11-26-2016 at 10:16 AM.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Nifelheim View Post
    Post here a list of characters that don't get all the attention but are hidden gems:

Assassin undead axis soldier- power move steal beneficial effects, alternative to wikerdog king

Assassin Death dog-power move charges all allies damage! Stronger than typical boost. passive ability like blue bats

(All) Newborn of lights- with among highest atk or magic stats, +single enemy attack, most effective in LoL boss when you have affinity over the element. AoE characters are nice but is comparable to a slash when you need a hard stab in LoL/boss type fights
    Assassin UAxS was my second character I leveled to 5*... very useful at the time in LotB, but not so much now. Mothballed it and repurposed the Talis elsewhere. My Assassin troll would be preferable if needed, but CR makes both relatively useless if he is in the party.

Angels of Pain and Strife seem like prime candidates. Seems like the Warrior (Fear) is the only one that receives the credit (Likely due to the staggering passive), but I imagine any of them to be devestating in the right team.

One I don't expect to be mentioned (for some time) is the new sentinel corrupt droid. Basic (single) attack is nothing spectacular, but it scales to max HP (a major asset for sentinels), but the power attack is worth considering adding the tank to the team -force shield and party immunity for 2 rounds. There goes the need for Pharoah Eddie altogether, especially in PVP.
    JCM800-3367 NOW ACCEPTING TROOPERS
    FlyingV-3167 (TROOPERS FULL)

DO NOT PURCHASE CONTENT FROM THE STORE!

Vote with your money and vote wisely. Developers need to understand the consequences of disregarding the game's players. Free the Generals, Free the AoF, and all the other toons and Eddies they wrongfully ruined to make their job more convenient!

OS
    Android
    Axis Soldier: Deals 4 shots of random damage. But that also means you get this shields down very quick that last for 5 hits. Plus you get a 15% chance for an extra turn for the WHOLE PARTY! Combined with an Assassin Troll or an Warrior Bomber Boy (each of them accurracy up for 2 rounds beginning of a battle) you get quite a decent amount of extra turns.

OS
    Android
    RTTH Eddie seems a little underrated with his massive attack stat. Haven't tried him out at max level yet but think I will give him a go soon.
    Johan-1264
    Champion: Vampire Hunter Eddie 5* Lvl 100 Maxed Talismans, Maxed Skills

OS
    iOS
    Pharaoh Eddie has invulnerability not immunity. Immunity just blocks negative effects I believe. Invulnerability blocks all damage so pharaoh Eddie is still a top toon for pvp. But with all the toons that steal or remove bennificial spells it won't be a popular choice. Also they nerfed his invunerability to 2 turns.

The way it looks like there going with pvp is that no matter the team you build it can always be beat. At least from looking at the changes to old toons and the spells on new ones. It looks like pvp matches will be decided by who chooses the right skill at the right time, lands a perfect hit, and who goes first.

I think mainstay of toons in pvp will be a combo of hard hitters and spell removal or blockers and an Eddie that can fill several positions. Like reviver healer damage and spell control. If you look closely at the new toons and especially eddies you can see what they are going for.

I am looking formtoons that can fill mutiple roles not just damage.
    Eagleknight-9103

I'm Back.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingV View Post
    Assassin UAxS was my second character I leveled to 5*... very useful at the time in LotB, but not so much now. Mothballed it and repurposed the Talis elsewhere. My Assassin troll would be preferable if needed, but CR makes both relatively useless if he is in the party.

One I don't expect to be mentioned (for some time) is the new sentinel corrupt droid. Basic (single) attack is nothing spectacular, but it scales to max HP (a major asset for sentinels), but the power attack is worth considering adding the tank to the team -force shield and party immunity for 2 rounds. There goes the need for Pharoah Eddie altogether, especially in PVP.
    Good call. Took mine new and unleveled through a number of levels of Underworld Madness - with my Wickerman and Tailgunner Eddie. Not a single Talisman on him. He did great and survived every time.

Pharaoh's Fury is great, but never liked it only hit one enemy and the Fury meter fills more slowly than Power. The Force Shield/Immunity combo is very similar to Invincibility as it prevents damage and negative effects, and can be used in almost every battle.

Nothing is perfect - a Wickerdog King can steal effects - an Angel of Pain can stunt them - but overall I agree - this guy is pretty solid

Update: Ran him against tougher levels like Beasts Wrath. Put some basic unleveled 3* Energy Talismans on him. Team fared ok and survived, but that shield can fall much quicker against heavy/multiple hitters...
    Last edited by Nicko; 11-26-2016 at 05:28 PM.
    Nicko-0517

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by konstifik View Post
    RTTH Eddie seems a little underrated with his massive attack stat. Haven't tried him out at max level yet but think I will give him a go soon.
    Agreed. I put meteor on him as well to provide some AoE to give him some more flexibility.

OS
    Android
    Chattering Skulls is a personal fav right now. Not so many options with attacks but his stats are awesome at 5* 100 and his 'Rise' power attack is the same heal all allies/physical damage to all enemies as Smokie Ed. His basic 'Streak' attack deals random damage to a single target but has 20% chance to grant heal shield, heal amp or endure to all allies and the effect chance jumps up 20% with skill shards. No passive abilities but for a char that drops through 1* G/A souls, I would definitely consider him a hidden gem!

Chattering Skulls 5* 100
    HP - 6691
    ATK - 759
    DEF - 694
    MAG - 714
    MR - 694
    SP - 438
    If you're gonna die, die with your boots on
    mjmxiii-1619

I know everyone disagrees but in the right setup and with decent talismans Visions Eddie can be beastly. Mine has insane HP and does huge damage, can heal, debuff remove buffs, blind nod stun opposition ( yes he is stunned too but if you have the right troopers you can then finish the mobs off or remove the stun easily enough) . I think he is too quickly labelled 'useless' because of the self stun of his ult. I've used him a lot and he is very flexible and tanks a lot of battles.
    Chris-8884

OS
    Android
    I have a gunner desert marauder lying around for a while. I decided to give him a try. He's now 5* lvl 65 with 5 maxed talisman (4 red, 1 yellow) and 1 yellow at 3* lvl 1/30, and no skill shard spent. Already he does a bigger damage than my Soldier Eddie (maxed talisman), albeit the desert marauder is only a single attacker.

Another interesting thing is his passive, Marksmen (give "perfect hits"), helps a lot during autoplay.