Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    OS
    iOS

Is this game ready for PVP

Sadly for me it's a no
    Players may want it but until all the character bugs are sorted out I can see badlum with its release

So I think we should have no more new characters until the old ones are sorted out

Developes need to concentrate on getting BNW Out first while still working on bugs in general game
    I'm hoping BNW a will solve the Rune problem because this is also a must before PVP hits

OS
    Android
    fully agree. no chance that we can get a balanced or good working pvp yet. some characters still scale with the wrong stat and some skills don't do what they should. some chars are ridiculous OP others are way to weak.
    In this state of the development it's not possible make a good pvp feature imo. Even if they would release in a big new tuning patch, i'd bet, that there will be a few more crucial things to fix.

pvp is a great idea, but at this point it makes no sense for me. let's take some time and release a good PVP i'd say rather than a bugged one.
    But i'm afraid, that they will release it asap nontheless.

Then we will get another beta feature, which will have to be adjusted many times, till i workes fine.

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    iOS
    I hear what you guys are saying, but I am itching for some new content. Delaying it too long could cause a loss of interest for many end game players.

BUT -I could be patient awhile longer if a new world were to be released soon...

OS
    iOS
    For me the new content is the characters that I cannot use due to the lack of talismans. My progress has come to a complete halt in this game and I'm way behind most of you now, but I feel like it's not worth my time investment at the moment. I'm only missing about 20 rare characters, which I'll collect in time, but if I can't upgrade the ones I've got with max talismans I don't see a point. The other point of contention is some of my characters have been hit pretty hard by the nerf bat like samurai Eddie ->who by no means is a slouch, but LOTS of other characters hit just as hard as him now, do AOE damage on top of that, and add buffs as well. And the character reworks are still an issue with quite a few of the eddies sporting useless skills. I'm sure it will all work itself out eventually, but I feel like the devs have to work through every character one at a time, fix the issues/rework, then balance, then bug check ->which is an enormous task. Broken talisman effects are problematic like the thief and power steal. Lots of bugs. :/
    Drew-1616
    16 5 star characters level 100, 51 max talismans. Mostly Red builds.
    I rotate between the red bat, hellhound, samurai, soldier, purple harpy, and Carriage Rider. Looking for active troopers with Eddie champion, or max talisman ally.

OS
    iOS
    I agree. We are way overdue for some new content, but I do not think PvP is the answer at the moment. I'm actually not sure which would drive players away from the game faster; getting no new content and continuing the daily farming grind, or getting frustrated with a broken PvP system and giving up on the game. I'm with everyone else - I'm most looking forward to A Brave New World. I'd love to have a way to build up talismans with a purpose, instead of the endless farming with the hope of a rune drop.

We can beat the issue of character balance to death, but I think it's silly to make a 1 star character just as potent as a legendary character once at 5 stars. For the RNG the way it is, I want to feel like I really hit the jackpot when I get a legendary character. Not slightly better than the 1 star that I've leveled up to 5 stars. I understand building teams based on skills and abilities, but I would like a legendary character to feel legendary.

Sadly, I'm not feeling great about PvP. Someone said it in a different thread, but I think this forum will blow up with complaints and whining once PvP is released. That's the nature of PvP anyway, but it will be greatly magnified if there are significant bugs and character issues.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleestak View Post
    We can beat the issue of character balance to death, but I think it's silly to make a 1 star character just as potent as a legendary character once at 5 stars.
    I'm not too sure about this one. The only reason I got my team to be any good was by grinding up lower level characters to 5*, and if you lock off the really powerful characters to legendary drops only, you run the risk of making the game feel pay-to-win, which is a dangerous path to go down.

I also like the variety that you can get with all the 5* characters being on the same level. If only a handful of characters were OP, people's teams and trooper selections would be pretty damn dull!
    Bobo-5710 (HIATUS)

Current champion: Coalgiver Eddie, lv 100
    -4 5* Strength Talisman (Fierce), 2 2* Health Talisman (Overwhelming)

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    I'm not too sure about this one. The only reason I got my team to be any good was by grinding up lower level characters to 5*, and if you lock off the really powerful characters to legendary drops only, you run the risk of making the game feel pay-to-win, which is a dangerous path to go down.

I also like the variety that you can get with all the 5* characters being on the same level. If only a handful of characters were OP, people's teams and trooper selections would be pretty damn dull!

Bobo I understand you point to an extent but legendary souls use more skill shards which are the hardest and most expensive resource. I don't want to see my legendary soul which I waited months for and then took months to skill it get nerfed all the time.

This thread was set up about pvp tbh I have no clue how they will implement it but I do know the bugs in the game and on characters and talismans will cause havoc in this forum.

Better to get thing working properly in the game first and bring out BNW and night city as new content to keep us happy with extra content

OS
    iOS
    I'm wondering if PvP will involve the 100+ character slots? Instead of using sands of time to play PvP, perhaps you will only be able to play with available characters in your inventory? Once used, they can't be used again until game resets? 100+ slots seems a lot for duplicate characters....

OS
    iOS
    Considering most of us that have been around since Day 1 have OP characters geared with 5* talisman, I expect PvP is going to be an "RNG fest" with little skill and a lot of luck. There are probably at least 100 of us that are equal strength in terms of characters and talisman.

What would be more interesting is allowing us to mod talisman to suit character needs. That way you would actually be building a unique character as opposed to to selecting from red, green or blue talisman. That may allow a bit of differentiating at the end game level.

OS
    iOS
    I agree there are other things I would rather see then pvp. Sacrifice is first followed by new content. Pvp is dangerous aspect for some games. I have seen games be completely ruined by balencing for pvp and the uproar it can cause. The main reason I don't believe it is the right time for pvp is the bugs and the lack of ability to manage a players character base. We end up selling toons for gold instead of using them for something good.

About tailismans I agree the drop rate for lvling runes is bad. And I hope it will be fixed with BNW. Another reason for BNW before pvp. But I do have to say to be effective in the game you only really need 5or 6
    Sets of maxed tailismans. When I started I maxed 4 sets to be able to finish and farm the game. Then I built up my inventory and gold before deciding what to do next. Yes it is tedious to change tailismans from one toon to another but it is a good strategy. You don't need full sets for every toon. I would also think about saving mats for the new tailismans that may actually be better the the ones we currently have.

I loved some of the ideas posted here. Like having to use toons from your inventory only once. But that is only good for top players and it puts anyone else at a disadvantage. I also agree that pvp should be taken slowly and planned very well before implementing it. But no matter what they give us for pvp someone will always feel slighted because of how it works.

I really wish they would wait on pvp until sacrifice, BNW, night city, and bug fixes were complete but it really does sound like we may be getting pvp first.

One final note I wish they would stop nerfing characters in the name of balance. If
    Other toons are not preforming they should be looked at. Hard to get toons should be better then some of the others and it is out right stupid to nerf good toons that people have maxed out with skill shards just because someone said that toon is op. Also too not allow players to remove those skill shards is irritating. In every other game I have played if a character or class is nerfed all skill points are reset or refunded. It is not the players fault the devs decided to nerf the toon. I am very carful when talking about characters on this forum because I don't want good toons nerfed.

I do want pvp I just think other things should happen first. But, I'm just a player and will deal with things as they come. I know Sparton and others do hear what we want but we have to understand that the final decisions may not lie with them.
    Last edited by Eagleknight; 11-30-2016 at 08:45 PM.
    Eagleknight-9103

I'm Back.